Chapter Six: Finale

Game

 

I took so long and yet this is so lame OTL


 

“You’re so silly.” You whispered into your husband’s ears as he propped himself up next to you on the bed. You snuggled into his chest and wrapped your short arms around his torso, absorbing his heat under the blanket – Hokkaido was definitely too cold for you. He pulled you nearer, grinning at the way your arms stretched desperately.

“I know,” he admitted cheekily, “That’s what makes me beautiful, right?” You giggled. ‘Hopeless.’ You actually thought as you rested your head on his chest. The warmth radiated from him made you sleepy.

“I missed you so much.” You confessed, trying to stay awake. It had been a while since you last cuddled with Himchan. It felt so comforting nonetheless. You sneaked your hands underneath his t-shirt and caressed his strong back, he ruffled your hair in return.

“I swear I miss you more.” He replied.

“You don’t have to swear you know.”

“Then scratch that, babe. I love you ‘til the end of time.”

You frowned at his choice of word. It wasn’t like you hate his cheesy, lame expressions but it was always good to act shy. Nonetheless, the two of you started off as friends so you couldn’t really adjust to this side of him yet. Instead of bashing him you chose to keep quiet. You were too tired after a daytrip around the area you were in. Still, you were surprised how quickly you found Himchan.

This morning, you walked side-by-side with your lucky star Daehyun on the slippery, snow-covered streets. Snow decorated the city, turning everything to a lighter shade of the spectrum. It was beautiful, though you had caught a cold because of the huge temperature difference from Singapore. You sneezed before the boy handed you tissue paper. “Thanks.” You muttered and he grinned, holding a bowl of oden steadily and carefully in his free hand.

You stuck the piece of tissue into your coat pocket and adjusted the camera strap before lifting up your camera, beginning to capture the peaceful scenery around you again. Daehyun just stared at the shops on both sides of the small street. He occasionally told you to stop for a while when he entered one of the many shops, coming back with either new clothes or steaming, delicious food.

It wasn’t like you and Daehyun were awkward, well, you two were awkward at the moment but who cares? He was the best person to be with on a trip – carefree, witty, charming; not to mention his taste in food – this boy definitely knew where and what to eat. He might usually be a little overly talkative but he was too busy entertaining himself today. Compared to Junhong or Yongguk, he was way better companion. Way better. At least he didn’t trouble you at all. He was mentally old enough to take care of himself.

He was one of the younger committee members in the music society you organised with Himchan and Yongguk back in your university days. He was helpful and fun so the three of you grew close to the younger boy. You could basically send him off to any kind of task as long as you filled his stomach, so he was your favourite junior.

“I heard from Yongguk hyung that he left hints for you in Singapore and Hong Kong. How come he didn’t leave any for me?” Daehyun asked in his heavy Busan accent. You shrugged your shoulders and lowered your camera.

“I guess we’ll have to travel around Sapporo, I don’t know.”

“I thought married couples would have some kind of telepathy.” He said and laughed at his own statement. “You guys obviously have none.” You were about to retort but he cut you off. “Nah, any arguments are not valid. Save it.”

If it was Yongguk who had said that you would have punched him in the face, but looking at this gloriously handsome face your fists wouldn’t listen to your order anyway, so you shrugged your shoulders as if you didn’t hear his comment. “Maybe he thinks you smart.” You joked. He laughed it off and walked off to a bin nearby to dispose the empty container in his hand.

“Meow…” You heard something when you waited for Daehyun to come back from throwing his rubbish and diverted your attention to the bench across the sidewalk. “Meow…” You heard that again and pointed at the direction for Daehyun to see. He raised his brow and looked at the bench. ‘What is it?’ He asked with his eyes.

“Is that a kitty?” You tilted your head a little to get a better view of the ball of fur under the wooden bench, “I think it is.” Daehyun responded by quickly hastening towards the direction before squatting down. Apparently, it didn’t work, so he leaned further down and reached under the planks of wood for the baby animal.

‘This boy can be so sweet sometimes.’ You talked to yourself. After a moment, Daehyun came back with a tiny kitten in his hands, proving you right. “So what do we do next, noona?” The boy asked confusedly as he held up the kitten to your eye level. You turned your head sideway, sneezed, and spoke.

“It’s injured though.”

“Oh really?” Daehyun held the kitten up again and observed it thoroughly. “Oh yes. Its leg is wrapped… So what do we do now?” He repeated his question. You didn’t know the answer either and bit your chappy lower lips.

“Maybe we can hand it to a police station? Or perhaps a pet shop if we manage to find one…” You suggested and were met by a series of approving nods.

“But wait, who gave it first aid?” Daehyun suddenly pointed out the strip of blood stained cloth wrapped around the kitten’s front leg. “The pattern on the cloth seems familiar.”

“Is it Himchan’s?” The two of you spoke in unison and immediately accepted the hypothesis.

“Let’s go quickly, he should be nearby now!” Daehyun exclaimed excitedly and lifted up the kitten into the air shaking it gently, then nuzzled into its fur.

“I’ll go, you can search for Himchan. My Japanese is better than you!” You teased, made a telephone gesture telling him to call you and walked away.

---

‘Screw Himchan hyung, I’m hungry.’ I thought as I watched noona sneezing and taking the kitty cat to the nearest police station. No food, no energy. No energy, I wouldn’t be able to look for Himchan anyway. So I drew out my phone and searched for good restaurants in this area. Strolling on the streets, I scrolled down the list of restaurant to choose one I like best.

“Bingo!” I mumbled, smiling instantly. “Ramyeon. My favourite!” Shoving my hands and my phone into my coat pocket, I shuffled towards the direction of my destination. Feeling lonely, I plugged on my earphones and lip-synced to B.A.P’s “Secret Love”. What a nice song.

In no time, I was sitting at the bar-like table, slurping the second bowl of ramyeon in a row. “Oishii~” I beamed and praised, making the old lady owning the shop smile as well. Before I forgot, I texted noona to tell her where I was, and turned up the music again. Silence wasn’t my cup of tea.

Immersed in my own world of food and music, I was caught off guard when noona tapped my shoulders from behind. Panicked, I jumped up and took off my earphones as quickly as I could, trying to generate some excuses for not helping her find her beloved husband.

“Thank you Daehyunnie you’re so smart!” She threw her arms around me and whispered in hype. Turn around and look that way!” She signalled.

It was Himchan hyung, and I nearly spat out food in my mouth. He was right behind me slurping on his own bowl of ramyeon. Together with noona, we did a shush motion and crept behind him.

“Boo!” We succeeded in scaring him, apparently, and he caught everyone’s attention with a loud, very audible yelp of fear. He clumsily slammed his chopsticks down and covered his mouth in surprise, at the same time concealing his wide grin. The moment finally came!

---

“Finally! We’re back in Korea at last.” You said as you got off the plane after the prolonged trip in Hokkaido. Himchan wrapped an arm around your shoulder and leaned his head on your petite shoulders cheesily before you slapped him away laughing. “I missed home.”

“But we’re going for our honeymoon next month~”

“Wha-“

“No what’s! It’s confirmed, love.” Himchan smiled ridiculously. “You don’t want to? But you promised me a baby. And I want a honeymoon baby.” You really had to face palm at this point – he was too much for you. “Ahhhh why!” He whined when you flung him away, and even stomped his feet like a child. ‘This boy was no father material…’ I thought before hiding in a duty-free shop.

“Noona!” Someone called me from afar and I was surprised since it wasn’t Himchan – he wouldn’t call me that. My mind was a mess, trying to guess who the person was and where was he, until the bright smiling face appeared in front of me: Jongup.

“Oh hey! Jongup!”

“You still remember me? I’m happy, keke. What are you doing here?”

“Hide and seek.” I winked, “It’s my turn of the game.”


Disappointed, right? Ah me too.
I wasn't going to make this fancy and stuff because I thought I'll have ideas to lengthen the story...
Like, I thought it was too early to come up with a resolution...
So... idk.

Since this was an unplanned story I hope you don't mind ><
But anyway... IT HAS FINISHED! And thank you for the 24 subscribers who succeeded in tolerating my stupidity!
I love each and everyone of you<3

See you guys in my other stories! c: