Day 3

99 Days

 

 

(A/N) AGGGHHHH!!!! IM SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON!!! Mianhe for the really late update… I’ve been reading this amazing fanfic. I got ditracted and was really busy. It took me a long time to write this chapter… PLZ FOR GIVE ME >3<

 

 

EunMi (In Yun’s Body)

“So…this is Eli, I believe you’ve met him before. This is…”

I was spacing out while Soohyun was introducing me to everyone early in the morning. I knew half of them already so I don’t really care right now. What I do care about was what Alexander told me last night.

 

“Ummm, when are you gonna start planning how to save your life?” Alexander appeared suddenly, again, out of nowhere. It’s getting really annoying.

“I don't like it when you pop up like that ya know? And I’m not sure actually.” I haven’t really thought about a plan.

“Well you better earn some beads for your bracelet. You have 97 days left. 96 day by tomorrow.”

“What bracelet?”

“Wow, you didn’t even notice.” Alexander pulled my left wrist up and pulled down my sleeve to reveal a silver chain.

“So, when I get my first kiss, I’ll get a bead? And I need seven, right?”

“Yes. Now Sung EunMi, you better start pondering. Oh. And don’t break your beads when or IF you get them,” he said with a fake smile then disappeared.

“But how could I even break them?”

 

Ugh… Who does he think he is? A scheduler? More like a-

“Yun? Yun?! YAH!”

I snapped back to reality and before me was Soohyun, his face inches away from mine. The butterflies in my stomach went crazy.

“Ermm… sorry…”

“Were you even listening?” Soohyun asked backing up.

I shook my head slowly.

“Aish Yun. I guess you need to familiarize yourself with them sooner or later. We’re opening now. Get ready.”

 

~99~

 

Today was normal as ever, I bumped into Kiseop again and broke two glasses, WOOPS, met AJ, (the second chef), and got a tour of the kitchen.

It was around 6:00 p.m. when a familiar couple passed through the entrance.

Kibum and SoYoung.

Damn it. Out of all places, they pick here to have a dinner date?

“Yun! We’re all busy! Can you seat that couple over there?” Dongho yelled across the restaurant.

I nodded and hesitantly approached them.

Knots formed in my stomach and my mind went blank.

“Ummm…W-welcome t-to U-KISS Steak H-house. T-this w-way please.”

I couldn’t help stuttering and shaking. I couldn’t control myself.

I was mad but then again, I’m scared to death.

After I lead them to their seats, they immediately sat down and started to talk in a hushed manor.

What are they talking about?

I left them to serve my other customers but the shaking wouldn’t stop.

It was so bad, I broke a few more cups…

“Here’s your drinks…” I carefully placed two mugs of coffee on Kibum’s table but, failed.

I spilled a bit on my hand and burned myself.

“AISH…” I whispered and silently cussed.

“Are you okay?” SoYoung asked.

“Why do you care?” I said coldly and rushed to the kitchen.

What’s gotten into me? What happened back there? I wasn’t myself…

“Yah, Eli. Do you have any burn medicines?” I the sink water and ran my hand into the cold water.

 

Eli

Aish, Yun’s so clumsy today. She already broke about a dozen glasses and now she burned herself. But for some reason…

I find it cute.

“Here, I got it.” I went over to her with the medicine and Q-tip ready.

“Oww…ow…oww…OWWW, YAH! ELI!” she slapped me lightly with her free hand but I grabbed her wrist before she struck again.

“Ummm…Eli?”

I suddenly realized we stayed like that for a while and awkwardly let go.

“Mianhe, I’m done.”

“Kamsahamnida…” then she left with such grace.

What am I thinking? Ugh. Focus Eli. Focus on your work.

 

Kibum

“Oppa, we need to finish this up,” SoYoung begged.

“SoYoung, we’re in public.”

“I don’t care.” She’s so stubborn some times.

“We have time. Stop worrying. Let’s call Soohyun; he’s the real reason why we’re here.”

 I was about to leave when our waiter came out of nowhere.

“Uhh…ummm…” For some reason, she was shaking like crazy.

“We would like to see Soohyun, it’s for business,” I said calmly. She was still shaking.

“I-I’ll c-call him f-for you.” Then the waitress ran out of sight.

“There’s something wrong with her.”

I sat down again, “I’ve never seen her work here before, maybe a new part timer. She’s just nervous, I guess.”

“Sure.”

 

~99~

 

“Ahhh, Hyung.” I called him as he gave me a welcoming hug.

“It’s been a long time, hi, Soyoung. How’s EunMi? I heard you two are finally getting married,” he asked me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Soyoung shifting away uncomfortably.

“We’ll, you see… EunMi…got in to an accident.”

“WHAT?! HOW COME YOU DIDN’T TELL ME EARLIER?!” his arms were flailing all over the place.

“I didn’t have the time. Anyway, that’s not the reason why I’m here.” I took a seat in front of Soohyun’s desk.

“Hyung, can you finish up your design a bit quicker?”

His hand reached up to his neck and shyly rubbed the back of it.

“Ummm, I’ve been sorta busy with all the paperwork for ‘U-KISS Steak House’ so I sent the rough draft to my dongsaeng over in America. He actually owns this shop. He’s really talented in this kind of stuff.”

“Hyung! I trusted you! And now you give your work to a complete stranger?”

“He’s not a complete stranger. He was my best friend in high school and I trust him. You don’t need to worry. He’s actually returning to Korea this week.”

“Aish…you should’ve told me.” I rubbed my temples.

“Soohyun, we really need that done,” SoYoung finally spoke up, “It’s very important and we need to start-"

“SoYoung.” I swiftly raised up my hand to silent her.

"Okay...So, all I know is that he'll be visiting-"

“HYUNG!!!” What was that?

 

EunMi (In Yun’s Body)

What? Why do they need the design now? My dad doesn’t need it till we actually bought the land to build it on. Unless…Kibum already bought it…

Aish I’m so confused…

“Yah…Whatcha doing on the floor eavesdropping on hyung and his buddy?”

“Huh?” I turned around and was surprised to be face to face with…um…

“Hoon?” I guessed.

“Nice to meet you Yun. You didn’t answer my question before.”

“Umm…I need to ask Soohyun if I could leave earlier today. Uhhh…family stuff, and other stuff…”

“Sure, I’ll called him,” he said with a small smile.

“Uhh…” I was still on the floor.

He stood up and quickly knocked twice.

“HYUNG!!!”

We waited for an answer.

“Come in.”

Hoon helped me up and both of us went in together.

I glared at Kibum and my so-called-best-friend, and approached Soohyun’s desk.

“She wants to ask you something.”

“Uhh…I just need to go home a little earlier today…family related stuff…”

“I understand…but in one condition: you’re helping on clean up day.”

“I’ll come, don’t worry.”

“Excuse me, but can you leave now? We’re discussing important matters.” Kibum spoke up.

Can I slap you?

“Bye, Soohyun Oppa, Hoon Oppa.”

Then I left for the hospital leaving behind my apron.

 

~99~

 

Here I am, in the hospital, looking at my lifeless body from the room’s window.

Just looking at my parents breaks my heart.

“Appa… Umma…” I just love them so much…I couldn’t help but cry…

“Don’t worry…your EunMi will be back…I promise…”

I left them, I can’t watch them when I’m borrowing Yun’s body. I’ll just come back later…

 

~99~

 

Narrator

EunMi has returned to Yun’s small apartment and it was all ready 7:00 p.m. EunMi decided to return the body a bit earlier than usual.

She was a normal soul again.

“Unni, I’m going to the hospital to meet my parents. You could go ahead to work. I’ll be waiting for you when you get back.”

Then EunMi left to see her parents, and her near dead body.

 

~99~

 

“Appa, you shouldn’t trust Kibum. He’s a bad person. I thought he loved me…but he has a special affair with SoYoung. Don’t trust him.”

EunMi was kneeling next to her father and rested her hand two centimeters above from her dad’s.

“I saw them today. They were eating lunch together. I wasn’t even worrying about me.”

She stood up and faced her sleeping father.

“I don’t think he has ever thought or worried about me.”

Wet streaks marked her face.

“He’s doing things behind your back. I don’t know what, but I will find out soon enough.”

EunMi tried to give her Appa a hug, but she knew she couldn’t.

“Saranghae Appa.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Wahhh~

I’m still a horrible person…

You guys deserve more…

I’ll update tomorrow! I promise ^^

Oh, and one more thing:

Is AFF not let stories go back up to the top on the browsing list when you update it, or is it just me?

I wuv you~ ♥