Or be a Zombie??

Genius Heartbreaker

 

Kei’s P.O.V.

 

 “Nande?!?” I asked. “Is anything wrong?”

 

 “You’re tired of me already, right?” she said. “So let’s breakup.”

 

 “What?” I tilted my head. “I told you I was serious.”

 

 “You tell every girl that you’re serious. You FAKE everyone. PLAY with everyone. HURT everyone.” She said, and with that, she took off, leaving me dumbfounded inside the classroom.

 

 What’s up with her? Why all of a sudden?

 

--

 

 “Aina!” I yelled to call her attention while she was walking. No reply. I yelled even louder. “AINA!!!”

 

 Still no answer. I ran to her so that I could catch up with her fast walking. “Please… just tell me why.” I asked, almost begging.

 

 “You’re tired of me.” She replied with her head lowered as she was still walking in a fast pace.

 

 “No I’m not”

 

 She stopped walking. “Oh, so you’re not tired and you wanted this to continue?” she asked and I nodded. “Sorry mister, but I’m not a toy.”

 

 “I didn’t mean that!” I protested. “Aina I was really serious about you!”

 

 “WAS.” She emphasized.

 

 “Okay, I AM serious!”

 

 She began to walk again. I followed again.

 

 When I caught up with her, I held her hand…and she jerked it away. Rudely. “STOP IT! You’re annoying!” she yelled at me with those red eyes. “I heard your conversation with Yuya earlier so PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU, stop playing with me already!”

 

 “Eh?!?”

 

 “Please don’t act all innocent, Kei! I know that you were just playing so please let’s end this already! I’m ending it already.” She said then she ran away.

 

 I on the other hand was dumbfounded again. Strike two.

 

 So she heard my conversation with Yuya… but why would she breakup with me? Obviously, she didn’t finish listening to the conversation.

 

 She got everything wrong. I fished my phone out of my pocket and called Yuya.

 

 “Nande?” he answered.

 

 “She broke up with me because she heard you.” I said.

 

 “What?!?” he shouted, making my eardrums want to come out. “Didn’t she hear what YOU said??”

 

 “Apparently, she didn’t.” I sighed. “Any advice?”

 

 “Go to her house. Baka. I thought you were a genius. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some video game to attend to.” He hung up.

 

 Yes, Kei. Why haven’t you thought of going to her house?? Mika really likes you, right? So she must be on your side.

 

 And with that thought kept in my mind, I headed to Aina’s house.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 *ding~dong* I pressed the doorbell for the nth time, still no answer.

 

 “Aina-chan, I know you’re there! Please come out!” I shouted. This time the door opened.

 

 When the door opened, what I saw was a cross-armed Mika with a -you-I-will-kill-you-I-swear-I-will look on her face. For a six year old little girl, she looked threatening. Almost frightening.

 

 “Aina-chan wa?” I asked with a shaky voice.

 

 “HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO MY EVER-SO LOVELY ONEE-CHAN, YOU PUTRID COLOSSAL JERK!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU’VE HURT HER??!?” she yelled.

 

 I looked over to the inside of the house and saw Aina sitting on the couch, her face buried in a pillow. Then Aina looked up. “Go away.” She said weakly.

 

 Before I could say anything, Mika spoke again, this time, to her sister.

 

 “Onee-chan, please go upstairs.” She said kindly. “Don’t worry, I won’t kill him.” She cracked her knuckles. “Just beat the crap out of him.”

 

 Surprisingly, her onee-chan obeyed and went upstairs.

 

 Mika stepped towards me and then closed the door. I gulped.

 

 Suddenly, the threatening look on her face vanished.

 

 “Onii-chan, how can you do this to Onee-chan?” she asked. “She’s been crying all long.”

 

 I sighed a long frustrated one and then I told her about what had happened. What REALLY happened.

 

 “So you really love her?” Mika tilted her head and I nodded. “I believe you, Onii-chan.”

 

 “So can you help me in making up to her?” I asked.

 

 “Not now, I guess…” she said but then almost immediately she smiled.

 

 “What?”

 

 “You can be a vampire!”

 

 “HA?”

 

 “Or be a zombie!”

 

 “Please be clear.”

 

 “I saw it in her diary in the past, everything she likes and dislikes are there. Including what a person can do to make it up to her!” she frowned again. “But her diary is lost now…”

 

 I quickly hugged her tightly and said my thanks.

 

 “Arigatou na, Mika-chan! Jyaaa!!!” I shouted as I ran to my house, I bright light bulb floating above my head.

 

                                    >>CHAPTER END<<