Day 2

99 Days

 

 

Narrator

It’s really late at night. Passed midnight actually. Yun woke up and already headed to work. EunMi on the other hand, is trapped in Yun’s small apartment.

“Why don’t I feel tired? Aish… there’s nothing to do here. I can’t even leave and see Umma and Appa… I miss them. I want to go to the hospital.”

She walked around the room thinking deeply about what she did wrong in life to deserve this.

“Was it when I stole So Young’s dumpling? No. I gave it back. When I accidentally broke a glass bird? No. I paid for it. Aish...”

 

~99~

Yun

I should have died, life is just completely horrible. I hate this job. I want to be with him again. I miss him so much.

While I was pondering about my problems, a customer walked in.

I stood up and welcomed her.

This is going to be a long night. Just like the others.

 

~99~

 

Narrator

EunMi is once again in Yun’s body. It was already 7:30 a.m. so she had to hurry.

“Yun…why don’t you have nice clothes?”

EunMi looked around the whole house looking for something to wear other than rags. While looking through all that chaos, she tripped over a big box in the corner of the apartment. It opened and EunMi looked inside.

“OMO! I guess Yun does have things that a woman should have,” she said with a small laugh.

The box had all the essentials you would need for your hair, dresses, skirts, blazers, heels, flats, and make-up.

EunMi quickly picked out and appropriate dress with a brown cardigan to match. She looked at the clock again a realized she’s going to be a little late.

“8:04? No!” Eun made a dash for it and didn’t stop until she reached to restaurant.

 

~99~

 

EunMi (In Yun’s Body)

“SORRY I’M LATE!”

*pant

I was so tired. Hope Soohyun won’t yell at me.

“Yun…” Dongho said while placing his finger on his lips.

I looked at Dongho and gave him a weak smile. But then I realized everyone was looking at me. WOOPS.

“Mianhe.” I bowed politely and left to see Soohyun. “This isn’t going too well.”

I walked to his office and was showered with questions and long lectures.

“Sorry Soohyun…”

“Yun, it’s your first day, at least show up in time. I wanted to introduce you with our staff." I slowly nodded.

"I guess you need to meet them yourself.”

“Sooo…for my first day… What’s my job?”

“Waitress, there’s three chefs and two waiters. If you help out, there are four waiters.”

“Good.”

 “I have one more question Yun. Do you have any experience in this?”

“Not really but I know what to do. Always smile when you’re with customers, after seating them, ask for refreshments, wait a while, take their order, give it to the chef, wait, get the food, and give it to the customer.” Soohyun smiled with satisfaction.

 

I was just walking around the room in the middle of the night when Alexander popped out of nowhere. “So I see you picked to work in a restaurant.”

“Yeah. Good right.”

He took out his phone and looked at something. I don’t know what though.

“Hmmm, in your profile, it doesn’t say anything about you having experience in being a waitress. So, that’s a bad idea to work as one.”

“Aish…I wasn’t thinking.”

“Just like you weren’t thinking when you killed yourself.” He said poking my forehead.

“Oww…Don’t talk about that.” I said rubbing my head. “Can you help me then? I don’t want to lose this job…”

“Don’t you remember what I told you yesterday? A SCHEDULER DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH HUMAN AFFAIRS.”

“But don’t know what to do…”

“Find a new job. I honestly don’t care.”

“Alexander…” I begged.

“Always smile when you’re with customers, after seating them, ask for refreshments, wait a while, take their order, give it to the chef, wait, get the food, and give it to the customer…”

 

Thanks Alexander…

That’s good enough for me. If you need help, feel free to ask us.”

“I will.”

“Oh, and here’s your apron.” He handed me a black one and I tied it around my waist.

“Thanks Soohyun…Oppa?”

“Welcome. Make sure to come early tomorrow.”

“I will.”

Then I left to seat my first customers.  

I took their orders and went to the kitchen. I wasn’t sure who to give it to so I handed it to one of the chefs.

“You put that over there.  How many times do I need to tell you Kiseop?!”

“Uhhh… who’s Kiseop?”

He turned off the stove and looked up at me. His face softened and took my piece of paper.

“You must be the new part timer. I’m Eli, one of the chefs.”

“I’m Yun…”

“Sorry for scaring you.”

I just nodded.

“So, when you get the orders,” he walked to the opening in the wall connecting the kitchen to the restaurant, “you would put it here.” He pointed at a bored covered with orders. “Then ring this bell. Got it?”

Again, I nodded.

He put my order on the board in the column labeled “#7”.

“I get it…” and then left to find a new customer.

 

~99~

 

Today went well too. I met Eli then bumped into Kiseop. He was really nice.

 

“Ooommff…”

Owww my .

“Mianhe, didn’t see you there. Are you the new worker? I’m Kiseop, a waiter.”

“Yeah, I’m Yun.”

“Nice to meet you finally.”

 

~99~

 

Narrator

In Seoul’s Airport, a stranger stepped out of the plane with his carry-on’s and left to find the rest of his luggage.

He walked out of the airport and stared out to the skyline.

“I will find you and we’ll be together finally. I’ll find you EunMi…and…we’ll be together.”

He smiled and left…

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong ~

My lovely readers. :3

Who do you think the “stranger” is?

I messed up in my first chapter so I took some stuff out.

WOOPS.

Might be surprising.

Probably not…