Mystery (Kyungsoo/Kai)

EXO Drabbles

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t close to Kai at all, because Kai was a dancer, and Kyungsoo was a singer. They barely saw each other in the studio, much less talked.

 

Kai intrigued Kyungsoo. He had been a trainee for three years, and everyone respected him, but not a lot of people seemed to really know him, not even Suho.

 

Kyungsoo had always watched Kai from a distance. It felt safer to do than actually walk up and talk to him. Kai seemed like someone that would be hard to care about, with his blocked off emotions and cold attitude. Kyungsoo was scared to go near Kai, because Kai tended to be a bit bipolar.

But Kyungsoo couldn’t deny his feelings for Kai.

It didn’t take him long to realize that there was a reason he was so obsessed and interested in Kai. Kai was definitely handsome, but there was something about him that tugged at Kyungsoo’s heart. He noticed that Kai was always less sharp when Suho or someone else fussed over him, he actually managed a smile. But as soon as Suho or that someone else left, Kai would withdraw from the group and recede back into his shell. It didn’t really help that everyone was always crowding around Sehun, giving him food and pinching his cheeks. Kyungsoo had seen Kai’s furtive, jealous glances at the crowd around Sehun. He never mentioned them or brought them up to anyone, but he didn’t forget the disappointment that had been in Kai’s eyes.