Chapter Seven [Ghost Stories & Waking Up]

A Break With Super Junior

Chapter Seven

‘Please go to sleep I beg of you’ I pleaded.

Heechul: ‘Let’s tell ghost stories to spook each other out’

He went to close the lights to my bedrooms, switched on my bedside lights and took out a torch, where did he get that from? As usual I will be the last to know.

Siwon: ‘There are no such things as ghost!’

Anyway everyone cuddled up together Heechul was sat on Hangeng’s lap, Kangin was playing with Leeteuk’s hair, Sungmin & Kyuhyun was snuggled up next to me and the others were just leaning and sitting next to each other still on my very cramped bed. Heechul began his story:

‘There was once a poor girl in a disease ridden village which was abandon in a haunted forest…’

Sungmin interrupts him:’ Does this have anything to do with animal cruelty?’ he asked.

Heechul ignores him and carries on ‘She was the first person in the village to have caught the unknown illness which makes a person appears dead…’

Again Heechul was interrupted but this time by Donghae.

Donghae: ‘How come the girl doesn’t go to see a doctor, they might find a cure for it and she might be able to get treatment for it’

Heechul [extremely annoyed]:’ because the Doctors is too far away so her parents can’t take her there’

Eunhyuk: ‘How far away is it?

Heechul [More and more annoyed by the minute]: ‘If she was to go doctors she would have to take 3 buses and change stops frequently and its really troublesome as her house is so far from civilisation’.

Kangin:’ Why doesn’t she move house then so it’s easier for her to travel daily’

Heechul gives up on his story.

Kangin decides to tell his story now, and it was very scary even though I didn’t catch most of it and it didn’t make sense sometimes but it had something to do with a dark abandon house and it’s scary neighbours and the people or things that live in it. What made it scarier was Kangin adding sound effects to the story.

Kangin: ‘…And the boy slowly edged the creaky wooden & blood stained door open, he could feel his heart banging violently against his chest and heavy breathing as he felt a tickle sensation on his neck he turned around and…’

He was interrupted by the super juniors looking at my balcony as they gasped, it was only the wind blowing the curtains open, but somehow it was turning into Kangin’s story, my door creaked opened on its own, again everyone jumped and gasped, Sungmin buried his head into Kyuhyun and they all moved in on me so that I was squashed against my headboard by 13 boys, they all delved under my duvet, this is ridiculous there’s no such thing as gho…, I was about to finish off my sentence when my lamp started flickering.

Heechul: ‘Kangin this is your entire fault with your rubbish about abandoned houses and lost dogs barking at night…’ Heechul’s voice trailed off when a dog barked.

This was not right I gathered all my courage and got off my bed to switch on the lights, as I did so 13 bums were stuck up from under my duvet. I grabbed a pillow and whacked them all.

‘The door opened and the curtains moved because of the wind, I pointed, as for the flickering lamp that is because its battery needed changing and I changed it quickly, as for a dog barking that was crash and I opened the door for the golden retriever to come in, he greeted the super juniors by jumping up at them!

‘OH Right!’ was all super junior said. I looked at the clock it was 3:46 in the night and we are still not in bed. ‘So is everyone going to go bed now’ I asked

Sungmin:’ Please can we sleep in your room?’ he asked and then pouted how can I resist that look? I sighed and allowed them to sleep in my room, I was expecting a lot of talking and mumbling but surprisingly one by one each person dropped to sleep they must have tired themselves out. Some had fallen asleep on the carpet and on the big rug and others on my bed. I went around with covers pillows and duvets and laid them on the boys, I carefully laid a pillow under Yesung’s head, and placed a cushion next to Eunhyuk who was snoring quietly, and then I placed a cover gently on the cute sleeping Sungmin who was lying on his rabbit with the rabbit foot on Kyuhyun’s head, so it looked like the rabbit was kicking Kyuhyun.

Heechul had his head on Hangeng’s chest, Kibum and Donghae was both sleeping upside down with Siwon In the middle of them both and he was sleeping the right way. Leeteuk was on his sides and Kangin had his arms and legs spread wide so it looked like he was attempting to make a snow angel but then fell asleep. Relived that they were all peacefully asleep I switched off the light and carefully climbed into my bed careful not to trip over or stand on anyone, I pulled the duvet over me who had Sungmin and Kyuhyun to my right and Hangeng and Heechul to my left, finally Shindong at my feet which were at the bottom of the bed. Slowly I drifted off asleep.

Morning 7:30

I woke up with a start from a dream which involved me being dragged to one of Super junior’s performances and all of a sudden I was shoved on stage to do an encore with them, not looking at where I was stepping I fell off the stage and had to carried off on a stretcher into an ambulance.

I quietly climbed over Heechul and Hangeng and nearly tripped off Yesung while trying not to stand on Ryeowook’s hands. I didn’t want to wake them up yet, so I quietly made my way into the bathroom, wash and got changed, then went downstairs to find Maria the house keeper making breakfast.

Maria: Morning, late night last night?

‘Yeah please can you make 14 times more breakfast than you normally would, for today?’ I asked.

Maria:’ Super Junior again?’

‘How did you know?’

Maria:’ the state of the living room was a give a way sign and the fact that there are 13 people in Super Junior plus yourself makes 14’ she winked.

I had a casual conversation with her about how her grandsons were and then I went up armed with weapons [Pillows, bacon, lipstick & an alarm clock] and stepped into my room, just as I had guessed no one was up yet, the room was filled with faint snoring.

I choose my first victim, Eunhyuk and tried the gentle method.

‘Eunhyuk wake up time, it’s a bright and early morning’ he turned around on his side and grunted but carried on sleeping. I took a pillow and whacked it over his head and he sat up like a startled cat his hair stuck out on ends. Next to him Donghae was still sleeping, I tickled his cheeks with a teddy’s paw he giggled and squirmed I then tickled his tummy and caressed his neck, he woke up laughing.

Then I moved over to where Kibum was sleeping, I leaned over and ruffled his hair he gently opened his eyes and flashed his million dollar smile at me, I couldn’t resist smiling back. At least he was nice and easy to get up.

Next I took the freshly made bacon which was on a plate and wafted it under Shindong’s nose, he opened his eyes and tried to grab the bacon, but I moved it just in time and told him to get dressed and ready.

Now I moved onto Yesung, he had his leg on top of Ryeowook’s tummy and his arms across Siwon’s tummy. I placed the alarm clock right next to Yesung’s ears and Ryeowook’s ear then set the time and soon the clock jumped into life and started playing that annoying tune that irritates the hell out of everyone, it took a while for both of them to wake up, when Yesung tried to go back to sleep I grabbed his pillow so that his head banged on the ground instead.

As for Siwon I started singing my hymns into his ears: ‘Father we adore you, lay our lives before you, how we love you…’ Siwon opened his eyes and finished off my song.

I walked over to where Leeteuk was and shouted:’ GOOD MORNING Captain WE WILL SET SAIL IN 10 MINUTES!!’ He didn’t even stir one bit, so I took the lipstick and started using it to apply it on his rosebud lips he woke up and quickly started wiping his lips.

I didn’t bother with Kangin because I know he isn’t going to wake up without a fight so I moved onto to the bed, Kyuhyun the cyber boy was quietly snoring. I shook him and told him to wake up, he pushed me away and turned his whole body facing down so that his face was also facing down, I took this chance to lay on his back, to which he [still sleeping] got up in natural attempt to get whatever he thought it was off his back, and again quick as lightning I crawled into the space that he left so that when he lowered his body back down he was in fact laying on me and his face was facing mine. He noticed there was someone beneath him and slowly opened his eyes, I smiled:’ Morning Darling’ he jumped off me startled.

Kyuhyun: ‘Nothing happened between us last night right?’ he asked panicking.

‘Whatever you decide to believe game Kyu’ I smiled slyly and sent him off to get sorted.

Now for Sungmin, he was easier, but he looked so cute and peaceful it would be a sin to wake him up, but it had to be done, I took his Kyumin [the rabbit] away from him and still half asleep he tried to grab on to it, I pulled it even more and he tugged harder, until he opened his eyes fully and realised his rabbit was gone, at least that woke him up.

I only had Heechul, Hangeng & Kangin left, for Heechul I took out a brush and hairspray and started brushing his hair into a side parting then sprayed it into place, I nudged him and handed him a mirror.

He screamed at his image reflected in the mirror.

Heechul:’ Holy Shi…’

I stopped him ‘No swearing please’ and he ran to the bathroom. Hangeng woke up from Heechul’s scream and he looked at me confused ‘Yeah I gave him a new hairstyle a side parting’ and Hangeng laughed his head off before going to find Heechul.

As for Kangin I shook him with all the strength I had but he didn’t even flicker his eye open once.

Yesung: ‘You will never get him up without missing a part of your body’

I sat on his back, still no reaction, I signal for the others, who were still half asleep to join me, we all piled onto Kangin yet he didn’t flinch once.

‘FIRE EVERYBODY GET OUT!! OR WE ARE GOING TO BURN TO DEATH’ He to his side, covered his head with his pillow and carried on sleeping.’ Try this’ Heechul handed me some water that he got from the bathroom, what was I supposed to do with it pour it on him? Heechul nodded, I was about to pour it on Kangin when everyone backed off and stood near the door.

Leeteuk:’ This is going to get messy’ he says.

The icy cold water landed on Kangin’s face he shot up his face was very angry looking ‘Touch me and your dead’ I warned him. He understood this full well, so instead he ran towards the nearest person he could get his hands on which happens to be Eunhyuk, he sat on Eunhyuk and all the members ran to save him.

It was another 30minutes before all of Super Junior was ready even though there were 5 bathrooms in the house there was still fighting and squabbling over who gets to go first. Super Junior all came down and joined me in the dining room.

There were all awake even Kangin when they saw the delicacies on the table awaiting them, after a slap up breakfast, we all gathered in the lounge the sun was blazing down outside as a warning for going outside. It was so hot and humid today the air conditioning was on full blast, everyone looked tired as they slumped down on the sofas and beanbags, there was nothing to do, so Kangin decided that we should play truth or dare.