Chapter Two

Unexpected Beginning

I cursed under my breath when we stepped into the airport, reporters and paparazzi were already crowding us. They probably got here days before we did and have been waiting for hours for our arrival, but still it was annoying nonetheless, I'm rarely in the mood to smile.Thankfully I happened to be wearing my large aviators and a grey long sleeved shirt with my black skinny jeans and vans, my blue canvas backpack was casually slung over my left shoulder. Pretty much my image was laid back and calm that's how they see me and that's the way I like it.

The security guards and our bodyguards helped to keep them back and a few fans at bay, as instructed by our manager we politely smiled and shook hands with a few fans since we can't stop to sign autographs. I sighed out in relief as we finally boarded the black van waiting for us outside, our manager Ms. Maricel Dumage was covered in beads of sweat. 

"Here we are in the beautiful land of Seoul, say hello everyone!" Sam smiled into her iPhone and pointed it to each of us, I just stared out the window and briefly waved to the phone. I admired this country for being so peaceful and their impressive economical innovations "Have the Elite arrived yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, they arrived yesterday morning actually" my eyes narrowed at the window and took out my phone deciding to play some tetris. "They don't waste anytime don't they" Gina smirked confidently, Maize gave her a thumbs up "So will we, when can we practice?"  we practiced our routine for 3 weeks back home, but of course we still need to practice here to familiarized ourselves.

"Since it's 1 in the afternoon maybe after you settled in your hotel rooms" Our manager grinned and started tapping on her phone, I saw another black van following us from the rear view mirror.

Security sure is tight here...

As soon as we were ushered to our room and the beige door was pushed opened Vera immediately lunged on the large bed for two once we entered the room, after putting down our luggage we slumped down on anything that had cushions in the spacious suite. I was dead tired, but still had to get back my energy for practice later "This view is awesome!" Sam said in awe, I rolled to my side on the bed and silently agreed before rolling back to my original position.

"Time to unpack ladies" Ms. Maricel ordered clapping her hands as she entered our room.

Pushing myself of the comfy bed and kneeling over to my suitcase to it, slowly taking out it's contents. The others started doing the same and we neatly organized everything in the closet, bathroom and on the bedside tables.

I took out my phone from my pocket and checked the time "It's 3 already" I announced, Ms. Maricel seemed to be in thought for a moment "Alright we'll have your practice tomorrow morning, so today you can rest up or go sight seeing" the moment she said that Gina and Vera shouted in joy.

Mentally I was happy since I could have a fresh practice tomorrow instead of today, but I was still aware that the contest was only 3 days from now.

<.><.><.><.><.>

We were all so close to passing out on the floor of our hotel room, we had scheduled a double practice session for the whole day and now we're totally burned out. Tomorrow was the day we and so many people have been waiting for, the competition has finally arrived. So far we haven't seen any sign of Elite and that we considered lucky, we didn't want anything unwanted casualties to happen.

"Woohoo...It's 6pm and I am so hungry!" Maize complained, we all agreed since we haven't had anything to eat since 3pm when we had a light lunch.

"You girls don't think your manager will let you go hungry, do you?" Ms. Maricel faked a hurt expression and opened the door where a trolley of food was pushed in by a smiling female staff. "We know you wouldn't, because we love you!" Gina laughed and hugged our manager.

"Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything, enjoy the food" The staff bowed and left "The staff here are very fluent in English, impressive" I smirked not expecting anything less from a 3 star hotel.

After eating we each took long showers, since we were covered in sweat and were really stinking up the room with our combined smell. I didn't risk rubbing the stench on the bed and sat on the ground till it was my turn, I got dressed in black pajama pants and a white over sized shirt. We did a quick prayer and went to bed, we'll need all of our energy for tomorrow.

The Next Morning

"Everybody Wake up!" an irritating loud voice shouted waking me from my slumber followed by a loud clapping of hands together, I stirred and turned to the bedside table and reached out to check the time on my black iPhone. It read 7:00 am, I placed it down and covered my face with my pillow the competition doesn't start for 3 more hours!

I suddenly felt the sheet being yanked away leaving my upper body cold on reflex I shifted to try to take it back, but it was the morning and I just didn't have the strength to win. "Get up!" I recognized our lovely manager's voice as it boomed throughout the room. Seriously her voice was very loud and extremely annoying in the morning "You have a lot of things to do, preparation, interviews and the location is about a 40 minute drive depending on the traffic- Get up or else I'll pull you all off the bed!" she yelled threateningly.

"Fine" mumbling I rolled on my back rubbing my tired eyes "Is breakfast ready yet?" Sam sleepily asked, her right hand covering her eyes. "Yes, now get dressed" she walked into the bathroom and we all heard the sound of running water being .

"Gina your first!" I watched her drag the youngest off from her bed and pushed her in the direction of the bathroom. "Our poor baby" Maize chuckled sitting up with a yawn, lazily I tossed the covers completely off and went to the mini fridge to grab a bottle of water.

After thoroughly washing up in the bathroom and eating breakfast, our manager wasted no time in getting us in the van and now we're currently heading to the venue.

I was listening to some songs in my phone on full blast the whole ride, I watched the streets and buildings past through the window. I replayed the choreography in my mind a few times until I was satisfied, and was even thinking about taking a short nap but decided against it.

"Oh, shoot!" I heard Vera curse slowly, even in full volume I could still hear amazing isn't it. I turned to what she was looking at and couldn't stop my eyes from widening, a lot of people were at the venue. "This is way too many people than I expected"

I wasn't the only one in shock all of us even our manager couldn't stop staring at the window, luckily it was tinted so no one could see us. The competition was being held outdoors so they had a large stage built, complete with stage lights, smokers etc. And of course bar barriers with people crowding to get in front, I unconsciously gulped feeling the nerves building up.

The guards were already there and looking very intimidating and sharp, a pathway was in the middle and in front was the stage and on the left was the judges table that was on a wooden platform.

Reporters and paparazzi were of course present on the scene, fully prepared and already checking their watches and searching for the performers or anything worthy of being filmed.

"Great" I sighed and leaned back to my leather seat.