Chapter 3

Meeting Fate By Being Late

When he confessed to me, I was truly shock, yes. I never expected him to return such feelings to me, because he was an idol. But I guessed wrong. He told me that nothing will ever change whether he’s an idol or not. Of course, I accepted his confession, leading him to carry me up and scream out to the world,

“PARK HAERI IS LEE JINKI’S GIRLFRIEND!” causing us to earn stares from the people around us.

As soon as we broke the news out to the rest of SHINee, they all went, “We knew it from the very start!” “You guys are such bad liars.” “Oh my god, you know how obvious you guys were?” All we did was just shook our heads and smiled at them.

And of course, sooner or later the manager knew and the whole SMent knew too. They congratulated us and even threw us a surprise party, which we both expected from the start.  The party though, was actually very entertaining for everyone.

For our 100th day anniversary, he begged his manager for him to take a day off.

Early in the morning, he drove me to meet his parents in Gwangmyeong. I was utterly nervous to the point where I was on the verge of tears and ended in a crying mess in his car. Seeing that, he pulled over his car and pulled me into an embrace, rubbing my back and whispered words of reassurance into my ears, soothing me down by a whole lot.

Meeting his parents wasn’t bad at all. They were very kind and accepted me immediately.

We managed to keep our relationship on the down low. Until our one year anniversary came. That’s when it all started, something that we all hate in a relationship - drama. We were walking along the Han River, holding hands and smiling after a wonderful dinner he made himself, completely oblivious that a reporter followed and snapped photos of us.

By the next day, those images were publicized all over the web world. News that SHINee’s leader was having a secret relationship was on the very front page of every newspaper out there.  SHINee and I didn’t hear about the news until the manager called the both of us into the office, and telling us about the news.

Fans and reporters had already surrounded the whole entire SMent from the back and front, wanting to hear the official news from Jinki himself. Seeing my sullen expression, he reached out for my hand and gave it a tight squeeze as a sign of ‘everything will be alright.’ I squeezed his hand back, looking at him and giving him a tiny smile. He smiled back.

But a question kept lingering on my mind,

Is everything really going to be alright though?