Always Be Your Friend

It Took Three Words

The cat was out of the bag. Her secret revealed. She was suffering from anorexia.

I paced around her room as she cleaned herself up in the bathroom when I heard the door to her room open. In Young came in with a towel around her neck as she sat down on her bed.

“Now you know. Why I’m home schooled, why sometimes Kai and my dad are over protective of me, why I really don’t have a lot of friends besides Kai's. I’m a social scare or at least I used to be.”

I stopped walking around her room and took a seat on the floor in front of her. My eyes couldn’t help but look at her in a different light once again seeing her for what she said she was.

But in my eyes she wasn’t that skinny, she didn’t look sickly, she looked healthy. She was beautiful.

“You don’t look like your anorexic to be honest.” I replied and she chuckled slightly before sliding down and taking a seat in front of me on the floor, “I’m recovering from it actually Bbut some of that thought process is still there. I’m not completely well yet.”

She stared at me for moment seeing how I take the sudden confession. I could only stare back at her still in shock of her illness as it still baffled me why someone as pretty as her had to suffer like that, “Why?”

I couldn’t resist. I had to know why.

In Young sighed deeply and stood up as she searched her closet for a small photo album and came to sit beside me, “Here let me show you.”

She flipped through the pages before landing on one that had a picture of a stout girl beside a leaner but older woman, “That fat girl is me five years ago with my mom. She used to be the reason why I suffered so much. Instilling in me the importance of being thin because she said that was beauty. Tsk, she pushed me to the point I thought of just killing myself a few times. I hated her and she knew that.”

She took the picture out and handed it to me as she flipped the page again to a scarier image, “This was me when I was deep into depression accompanied by my anorexia. Kai took it to show me that I had a problem. I didn’t see it then, but…Now I see that I was just asking to die.”

She took that picture out and handed it to me before she closed the book and took a picture frame off of her dresser, “What you see today.”

In the frame was a picture of her surrounded by other beautiful girls and guys that I guessed to be Kai’s friends and they were all happy. The last picture I envied the most with there smiles and close friendship. I stared at it longingly wanting to be a part of that when In Young took my hand and held it in hers, “So? What’s your story? I’ve shared mine and you haven’t run or told me I’m stupid. Or that I’m crazy. I can only guess that you know what I’m going through too.”

As she held my hand in hers, In Young took her other hand and placed it on my cheek as she lifted my face so that our eyes were connected, “You can tell me, Kyungsoo.”

Her words were dripping with sincerity as she tightened her grasp on my hand for assurance. My eyes couldn’t leave hers as she sat more comfortably in front of me taking her hand from my face and placing it in her lap. I felt without her hand on my face. I felt that all the scars I had suddenly become more prominent on my body as she sat in front of me. I was exposed completely for my own hidden sufferings just because she saw right through me.

“I was bullied at school and for what, I don’t really know. I was just the kid everyone decided to pick at. I was beat up going home a lot of times like what you saw that day. My stuff was always vandalized. I was called every name out there. It was really just hell at school and I had no one to talk to,” In Young moved in closer to me as she took my other free hand so she was holding onto both, “I used to hurt myself and I had thoughts of suicide too, but I actually planned on going through with it that day you and Kai helped me.”

“But you didn’t. What stopped you?” she asked in a whisper when I looked down at my scarred arms that were hidden under my long sleeves.

She took notice of where my eyes had moved and hesitantly reached for my sleeve to push it up when I did it for her. In Young gasped at the sight of all the healing lines of where I had cut myself and traced the scars lightly with her finger tips. Her touch reminded me of the relief the cuts had brought me but also brought along the after math thoughts of why did I do it?

Looking back at those times I turned to hurting myself, I shivered at those thoughts and sighed shakily as I pulled my sleeve back down, “You did. When you told me that you wanted to be my friend, you have-“

She cut me off as she tackled me in a hug and started to cry into my neck as she continued to pull me closer to her, “Kyungsoo, don’t you ever dare think of hurting yourself again! Okay? Don’t hurt yourself anymore. Please.”

I hugged her back and rested my head on her shoulder as she continued to cry tears for me. I hugged her tighter as I felt my own tears start to form touched by the fact someone was shedding tears for me because they cared. I felt her combing my hair when she whispered to me, “You’re the first person I’ve told about my problem that isn’t in my family.”

I pulled from her to look at her face seeing that her cheeks were stained with tears. I wiped them for her and smiled when she touched my chin still taking notice of my scarred skin, “You’re the first person to ask me in a long time to be there friend.”

In Young paused and took her hand away from my face before pulling me in for another hug, “I’ll always be your friend, Kyungsoo shi.”

Her words were great relief to me, but deep down inside as I hold her in my arms now I knew that I didn’t want to be just friends anymore.


“I’ll always be your friend too, In Young shi.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

tumblr_m5w1ziIn9Y1r967c6o1_r1_500.jpg

Let's take a moment and just look at this man...

*looks at pictures*

Damn! What are you doing? Shooting an ad while getting out of you van?!?!

Are you a god? 

Kris: Yes

tumblr_m5w5z1uL0I1r8unzmo1_500.jpg

Let me just say I love DO with his hair like this and his nice lil' wife beater...

tumblr_m5vbwmsGQ21rsalceo1_500.gif

BYE BYE LOVELY READERS ^^

See you in my other stories...Maybe...