Chapter Three

Unexpected Beginning

The car expertly curved and drove down to the back entrance of the giant stage, guards were already keeping a watchful eye out for stray fans or reporters. We hurriedly got out from the car and followed our manager inside and to our dressing room.

I took in a deep breath and tried to relax as I changed into my outfit, a long black sleeveless scoop style shirt with black jewels decorating the top of the shirt and black torn leggings with black shoes with white soles. They styled my hair with elegant curls at the bottom and my bangs to the right and applied something on it to make it shiny and soft. As for my make up they went with light cause I heard the make up artist say my skin was alright so I didn't need much, she of course said it in Korean I'm sure she thought I wouldn't have understood.

And that is my advantage.

The others also looked good in their clothes we were all coordinated black,I was pleased with our appearance and moved to sit on the leather couch provided and began typing on my phone bored. After about 15 minutes we were all ready, I could hear the music being played outside from inside our dressing room as the stylist bowed and left.

Ms. Maricel entered looking proud with her phone and clutch tightly in hand "You girls look perfect" she complimented, I nodded acknowledging her with a small smile. "Loving this look" Vera winked at herself in the mirror, while Sam took a seat next to me.

I the small flat screen that was inside the room and randomly surfed through channels, then I came to a stop when I saw the venue popped up on a channel. "Nice, we're being broadcasted on TV!" Gina raised her right hand to high five Sam who also seemed excited.

It was all in Korean so no one but me could understand it, but that didn't seem to displease them as they watched the host explain the competition and they even showed some fans holding up posters with 'A group' decorated with drawings and glitter, the others were posters with boldly written 'Elite'

After seeing this I saw Gina grimace "I hope those Elite aren't dressed like us, that would be gross" she said, taking a sip from her bottled water. The door opened with a man carrying a camera and a tall skinny female next to him dressed in a short peach dress, her hair was loosely tied in a curly ponytail.

"Girl's please give your message to your fans" Our manager briefly said, and we all stood up the female bowed to the cameraman and started introducing ourselves like we rehearsed.

We waited till she turned to us and bow leaving out the door with the cameraman in tow, since the others had to learn basic greetings like hello, thank you or goodbye we didn't have a problem. Not many people knew I could speak Korean so I didn't bother to, we just said our greeting and thanks in English.

I could not even imagine how Elite did theirs, but one thing is for sure they must have learned to say at least a full sentence in Korean "That girl was pretty" Maize said, propping up her feet on the table. "Getting nervous Maize?" I asked mockingly. "Yeah right, with our leader being so relaxed why should I" she grinned playfully, I had to give her props that was a good answer.

"Elite is up first, then after five minutes your on" Our manager informed leaning calmly against the wall "What is this? a save the best for last situation" Vera laughed, we all joined in because it was TRUE.

We watched the TV intensely as they played Elite's message, all traces of smiles vanished from our faces the moment we saw their faces. Allyna the leader of Elite was in the middle looking so proud with her self righteous grin, on her right was Sharmaine the co-leader with her version of a cute girl look, beside her was the youngest Pamela who made a peace sign. On the left was Sarah who was the most graceful among the Elite because she took up 12 years of ballet, next was Denise who I had known was the tomboy of the group before but now I guess not anymore.

Their clothes were coordinated with white and purple going for some kind of an elegant look, I had to admit they looked good even for my standards. It's a battle between cool rocker style or sophisticated style in fashion "Che" Vera scoffed bitterly.

I was right about their message it was better, only because they had Allyna speak a Korean greeting which was only "We would like to thank everyone who continues to supports us and we love you" she obviously practiced it a bunch of times, but her accent was stiff.

By a fan's point of view their message were beyond better, because they took the time to learn a few sentences unlike us. "They aren't holding anything back are they" Sam scowled crossing her arms over chest. I glared at the screen once Elite appeared on the stage and I chuckled once their song played.

"Wow cute song" I smiled at their choice of song which was 'Bubble pop by HYUNA'. I didn't mean it as sarcastic it really was a cute song, in my opinion at least. Their moves were exact to the beat and they expressions cute and innocent, like a little girl.

A very Elite performance indeed.

Now I was convinced that it was a war not a battle, but what I didn't expect was the horrible news that came crashing through the door.

"THERE'S A PROBLEM, YOUR SONG HAS BEEN ALTERED WITH!" a man that seemed to be a producer with his headset dangling from his neck reported, making our chest heavy in an instant.