Me and My Mr. G (Chapter 36 - He's In My Heart)

Me and My Mr. G

 

CHAPTER 36: He's in MY Heart

 

Stella: Piper, are you sure you want to attend this ball?

Piper: Yeah, I have to.

Stella: But…you said, Seungri will be revealing things now…

Piper: *sighs* I have to face this…

Stella: Well, okay. I’ll help you with your preps okay?

Piper: Thanks, Stella. *forces to smile*

Stella: I’m always here for you, Pipes. You’ll overcome it soon, okay? Kaja.

 

Stella readied my dress for tonight. It will be just a plain but elegant-looking black cocktail dress. She made me sit and worked on my hair and make-up for about 2 and half hours. After that, she made me wear the dress inside my room and put on accessories that she bought for me too.

 

When I put it on, I opened my jewelry box and got this shiny tiny heart locket from its small box. I opened my drawer for I’ll put the box inside, when I saw Big Bang’s poster, the one that got on my face a long time ago.

 

I got it and caught myself staring at one face out of the five boys in the picture. He was wearing red coconut-like messy hair, with a bit of eyeshadow, in a large size jacket with matching black skinny jeans and boot-like shoes. I got the scissors and cut away this guy’s face and I managed to put it inside the locket Stella bought for me.

 

I looked at it intently and whispered to myself…

 

Piper: If only I REALLY could lock up my heart, with someone I love…and not give it to someone….I don’t.

 

I wore it nicely around my neck and headed outside. As I closed my door, I found Stella staring at me like she has seen a monster. Then she turned her attention at our opened door, with Jiyong coming slowly inside.

 

Piper: Jiyong….

Jiyong: Your carriage is ready, ma’am. *smiles*

 

I signalled Stella to give us some privacy for a while so she went outside, excusing herself from the scene. I took a seat on our couch, as well as Jiyong.

 

Jiyong: You really look…beautiful, Piper. Always been.

 

I smiled and maybe even blushed at his compliment but I answered him differently,

 

Piper: Sorry…that I have been ignoring your calls.

Jiyong: I understand…you’re quite in shock.

Piper: Quite? *smirks* Well…the thing is, I’m sorry if I got in between you guys. I ruined your friendship. *sighs* and…I, created a big fuss.

Jiyong: Hey, it’s not your fault. I actually take the blame. Don’t worry…*holds my hand*

 

I looked at Jiyong and just realized how good his features were. He has eyes full with sincerity, like he’s gonna tear up any minute now just by hearing me take blames. He has a beautifully carved nose, not flat nor sharp but just right. He has flawless skin which any women would be dying for.

 

And he has the heart…that would match up with mine.

 

Jiyong: Piper…

Piper: Eo. *shakes up* N-n-ne?

Jiyong: What did you call me for? Are you…going to say something?

Piper: Uhm…*looks down* yeah…well…

Jiyong: What is it, Piper??

Piper: I…I wanted to give you…*unwears my locket* this.

 

I gave it to him gently, not saying there’s something inside. I looked at him, really puzzled, but managed to accept it though.

 

Jiyong: What…what is this?

Piper: It’s actually a locket.

Jiyong: I know, what I meant is…

Piper: Just promise me you’ll keep it safe, okay? It’s yours.

Jiyong: Mine?

Piper: *looks at the time* WELL. The time’s ticking so; you better go and prepare yourself for the ball. Seungri will be here to fetch me anytime…

Jiyong: I can drive…

Piper: Ani. It’s okay, you should go.

 

I pushed him towards the door and opened it for him. I led him outside and bid my goodbye to him, trying to hold back my tears. I don’t know, it’s like pushing someone away from you is not really that new to me. Like I’ve done it before, and it hurts as much as I did before. Weird, though.

 

When Jiyong’s about to ride his car, I called him one last time.

 

Piper: JIYONG!

 

He looked back at me.

 

Piper: There’s always been something on the inside! Just, try to peek in and you’ll see!

 

As I saw him getting puzzled again, I closed my door with a heavy heart…but beating for the guy I just pushed away now.

 

-------

 

Seungri: Are you ready?

 

After an hour, Seungri got to our house and managed to fetch me like he planned to. I bid my goodbye to Stella and rode in his van.

 

Piper: *I looked at him and smiled forcely*

Seungri: It’s gonna be okay. *hold my hand*

 

Compared to Jiyong touch earlier, I felt cold with his touch. Maybe because…there’s something inside me saying that I shouldn’t be with him, that I shouldn’t force to tie myself with someone I don’t love just because of an exaggerated rumor. My heart kept saying it’s unfair, but my mind keeps on reminding me on how it will benefit the rest, for the common good as they say.

 

Before we got out of the van, Seungri directed the driver to leave us for a while and he looked at me intently.

 

Seungri: Piper…if anything happens later on, just LOOK AT ME.

Piper: Why?

Seungri: Just…please do. I’m doing this for you…

 

“No, you’re not.” I thought.

 

As I nodded to him, we got out of the car and went inside the hall, where my world will start to change…indefinitely.

 

-------------