Chapter 4

Meeting Fate By Being Late

It had been a week ever since the news that Jinki and I were dating got out. And to be honest, it was the worst week ever.

Every time I would take a step out of my apartment, there would be one or two fans glaring at me as if I was some a filthy person. That’s not all to it though. When I’d enter my SM’s company, there would be many fans chanting, “Break up! Break up!”

Jinki had personally told me many times not to worry, but honestly, how can I not?


“Can you please stop acting so gloomy?” Jinki asked as I fixed his hair.

I sighed, “I’m not gloomy.” Of course, that was a lie though, and he saw the lie right through me.

He grabbed onto my wrist, and pulled me down so I was seated comfortably on his lap. Luckily, there were only us two in the room. “Are the fans really getting that much to you?” I nodded. “I’m just afraid.” He frowned. “What are you afraid of?”

What am I afraid of? I’m actually not sure of what I was afraid of.

Could it be because of the fans themselves?

Or maybe the thought of Jinki’s popularity worsening day by day because of our relationship?

I faked a smile and got off his lap, “Come on. I need to fix your hair before Viola blows up on me.”

“Haeri,” he sighed and cupped my face, my cheekbone lightly, “There’s nothing to be afraid of okay? Whatever it is, I’m here. We are both in this together, so don’t ever think you’re alone. Okay?” I nodded, taking in everything he said. He smiled and leaned in, kissing me gently before pulling back. “Now come on, let’s finish my hair now. I don’t want Viola to yell at my beautiful baby,” he said laughing. “So cheesy!” I made a disgusting face and he laughed even louder.

“And you’re too cute,” he said, poking my nose a few times.

“Oh my god, just stop,” I laughed.