Chapter 4

A conflict with death

    Chpater 4

       She wanted to leave badly at the moment or through herself from the window, all these years of keeping the faith with her heart, wanting no one to enter it except him.

She found herself asking him “Do I know her?  Is she from here?

He answered with a nod… Hyoyeon was as a robot with no feelings just a worried look in her pretty dark brown eyes…After being with no emotion for half minute a sarcastic laugh escaped as she acted cool:

“Tell me where she lives?”

It was a weird question even the whole scene to him, however he liked her courage so much. “My wife or to be clear my ex wife not living here anymore”

She raised one eyebrow “Ex wife?”

Her thoughts-He’s not the play boy type, or the man who took advantage of a woman, so it’s clear that his she’s the one left him (his ex wife).

It took her seconds to change her emotion again “Let’s not talk about it for now”

He felt relived “Alright”

It was a night full of depress and bleak, full of memories -bad and good ones- Hyoyeon was a prisoner inside those memories, one of these was Siwon’s sister…She was her childhood friend, they used to do everything together, also she was a good listener, although she was younger than Hyoyeon but her acts is so matured that she calls her Mom sometimes.

“How’s Sooyoung?”

“She talk about you sometimes, remembering our childhood days, when you making an evil plans on me, also when she runs miles before you to take your snacks” He said while smile remembering the cute memories.

“Do you know that she moved with her husband?”

She nodded “Yes, my father told me; also he said that she gave a birth to a child two years ago”

“Exactly, his name is Jongin” he smiles.

She smiled “Oh, but I remember when we were little, you the one wanted that name for your first child, Am I wrong?

He laughed “No, you right, but I told you before everything changed even the small details”

She nodded in agreeing.

“What else did he told you about us?”

“Nothing, he just told me about Sooyoung because we were best friends that’s all”

In her thoughts: Of course nothing more, he never want to depress me about your news, he’s a good man.

“He didn’t even mention your name” She said while walking to get some water. She continued “You know that Sooyoung cut off her contact with me after she got married, it was really disappointing”

“Don’t be mad at her, everyone chooses a path that makes him lose many people, she chooses a busy life style, so don’t blame her”

“That’s wrong, we may choose the hardest but we also have minds , I was happy when I hear her voice every week , we keep talking for many hours , it makes me happy , even after her marriage , she used to send messages telling me how she’s doing “

“In this case, you can probably visit her before you leave”

She released a long sigh” I was thinking these days hard about leaving or not, I feel sorry for dad, he’s getting old, I’m afraid to leave him again”

“You kidding right”

In his mind: That’s not the right decision Hyo

“You can’t think about that”

“But I did, I intend to do so”

“You can’t do this to me” He stopped after realized what he just said, he hold his head with his hands...His got insane after he saw her again just from her sight, what if she lives at the same village that is not so far than his…he tried to gain his thoughts again, he had to take it slow…He tried to convince himself that she’s will be with her father to take care of him, nothing else in her mind.

She was waiting him to talk again.

“You will not be able to complete one month, I believe you will leave again after one week anyway” he said in a challenge tone

“You said it yourself, everything change, I may stay forever” she smiled

He looked at her eyes, she’s still got that childish attitude to win every conversation they do” For a person who use to travel a lot, it will be so hard”

“You right, I wish that I can stay for 30 – 50 years at the same place I always loved and had all my happy childhood memories, I wanted to continue these life and making more good memories, but after what happened, everything stopped, just these memories kept the faith not us” She felt her eyes watered and he was silent again.