Scared

It Took Three Words

In Young and I sat together on the back porch of her house as the others bickered inside about what to watch on TV. She nuzzled herself against my side and rested her head on my arm as we looked out to the open darkness that laid out in front of us.

We didn’t need to talk, we didn’t need words to explain to each other the feeling the other gave off. Slowly I felt her fingers crawl their way to mine and slip under my hand as she grasped hold of it and gave it a squeeze. I smiled without looking at her when she sighed, “I’m scared about going back to school, Kyungsoo.”

I glanced to her as she raised her head from my arm and stared off in front of us, “I’m with you though. You won’t be alone.” I assured her as she gave my hand another squeeze and turned to me, “Are you not scared?”

In reality I was scared, but with her beside me reality sometimes border lined fantasy.

“I was scared of a lot of things before I met you but with you I’m not as scared anymore.” I took my hand from her and hugged her shoulders while I kissed her hair. She giggled and poked my stomach, “What were you scared of?”

“People.” I admitted without thinking because living the life I did, people were the scariest thing to face besides living.

She stopped laughing almost immediately as she brushed my bangs from my face, “Tell me.”

Her delicate fingers sent chills down my spine as she caressed my face and memories of life before In Young flashed through my mind with a painful repercussion.

Punches. Hits. Slaps. All done by the same hand but with brutality that bruised under the skin as well as above it.

I lived like that for a long time with no sense of the word gentle or comfort. I tried to seek help but help was long lost when I found the teacher siding with the bully.

I asked myself countless times if all people were like that. Can you imagine waking up every day to a nightmare?

People are scary.They lie, they hurt others, and they’re completely unpredictable. But some, if you’re lucky, show you otherwise.

I took In Young’s hands from my face and felt the warmth rush from her fingers to mine when I smiled at her and tapped her forehead, “Do you remember when we first met?”

Her face was still worried as she nodded her head, “How could I forget? You told me you planned to kill yourself after that.”

I shook my head and smiled again, “Do you remember what you told me that day?”

Her face grew distant as she tried to recall the memory when her head popped up and her face read she was touched, “I said, ‘Let’s be friends.”’

“Exactly.” I ruffled her hair and she took my hands from her head and placed them in her lap as she played with my fingers, “Is that what made you rethink your plans…Of…You know.”

I pulled one hand from her, watching as her eyes follow my movement when I took her hand and placed it on my cheek to feel her warmth again. I didn’t say anything as every good memory that came after that moment fast forwarded themselves in my mind and stopped finally at this point.

She restored the sense of human to humanity.

She healed my scars and mended my wounds.

She was the first person in a long time to call me a friend.

And she gave me a family.

“Kyungsoo, answer me.” She grew antsy as I remained silent with her when I opened my eyes to stare back at the girl that made everything better.

“I love you, In Young.”

She stopped moving around as she slowly dropped her hand from my face and stared at me like I was someone new.

I reached for the back of my neck awkwardly since it was her turn to be silent, “Too soon?” I asked her when she looked down and whispered, “No one outside my family has ever said that to me.”

I took a deep breath preparing myself when I tapped her chin and lifted her head up so we were looking right at each other, “Well, I’m in love with you.”

I leaned down and kissed her lips sweetly and gently. Our noses pressed against each other as she leaned in more and hugged me around my neck. I held her small waist in my arms as she pulled back and started to cry into my neck, “Kyungsoo, I love you too.”

She let go of my neck and sat back down with a small chuckle as she wiped her face when I moved her hand away and did it myself. In Young's eyes were planted on me as I wiped the tears away.

“We’ve both cried enough. Let’s not cry anymore, hmm?” I cupped both sides of her face and made her nod her head along with me. She smiled passed the tears as more continued to fall when I pulled her into a hug, “There are a lot more scarier things out there than starting a new school, but if you’re that scared just remember I’ll be right there with you.”

“I-I’m not scared anymore.” She sniffled when the door that led to the house opened with HanEul standing there with Min, “Oops are we interrupting something?”

In Young sat up and shook her head while I patted her hair and looked to the other girls with a nod of my head, “We were just wondering if you wanted to come in and watch the movie with us?”

I looked at her as she did her best to look like she wasn’t crying when I asked her, “Do you want to?”

“Sure.”

I helped her up and we followed the two girls into the house as the wild atmosphere met us instantly.

“Give me back my blanket !”

“Sharing is caring!”

“Sehun, give Luhan some of the popcorn!”

“Kai! Get the pizza!”

“Hey shut up! I wanna watch the movie!”

I slung my arm around In Young and sat back already enjoying the show.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The END

Sorry for the lacking ending TT.TT and the long wait

tumblr_m88mITU1r44taeo1_500.jpg

thank you for sticking with me all this time through all my stories and the grueling wait.

You guys are awesome ^^