Chapter 2

Innocence

 

 
*ding dong*
 
"Honey! The baby-sitter is here!"
 
Little Taemin stares at his mother in awe. He wonders why she doesn't look that beautiful all the time. Presently, Taemin is sitting on the floor with his worn-out Teddy, who, sadly, is missing an eye. His mother had promised to fix him. He can only wonder when.
 
Out of no-where, a pair of long slender legs appear before him. He looks up only to stare at the most beautiful face he has ever seen....aside from his mommy's, ofcourse. 
 
"Hey there kiddo! I'm Young-ji and I'm gonna be taking care of you whenever your parents go out!"
 
She crouches down and musses his hair and Taemin decides that he dislikes her. Only his brother can mess with his hair! He is peeved and he turns away from her, folding his arms, and puffs out his chest. His lower lip juts out in irritation and Young-ji can't help but think him adorable. 
 
The....the....bansh- yes, the Banshee in front of him is whisked away by his nagging parents. Taemin loves to say the word 'nag'. He likes to say it at full-speed, though his tongue numbs at the activity. His parents leave and the baby-sitter turns and smirks down at him. Has he mentioned it's the prettiest smirk he's ever seen? He blushes profusely.
 
"So what would you like to do, kid?"
 
They play a few games and Taemin decides that she can muss his hair all she wants. He tells her of his approval, his chest puffed up proudly and Young-ji laughs, thanking him on the way. He pouts when she flicks his nose and Young-ji asks him if he'd like to watch a movie. It's only 5pm and his parents won't be home until 11. 
 
Their bonding time is interrupted by her vibrating mobile phone. She whips it out as a bright smile adorns her pretty face. Taemin looks behind him to see her talking animatedly into the phone, but soon turns back to the movie that has gained his full attention. Soon, the movie comes to an end and Taemin bounces onto the sofa when Young-ji slides her phone shut.
 
"Who were you talking to?" Taemin asks her, cutely, his eyes b with curiosity. He watches as the smiling girl slides open her cell phone again and shows a picture of a man.
 
"My boyfriend. The love of my life," she answers, her smile expanding into a full-blown grin.
 
The small boy wrinkles his nose at the picture. He concludes that the man is very average-looking, not as near good-looking as his baby-sitter; didn't the beautiful girls always have handsome boyfriends? He doesn't understand why she would date someone like this man. The six-year-old looks back at his baby-sitter and she grins again. She pulls back here hand and stares at the photo with admiration. He notices that she has the same look in here eye as his mom whenever she looks at his father.
 
He wonders.