WHATEVER YOU WANT

I’M IN AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE WITH DONGHAE AND I AM JONGHYUN’S SISTER AND HIMCHAN LOVES ME AND TOP IS A VAMPIRE WHO WANTS MY SWEET NECTAR BLOOD AND REN IS PART OF A GANG THAT KIDNAPS ME BECAUSE HE WANTS TO KEEP ME AS HIS WOMAN SLAVE AND ON TOP OF IT ALL I A

You found yourself wandering around the halls cluelessly between 6th and 7th period, wondering where your chemistry class was. When did this school become so confusing to navigate? How difficult could it be to find room 117? Look, here is 115, and right next to it is 116, but when you walked further down the hall, there was just 118. Why was there no 117?! Will you ever make it to your chemistry class on time? Who will save you from this fate of constantly wandering these corridors, never to find where you belong between 1:24 and 2:22?

 

You felt a light tap on your shoulder, and you turned around to see a pretty girl smiling at you.

 

“I’m sorry, but you look a little lost,” she said.

 

“Yeah,” you sighed, scratching the back of your head. “I just can’t seem to find my chemistry class anywhere.”

 

“Oh, you might be in my next class then,” she said. “Which room?” You showed her your schedule. “You are!” She took your arm and pulled you around a corner that you hadn’t noticed before and into the elusive room numbered 117. “I’m Sunny by the way,” she said, placing you into a desk and then taking the one next to it.

 

“Mary Sue,” you replied, heaving a sigh of relief at finally finding your place in the universe, which was in this desk in this classroom at this moment. You looked around the room then to see who else’s place in the universe also happened to be in this classroom at this moment, and were a little bit startled to see Himchan sitting against the far wall. You could’ve sworn he was staring at you, but then you were kind of far away from him, and he was just sort of vaguely gazing in your direction. He could be looking at anybody.

 

“Oh my gosh,” you heard Sunny whisper next to you. You glanced at her to notice that she was also looking in the direction of Himchan and blushing profusely.

 

“What is it?” you asked. “Do you like him?”

 

“L-like him?” She turned to you surprised. Then her face took on a slightly defeated look. “Is it that obvious?”

 

“Well,” you started. “Yeah… yeah, it really is.”

 

“Oh,” she sighed. “He probably doesn’t even know I exist.” She placed her face in her hands.

 

“Oh,” you let out, trying to console her. You reached out, intending to maybe rub her back in a comforting and friendly manner, but then you remembered that you barely even know this chick, and decided that this gesture would be too awkward, so you kept your hands to yourself. Instead, you consoled her verbally. “I’m sure he knows you exist.”

 

“Then he probably thinks I’m the weirdest girl on the planet!” She sunk down in her chair.

 

“N-no-o,” you said awkwardly. “You’re not weird.”

 

“Yes I am,” she whispered into her hands.

 

You tried to think of something to cheer her up. How did you find yourself in such an awkward situation as this one? “I think…” you squeaked, then cleared your throat before starting again. “I think you are very pretty,” you stated confidently.

 

This seemed to work, because she looked up at you from her hands. “You do?”

 

“Of course I do,” you assured her.

 

She smiled. “Thanks, Mary Sue. You’re the nicest person I’ve ever met.”

 

You smiled back at her, supposing that you were now friends, and that you could converse freely with her about … whatever friends talk about. You supposed boys would be a good subject. Also you were still curious about Himchan, so you asked Sunny, “What is it exactly that you like about him?”

 

She beamed a little bit at the question. “Well,” she started. “He’s really sweet, the nicest guy I’ve ever met.”

 

You looked back at Himchan. The smirk plastered on his face didn’t exactly say “nice guy” to you. “Somehow, I find that hard to believe,” you muttered.

 

“Really?” she asked surprised. “But he is! He’s genuine, and kind, and—“

 

“Himchan? Genuine and kind?”

 

“Himchan?” She gave you a confused look.

 

Suddenly the teacher came in and began the class. You wondered for a moment what had been taking him so long. After all, you had spent so much time wandering around the halls, and now talking to Sunny, it really seemed like class should have started a few minutes ago. But you shrug it off, sure that your time was better spent developing character relationships anyway.

 

The teacher began his lesson and started giving you a bunch of irrelevant information that really doesn’t matter in the scheme of things, so you basically tuned him out until you heard him say something interesting. Namely, that you would get into groups of four and do a lab that would somehow demonstrate what he was just talking about just now. Sunny pulled you to one of the lab stations in the back of the classroom, and you wondered who the other two in your group would be. But you didn’t wonder for long, because Himchan and a guy who you realized was the guy sitting next to Himchan earlier both sidled up to your group.

 

Sunny suddenly started blushing again, which made you curious. You realized that it wasn’t Himchan that she had a crush on, which meant that she must have liked that other guy who was sitting right next to Himchan before, whom you totally hadn’t noticed at all until now because he was right in front of you and Sunny was reacting to his presence. Clearly there was some sort of chemistry there.

 

Your attention was taken away from those two and brought to Himchan when he started talking to you.

 

“I never did get to introduce myself when I ran into you earlier,” he said, a smirk playing on his lips. “My name is—“

 

“Himchan,” you stated for him. “I know.”

 

A glint appeared in his eyes. “See, that puts me at a disadvantage now,” he said. “You know my name, but I know absolutely nothing about you.”

 

“You know my name,” you countered. “So I’d say that puts us on even ground, unless you forgot it already.”

 

He merely smirked in response and began the lab without any more words.

 

You tried to concentrate on the lab, but you had no idea what you were even doing. Unfortunately, you couldn’t just rely on everyone else because Sunny was focusing all of her attention on the guy who was sitting next to Himchan and he was going right along with it. Stop your canoodling and help, you thought in frustration as Himchan the burner beneath the beaker.

 

Asking what you were supposed to be doing was out of the question. Himchan clearly knew what he was doing and was also the only one working, and you didn’t want to look like a total slacker on your first day. Bad first impression! But you couldn’t just let Himchan do all the work. How rude would that be?

 

You glanced over at Sunny in hopes of discreetly asking her what you were doing, but she was quite occupied with batting her eyelashes at that dude and grinning like a Cheshire cat and you didn’t want to interrupt. So to look like you were doing something, you stuck a thermometer into the beaker and pretended to read it like you understood what this whole lab was about.

 

Himchan watched you with a slightly amused expression as he added some salt chemical to the mix. As he did this, you stirred it so the salt might dissolve faster. His expression changed and he reached out to stop you, but then the beaker shattered and the solution spilled all over Himchan’s arm!

 

Your hands flew to your mouth in surprise and embarrassment, and Sunny finally pulled her attention away from the guy she had a crush on to stare with concern at the situation. Himchan was shaking his arm and a dark smoke was emanating from it, and when he finally managed to stick his arm under a stream of hot water, you realized that his forearm was bare. The solution had completely dissolved his stylish leather jacket! You hoped it hadn’t been expensive!

 

“Sorry!” you finally blurted out. “Sorry sorry sorry sorry!”

 

“Naega naega naega meonjeo nege nege nege ppajyeo ppajyeo ppajyeo beoryeo baby,” muttered the other guy who was in your lab group, to your bemusement. Sunny smiled and giggled at him.

 

Himchan shot you an incredulous look as he held out his arm, displaying the destroyed leather sleeve. “This was expensive,” he stated simply.

 

You felt terrible! “If there’s anything I can do to repay you,” you offered.

 

He thought for a second. “Well, actually…there is one thing you could do.”

 

“Whatever you want!” you said against your better judgment. You wanted to make it up to him.

 

He grinned. “I heard CL has been giving you grief about me,” he said.

 

You were puzzled at this seemingly irrelevant statement. “Yeah, she said to stay away from you. So what? She doesn’t own you.”

 

“I know,” he replied. “I keep telling her that, but she can’t seem to take the hint. Maybe you can help me get rid of her,” he suggested. “She hangs around me way too much.”

 

“How do you expect me to do that?” you asked. After all, CL was at the top of the high school social food chain, and who ever heard of the new girl changing the status quo?

 

The corner of Himchan’s mouth turned up in a half smile. “Pretend to be my girlfriend,” he said.

 

“What?!”

 

 

Something to say to the few people who thought the title predicted the entire plot--don't be fooled! I promise there will be even more crazy and stupid and awkward that you wouldn't have thought of before the entirety of the title has come true.