Second.

One and Only.

 

 

 

                 Everyone was busy, except Dara, whose schedules were cancelled for the whole day for Jiyong’s concert and well, for some other unknown reasons. She decided to stay at the YG building to let time pass since his concert is at four.

                “Dara eonnie, you’re being called to YG’s office,” a young girl trainee came up to her.

                “Oh, okay. Thanks,” she quickly got up and made her way to his office. She had no idea why YG needs her at this time of the day. When she finally got there, she knocked three times before entering after she got no response from YG.

                “Yang Hyun Suk-nim, Ryuu said you were calling for me. Is there anything wrong?” Dara meekly said, as she approached slowly YG’s desk. He lifted his head up, looking at Dara intently before he spoke up.

                “Ah, yes. Please sit down Dara,” he gently placed down the pen he was holding, and with utter firm, he crossed his arms, resting his back at his chair’s backrest. He waited for Dara to take her seat. There was no tension, but there were beads of sweat on her forehead. Several more minutes took away words before YG said another.

                “Aren’t you going to say something Dara? Are you really sure you want me to talk about it myself?” Seriousness was now eminent in his voice; however, behind it is a glitch of tenderness. Firm as ever, but now a more relaxed Yang Hyun Suk. The beads of sweat disappeared; along with it was a forming fear. Dara cannot bring herself to fear this man she acknowledges as her father.

                “I’m sorry if I kept it to myself. I honestly don’t want to everybody worry if they find out. And I knew you would soon know I still kept my mouth. And I know you understand as well, especially because of him,” however though, she still cannot lift her head, so she stared either at the floor or at her shoes.

                “Look at me.” He ordered. “I know how I sternly advice everyone to be independent when it comes to self-improvement and to try solve self-issues ASAP. But have you forgotten that I also constantly remind everybody as well to seek others help and be confidantes? And what am I to you? I’m truly hurt. However though, I understand you. But, it also concludes you still forget how I am as your president. And more than anything, this about your health, Dara, and I’m in a rightly position to know about that part of your being.”

                “I’m truly sorry for how I acted,” and in the first time of being part of the YG Family for years, she cried sincerely in front of the president. “I have never been in such sheer terror after knowing that I could go deaf. No, I will go deaf. It’ll be in a matter of time. But that’s not just it. The absolute fact that I will never hear his voice again, that surely makes this whole thing worse more than ever. And it really pains me; after all, this is all but a one-sided love. Oh, why am I crying so hard?” Dara tried to wipe off her relentlessly flowing tears.

                “What do want to do then? What are you planning on?” It is now not a glitch; he stood up and seated across Dara, resting his hands on hers.

                She’s still sobbing her heart out, stopping at each sentence to breathe. “I honestly don’t know what to do. But I was thinking of just carrying on, as if nothing is happening. But then, I thought about it deeply last night, and all I want now is a time off. A break from everything: including him. I’m considering of talking to him before I take the break, but I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to do that, might give him the letter instead of facing him. I want to see him perform today, and then I am hoping that after that I’ll be able to take my time off. Are you okay with that YG-nim?”

                “As much as I don’t want to stop you, simply because I know you love what you’re doing, I know you know what you need at this time. I assume you know yourself so I am supporting you in this decision. I’m letting you know that I’m not letting you go. Not when I know you have the heart and the love for this craft. Better stop crying, okay?” And he lifted up her head and wiped her tears off by his thumb, and then ruffled her hair.

                “Now let me hug my Dara.”

                “Thank you Yang Hyun Suk-nim. But, you’re unknowingly trying to kill me now with your hug,” and she finally breathed normally after she was released from the tight hug.

                “Off you go. Better catch up with him,” he said, gesturing for his office’s door.

               Dara checked her wrist, forgetting she doesn’t wear a wrist watch so she looked for a wall clock. When she found it, it read two forty-one; at least more than an hour to prepare for his concert. She took quick shower and changed clothes before calling for a van to get to the venue. She was praying hard she’d get there on time as she worries he’ll be mad at her again about her tardiness at such events. They are to meet for a minute or two before the concert starts as he ordered her.

                Finally, she got there at least fifteen more minutes before the concert. The staffs helped her way backstage as some fans recognize her. She knocked gently on the dressing room’s door, announcing it was her when asked who it was. As she entered the room, the stylists and coordi-noonas also made their way out.

                “So you are not late this time, stupid.” He coolly said as he checked himself on the mirror. Little did he know what a sight he was for her, taking her several minutes before answering him.

                “Ah, yes. I know you’d be mad if I showed up late.” She managed to stammer, as she walked towards him.

                “Of course I’d be. Good think you know. You actually used the few left of your neurons to remember that. And don’t forget, I am still mad at what you did yesterday. Don’t think I’ll let it slip, but we’re not talking about that now.” He faced her, eyeing her completely; his hips resting on the table, with his hands supporting him. She fixed his clothes before nodding. He was gazing at her intensely that’s why she cannot bring herself to look at him. A knock on the door signaled that it was time for him to go. They both went together backstage.

                “Good luck, Ji.” She said as he walked forward.

                “I know; I’m the best, stupid. Now, go to your seat.” He said looking back at her. She nodded which made him walk forward again.

                “I love you, Kwon Jiyong.”