Chapter One

Unexpected Beginning

"Hey, wake up already" I heard Vera say from behind my seat, groaning loudly I turned my head and saw her nudging a sleeping Maize who had her head resting on the airplane window. I glance over to my seat mate Samantha aka Sam who was reading a book with a plain black and white cover, her earphones stuck on her ears for who knows how long.

I crossed my arms tiredly with a yawn, startling Sam who looked up from her book "Your finally awake" she greeted and checked the time on her silver wrist watch "Can't be too long now" she shifted in her seat and went back to reading.

My name is Faye Shin Park, yes from my name alone you could tell I'm a foreigner- I'm half Korean and half Chinese with 25% Filipino blood. I have long black hair with some natural brown highlights and light brown eyes that consisted my trademark Chinese look along with my white, pale skin that I was born with. I'm not short either my height is 5'7 and my weight...I really don't care to know for that matter.

I'm the leader of 'Agroup' who specializes in hiphop and street dance in the Philippines, my team members are Vera Jane Bustamante who is half European with long black hair, brown eyes and slightly white skin- Her height is about the same as mine and she's my co-leader. Calm at most times, but when angry can take a day to fully calm down she's helpful at most times but tells terrible jokes.

Next to her is Maize Yamaguichi who's Japanese, fluent in Tagalog, nihongo and English. Slightly tanned with brownish hair that's been parted to her right and cropped to the sides. Bubbly and cheerful and very out going, but is surprisingly mature despite her looks and style. She's the shortest in the team with a height of 5'6, but does an hour long stretches everyday because she believes she'll get taller.

My seat mate Samantha Locin who is half American with some distinct Canadian features she inherited from her father, the motherly figure among us who serves as a genuine peace maker and the most mature of us all, academically gifted although clumsy at sports. She's taller than me by a centimeter and also older by two months.

Last is Gina Fuentabella who is seated in front of me with our manager, Gina is half British from her mother's side - Dark hair that only reaches past her shoulders because she recently had it cut by accident last month and black eyes with Caucasian skin as for her height is the same as mine. Youngest of the group and the funniest preferably known as the crazy joker or prankster and often gets scolded for being noisy.

As for my personality I'm friendly and nice most of the time, but also emphatic and often described as cold for my style and looks. I admit that and I'm proud of it, I'm not that trusting of others and not fond of sharing my personal thoughts to anyone whether it's my family or friends. I have an older brother of 9 years who is currently in charge of our family's company back home, which was started by my grandfather in the late 2000's or something.

We're 18 years old expect for Gina who is 17, currently we are on a plane headed for the land of K-pop Seoul Korea for a dance competition against our rival Group 'Elite'.

Elite and Agroup were not always enemies, in fact we were suppose to be in one group but a fight broke out between Sam and Sharmaine a member of Elite. I'm not too familiar with the details but the fight was not pretty to look at or even hear from, the agency decided that it'll ruin all of us if it continues since eventually we all had to take sides. The agency came to a conclusion to only keep 5 members to start a new group so we had to do auditions to get the spot, that's how Agroup was formed.

But naturally Elite didn't take it lightly and moved to another agency and from then on we became bitter rivals and sworn enemies. Both groups got so successful that we even reached some international fans but what we did not expect was our manager telling us that the public had finally made a huge appeal for a battle between us and the Elite, we figured the agency wouldn't allow it but we weren't so lucky.

Somehow they managed to get some entertainment agency in Korea to do the judging and sponsor, not only are Korean judges expert in this kind of field they are known as perfectionist and star quality talent scouts. It's obvious ever since K-pop craze broke out Korea has been the top country to be and the place to be if you want to be a star.

"Hey! We're finally landing!" Gina squealed excitedly, which made us all look out the window to see the sights of Seoul