Chapter 5

Money can't buy me happiness

„ I can’t go back to my house, they will probaly wait for me.“ A sigh escaped Julie’s lips as she ruffled her hair out of frustration. „Ottoke?!“

 

Maybe I can sleep at Ai’s home, just for tonight? Ani, I can’t do this! Ai’s mom already struggles with feeding Ai and herself I can’t be a bother for them."

 

Right in this moment Julie’s phone ringed. She took the phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen. It was Ai’s number. Julie smiled „ Aish. This girl always knows when I’m in trouble."

She took the phone to her ear and was greeted with a high pitched scream.

 

„JULIE! I heard what happened, are you alright? Do you need to see a doctor? I gonna kill these bastards, I’m!...“

Beofre Ai could speak any further, Julie speaked up.

„ Don’t worry. Nothing happened. But another question, how do you know what happened?“

 

„You know that I know a lot of people, DAH!“ Julie started to giggle.

„ Yeah sorry, sometimes I forget that you are working in the underground and that you know almost everyone.“

 

It was silent until Ai spoke, „ You can’t go back home right? Come to me.“

Julie’s grip on the phone tightened. „I..It’s okay really, I just ca-..“

„Julie this wasn’t a request! You are coming to my house right now!“ Ai said in a strict voice. To everyone else this would be a threat, but Julie know it better. It’s just the from Ai to say that she really cares about her.

 

„Deh, umma.“ Julie said with a smile on her lips.

„Umma?! YAH, Julie you-..“ Julie hang up on her.

„Thank you, Ai.“

 

Julie went to the next bus stop and went straight away to Ai’s home.

About half an hour later she arrived at Ai’s home.

 

Ai and her mother lives in a really dangerous area, but because of Ai, who is in a gang, her mother and herself doesn’t have to be scared. Their house was really small, but when you stepped inside it felt just like home.

 

Julie knocked on the door and a older woman with long curly hair opened the door.

 

„Julie!“ she immediately smiled and hugged the young girl, „how have you been? I missed you.“

„i missed you too.“ Julie smiled. That’s the thing she likes about this house, when you enter it you feel like you belong to this family, a feeling Julie really misses. " Aegyo! You really have grown." Ai's mom ruffled her hair.

"Really? I think I'm just as small as before." Julie put her hand on her head and started to giggle.

 

„Come inside Ai is upstairs. I will make you some tea ,ok?“

„Neh, thank you.“ Julie bowed and then went upstairs. As she entered Ai’s room she was welcomed with a big, rip breaking hug.

 

„ You alright? I was so worried when I heard from Jongup what happened.“

„I..I’m okay but“ Julie gasped for air „ no air.“ Ai immediately released Julie. „ I’m sorry.“ She smiled. Sometimes Julie couldn't believe that this girl was part in one of the most feared gang of Seoul. Julie and Ai know eachother since they were little & because of this the bond between them is really strong. Ai was the only person who was left after her parents died and she was really happy of this.

 "Are you really okay? Yo look really pale" Ai looked worry at Julie.

„I'm okay. But I was really lucky today, they almost got me..“ Julie sighed as she sit down on Ai’s bed.

 

Ai went beside her and looked at her.

„Yeah I heard. What do you wanna do know? I mean you can’t live in your house anymore...“ It was silent for a while, until Julie spoke up.

„ I don’t know. I think I have to move again, but this will be really hard, I mean who wants to have an underaged girl in their house?“

a dry laugh escaped Julie's lips.

Ai looked at Julie „ Maybe you can live here.“ Julie looked at Ai and then shake her head to a no.

„I can’t. I exactly know how hard it already is for you and your mom, I don’t wanna be a burden.“ „but!..“

„no but’s. I don’t want.“ Julie said in a strict voice but soon softened. „don’t worry about me, I will find something.“ She smiled, even though it was a fake smile.

Ai put a hand on Julie’s shoulder „don’t smile if you don’t mean it.“

Julie’s smile faded and she looked down, „I’m sorry.“

 

Suddenly, someone was knocking on the door from Ai’s room, it was her mom.

Julie, someone is looking for you.“ Julie’s eyes widenend." Who would be looking for her? The loan sharks? "Fear crossed Julie’s sight.

Ai got up immediately and went to the door, she opened it and looked at her mother.

„Umma. Why did you let someone inside?!“ She said wirh anger in her voice. „You know how Julie’s situation is right now"

 

Ai's mom slapped her on the arm „You really think I would someone enter our house like this?!." Her mom said a litle louder „ ,but this man said he is Julie’s uncle.“

„M..my uncle?“ Julie stepped outside and looked at Ai’s mom. „Deh.“ She said and then took Julie’s hand. „let’s go.“

„Umma, don’t! He’s probaly lying!“ Ai went after them.

 

When they got downstairs, a man got up from the couch he was sitting on and looked at Julie.

It was an older man with a strict look. „This is my uncle, appa’s brother?“ Julie looked at him. She was speechles when the man smiled at her and gave her a hug.

 

„Julie. Finally I found you.“ 

__________________

Hello dear readers :) 

I'm sorry for making you wait & I hope you like this chapter! keke^^