Chapter 4

Into Your World

As if seeing Sehun's change in behaviour wasn't strange enough, Luhan realised a difference in Krystal sunbae too. She was looking from one dancer to another, as though monitoring their steps and making sure they were doing well. But when her eyes landed on Sehun, her expression seemed more tender and her smile was gentler. It seemed like Sehun was someone special to Krystal.

 

Like how she seemed special to Sehun too. Luhan felt a pull on his heartstrings.

 

However, there was also this tinge of sadness in her eyes, which sparked Luhan's curiosity.

 

Was something wrong?

 

Krystal noona had to leave before the dance crew was done with their practice due to an appointment she had. Sehun's slight frown as the girl waved goodbye did not escape Luhan's eyes, his head moving immediately to stare at the floor when Sehun's eyes flickered to him. He didn't want to see a glare being sent his way for gazing at the dancer. As their practice finally ended an hour after Krystal noona's departure, Kai had pulled both Sehun and Luhan along to order Luhan's school uniform sets and books after knowing the boy hadn't settled in properly yet. And being Kai, the tanned boy left them at the school bookstore to carry all the goods back to their dorm room as he complained about muscle aches. Sehun grumbled and cursed as they walked along the school's second level hallway, with Luhan tagging along behind like a lost puppy.

 

“Stupid, lazy chocolate-coloured Kim Jongin... What are you doing?” Sehun stopped his cursing when he realised Luhan wasn't walking by his side anymore. Looking back, he saw the angel standing as though rooted to the ground, his eyes trained on something inside one of the rooms. Sehun walked back towards the boy, and realised Luhan was actually looking into the music room. He was oogling at the grand piano. The piano that Sehun was playing when he met Luhan the first time.

 

Luhan walked into the room, no longer listening to Sehun's grumbles about wanting to go back and get a rest. After placing the bags he was carrying at the corner of the room, Luhan let his hand run over the cool black shiny surface of the piano, admiring the beauty of the instrument. His hand landed on the keys, and timidly, Luhan pressed down on one. The soothing sound of the note 'Rae' , as Sehun recognised, echoed throughout the room. Luhan seemed delighted and surprised. He ran over to Sehun and dragged him towards the piano as the boy groaned and complained about the heavy bags of books he was carrying. He settled Sehun down on the piano bench and looked at him expectantly. “Play the song you were playing just now in the afternoon!”

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow at the hyper active boy. “You mean 'Kiss The Rain' by Yiruma?” Luhan nodded his head vigorously, although Sehun was sure the angel did not even have the slightest clue of any piano pieces to be able to know if Sehun had named the correct one. Sehun shook his head, but was unable to refuse the boy's offer. He flexed his arms and fingers as he let his hands hover over the keys of the piano; and doing a mental countdown in his brain, his fingers went to work. The beautiful melody of Yiruma's piano piece filled the room, and Sehun could feel Luhan swaying slightly beside him. Sehun couldn't help but admit; this was kind of nice.

 

Luhan shook Sehun furiously after the boy had ended the song, begging him to teach him how to play that piano piece. Sehun whacked the angel on the head to make him stop, and resigned to the pleading doe-eyes boy's pleas. “I doubt you will be able to learn how to play the piano with both hands yet, so i will just teach you the notes played using the right hand, okay?” Luhan nodded his head happily, and finally listened obediently to Sehun's words about leaving the music room and heading back to their dorm.

 

Sehun had toppled onto his bed and fell asleep almost immediately when they finally returned back to their room. Luhan took the time alone to unpack his books and placed them on the bookshelf beside his study table, while checking that the dorm door was locked as he let his wings out. After making sure he had tidied up all his new belongings, Luhan looked over at his roommate who was still snoring away.

 

Some time to himself for now.

 

“Hnnnnggh...” Sehun scrunched up his face as he hears someone singing in the room. The voice was soft, angelic and just captivating. The words were incomprehensible to Sehun, although he thought it sounded like Chinese, but he couldn't care less. Rubbing his eyes, he focused his vision in his now dimly lit room at the bright light in front of him that was between his and Luhan's bed. Sehun held back a gasp as he witnessed the beautiful spectacle. The logical Sehun would have freaked out again because there was no way he could get used to this, but the scene in front of him was just too stunning that everything had just been disregarded at that moment.

 

Two white majestic wings acted like a shell around Luhan's body. The angel was floating, his feet only a few inches off the floor. His eyes were closed, while his arms were wrapped tightly around his own body. Luhan was singing. White glistening sparkles were radiating from his body, and floating across the room. Sehun tried to catch hold of a sparkle that was on the tip of his nose, only for it to disappear just as his hand was about to approach it.

 

Sehun was in a trance. For once, he had the time to look carefully at Luhan's features. The angel's face was flawless, his skin looked so soft and fair. He had pink pouty lips, an adorable nose, and his honey coloured hair only enhanced his innocent looks. Luhan truly had the looks of an angel.

 

The sparkles were all fading and Sehun could recognise that the song was coming to an end. The room gradually went back to pitch darkness. Luhan had slowly opened his eyes as he landed on the floor silently, the wings now outstretched and relaxed by his side. The angel seemed to have finally noticed Sehun, who was sitting upright on his bed and staring at him. His cheeks grew warm as he immediately shuffled his feet nervously, his wings disappearing almost instantly with a burst of light.

 

“Wow.” Luhan looked up, surprised at Sehun's choice of word. “What was that?”

 

Luhan sat down on his own bed opposite of Sehun, as he stared at the floor, replying with a hint of embarrassment, “We angels all have talents, and while exhibiting them, we tend to shine brighter than usual. I guess singing is my talent, although I am not that good y-”

 

“Your voice is beautiful.” Sehun cut off Luhan's words. The angel look up with wide eyes, his blush turning a deeper shade of red. “I- I mean, you sound nice.” Sehun struggled with his words.

 

Thank god the light were out and his face can't be seen clearly because Sehun swore he could feel himself heating up.

 

 

TBC....

 

 

A/N: *goes on knees.* i am so sorry for updating so late. but i am just such a procrastinator, and could only spend my days gushing over hunhan fanfics. i hope this chapter was satisfying. Hey, in case you don't know my style of writing, i love adding angst to my fics. So just be prepared in case you were expecting this fic to be just all fluffy and cute. DAENG! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!~~~ P.S my god, did you guys read REVOLUTION (hunhan fic)? i swear, that is just perfection. it makes my fic look like a stinky piece of poop. TOTALLY MESMERISED. gosh why can't i write fics like that.