Family

It Took Three Words

“So? Did you have fun with them?” In Young asked me as we were in the car sitting outside of her house.

The car was off and the house in front was still as Kai was sleeping over at a Luhan’s place while In Young’s parents were already asleep. I turned a bit in my seat to better face her as she too looked at me with a smile. I took her hand and nodded my head as I kissed her fingers, “I had fun.”

I continued to kiss her hand when she moved it a bit so she could cup my cheek. We just looked at each other for a few more seconds when she smiled at me and let go of my face when I immediately took her hand back and pulled her to me as I cupped her neck and leaned to the side to kiss her lips. She responded almost immediately as she hugged my neck and pulled me to her as she was the first to bite my lip and pull a bit when I pulled back a bit chuckling as she pouted at my release. I her cheek and whispered, “Good night, In Young.”

“Bye, Kyungsoo.” She sighed as she opened the door and got out. Shewaved to me as she got to the front door and I pulled out of her driveway on my way to my house.

~ 

In Young and I sat together in her living room staring at our letters.

“Well? Aren’t you two going to open them?” Kai asked as him and the rest of the guys and girls sat across from the table staring at us waiting to open the letters.

I looked to In Young as she too turned to me when she bit her lip, “Together?”

I picked up my letter and nodded, “Together.”

“Open up the damn letters already!” Kris called out when Jieun punched his arm.

My heart was racing out of my chest as I ran my fingers under the flap of the letter as I heard In Young doing the same. The seal was opened and the letter flashed itself over the envelope when I shakily took it out.

Slowly, I flipped the letter over and read over the contents in silence:

Dear Do Kyungsoo,

Congratulations! You have been accepted…

The rest didn’t matter to me when I happily turned to In Young as she too beamed with joy, “I got in!” We said in unison when we the rest of the guys started to cheer as well.

I hugged her when she whispered, “I told you things happen for a reason.”

I pulled from her and looked at her as she smiled at me. I kissed her softly when our friends started to whistle at us, “Get some!” Kai hollered when HanEul slapped the younger’s head, “And you wonder why no girl likes you?”

Kai rubbed his head as Suho pulled his girl to his side and kissed her temple before clapping his hands together, “Kaja! Let’s celebrate!”

All of us made our way to a nearby restaurant when a group of guys that sat near the window caught my attention. I stopped in my tracks and looked at the guys as they laughed with each other as Kai noticed I stopped and placed a hand on my shoulder, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“It’s those guys again.” I hissed through gritted teeth as Kai turned to see who I was talking about.

“Those s again.” He too tensed up when Min saw us lagging in the back, “Boys, come on!”

Kai slung his arm around my shoulders and we both said nothing as we followed the rest of them.

The group of guys sat near the door and as we walked in one of them noticed the two of us, “Wah!! It’s Kyungsoo shi and his little bodyguard.”

Kai and I both turned to face the rowdy group of guys as the oldest one stood up to size himself up with me and Kai. He was the same height as Kai but his body was twice as big as Kai’s and mine combined.

“I thought you went and killed yourself?” He taunted when Kai pushed him, “Don’t think that’s something funny or something you need to be talking about, buddy.”

The guy straightened out his jacket and his friends stood up as well to back him up, “Why not?”

Kai stepped forward again when I held him back as the other guy chuckled, “You can’t even protect yourself, why are you protecting him?”

The guy and his group moved forward on us at an unfair advantage of two against five when Kris stepped forward along with his friend, Tao.

“Oooh more body guards.” They continued to taunt when Kris looked back at us and the rest of our friends as they sat at a table and watched, “Let’s go.”

Kris and Tao left slamming the door open as Kai left too along with everyone else when In Young  came beside me and pulled me along, “Come on.”

I took one last look at the group of guys when their leader grabbed my shirt, “You think walking away will do anything? Hit me. I dare you.”

I looked at his face and back In Young when I pulled my shirt from his grasp and walked out.

She grabbed hold of my arm and held my hand as we met up with the rest of the guys, “Kyungsoo, you okay?” In Young asked me as I clenched my fist and released it as I glanced down at her, “I’m okay.”

“Don’t let them get to you. They’re not worth it.” She hugged me around my waist as the others came around me as well and patted my shoulder. I gave them a small but assuring smile, “I’m fine guys.”

Kai came to me and took my side as he squeezed my shoulder, “They shouldn’t have said that.”

I laughed a bit as I looked at him and shook my head, “I would have,” I looked around at everyone as they looked back at me and grinned, “Until I met you guys.”

“Awww!” All six girls swarmed me in a large group hug while the guys came around too ruffled my hair or patted my back.

“You’re family now!” HanEul beamed as she patted my cheek and looked to In Young as she held onto my arm, “I’m glad you two have each other.”