Chapter Four

Unexpected Beginning

Barely after a second the horrible news left his mouth we stood up completely appalled and panic stricken "WHAT!" we shouted along with Ms. Maricel who seemed disappointed by their carelessness. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULDN'T BE!

The man bowed apologetically and explained that it was fine before but when they ran a check just now, it stopped on the first verse then a beeping sound replaced the rest. The other technical staff were doing everything they can to fix it or atleast find another copy, but no luck time was ticking very fast.

Our song was a specially edited remix of K-pop and English songs along with some classic danceable beats, it can't be replaced in time. I lost the strength in my knees to even stand and fell down on the couch "Faye" Sam laid a comforting hand on my shoulder, I closed my eyes trying to think of any way we can get out of this. The clear options were to either cancel our performance or think of a kick performance in less than 20 minutes, that with finding a new song in time.

It was impossible.

A long shot.

For once I felt weak and completely helpless, our manager left with the producer guy, but unfortunately left us panicking. Vera and Gina were desperately trying to calm down and think clearly as was Sam who tossed me a bottle of water, I took a gulped and leaned my head on the couch crossing both my arms and legs.In my head I saw the fans outside who were cheering for us and our families and friends back home who gave their  support before we left, we had a party before we left and they gave us gifts they made themselves.

I much preferred hand made gifts with sentimental value over material possessions anyway....so I was really touched.

But now I imagined their faces eagerly waiting for us to perform and how they would look when we didn't, I felt my chest tighten my heart felt like a boulder sinking into my stomach. One thing popped into my mind that I don't want to disappoint anyone...no one, I just couldn't!.

Not anymore..

Quickly I snapped my eyes open and turned to the plasma the Elite were still performing. "It won't be long before they finish!"  Abruptly standing up I walked to the mirror almost as if I can see our new performance in my head reflecting through the glass, faster than I could stop it. "Fa-"

"We have to perform" I said, everyone stared at me with questioning looks "I have the new routine and song, Vera call Ms. Maricel and the producer quickly!" I ordered, glad that she didn't asked why and just ran out the door without haste. I tried the best that I could to explain the new choreography to everyone and once Vera came back I explained the new act and the new song.

Ms. Maricel was shocked the act was so much different than what we originally prepared but had no choice but to agree, the producer as well was in awe as I explained. I was out of breath and had to drink up all the water in my bottle before I finally finished "So do you guys get it?" I asked my breath was ragged from all the talking, I was hoping that they got it.

Sam was deeply in thought, Vera sat down her hands placed on her lap, Gina was looking very nervous unlike before "I do" Maize wrapped an arm tightly around my shoulder, I grinned and nodded. I asked the producer to give us an extra 30 minutes or whatever time they could if they can, he agreed seeing as this was their fault.

"Although I'm not too sure it is entirely their fault"

Vera stood up with a sigh and grinned "Our leader really is something" she saluted, Gina bounced up giving the thumbs up. Sam however looked conflicted, but turned into a bright expression "Roger" We rehearsed what we could in the minimum amount of time no less than 15 minutes and even though they were starting to really get it, I had the hardest part of all.

I purposely gave them the simplest but best moves I could think of, and gave myself the task I wasn't to sure I could do, but I was sure I had to. There were too many people counting on me, on Agroup, and we weren't about to give up without a fight.