Chapter 2

Meeting Fate By Being Late

Ever since the elevator incident, Jinki and I have grown awfully closer to each other to the point where the other SHINee members suspected that we’re secretly dating, which was absolutely not true, well… for the most part. Within the past year of him taking me out to dinner at restaurants I thought I’d never go to or us having a movie night at my house whenever he’s free, I’ve grown feelings for him.

It was a Sunday afternoon; I had just come out from the shower when my phone started ringing. Jogging over to my vanity table where I set my phone, I looked at the caller ID and smiled, ‘Chicken Boy<3’. Now you're probably thinking, chicken boy? Why would I call him that? Well, let’s just say Jinki loves, and when I mean by love, I meant he cherishes chicken as if it was his own life. Picking up the phone, I answered with a giggle, “Hi.” “Why are you giggling?” he asked. I bit my lips and smiled.

"Nothing. What’s up?”

There was silence on the phone before he said, “Haeri, want to meet up with me?” his voice suddenly sounded so serious with a hint of nervousness. I didn’t have any schedules so I replied, “Sure.” “Meet me at the park where we usually meet then?”

“Okay.”

I hung up my phone and stood there, contemplating on why he wanted to meet up with me.

I snapped back into reality and glanced at the clock on the wall, deciding it was time to get dressed.

-

I sat on the bench, smiling to myself as I watched parents and little kids playing on the playground. It reminded me of my childhood, where my mom and dad would take me out to the playground, and pushed me on the swings. A bitter chuckle slipped from my mouth as those memories came crashing in of when I was younger. “Hey,” a voice interrupted me from my thoughts.

“What are you thinking about?”

“You’re here,” I said, smiling vaguely. "I was just thinking about my parents, that’s all.”

Jinki knew all about my childhood. How it was once a fairytale like life, then how one atrocious night took that fairytale away, including my parents too. “Anyways, why did you call me out here for?” I asked, changing the subject.

He fiddled with his fingers with a long silence followed along. “I actually have something to tell you.” I furrowed my eyebrows in worrisome as countless amount of reasons came into my mind. Is he going to tell me not to meet him again? Perhaps even tell me not to set foot in SM’s compa-

“I like you.”

What?