Dangerous after hours

Tomboy Roomie

WARNING: This chapter contains .....creepy content. Yuri will be safe ;). you'll see what I'm getting at.

‘Come on Yuri!’ My brain lashed me. 

Every single time my eyelids started to batter, a zap would belt like lightning and awaken me. The environment was, as always, dead quiet. There would be occasional ruffling and scuffing of pen on paper. I covered my mouth mindfully as I yawned and surveilled the class, only to find everyone jotting down notes. Minho had once again gotten us pardoned from those after-school detentions for being late. He gave a 90 degree bow the moment the teacher made eye contact, pressing at my nape of my neck to mimic his pose. Afterwards he’d found his way by sauntering up to the back and plopping himself amongst the row of un-averagely good looking boys.

“Are you okay?” Jessica whispers across towards me. She looked genuinely worried with her thins lips pursed and brow furrowed. Though there was the groggy attitude still driving my system nuts every morning. “Yes.” I retort sarcastically, earning myself an offended look. Regret started entering the moment she turned back to the board nonchalantly. ‘I didn’t mean to be so mean to her, it was just a morning thing I had.’  Her expression softened after a while and she turned back and offered me a copy of her notes. ‘This angel.’ 

The door swung open after a few knocks. They seemed to bounce off the walls, prying all attention on the entry. Abruptly causing the teacher to stop still with her marker pinned on the board mid sentence. Standing by the threshold was a domineering man enveloped superbly in a smart black suit, crisply ironed so the edges jagged out passed his shoulders. “I’m here for Kwon Jae-Yup, the transfer student.” I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, as heads began to turn. It felt like introduction all over again. Three days had felt like months and I didn't know why? “He’s right over there.” The teacher points out without batting an eyelid. Everyone observed carefully as I pushed my seat in behind my table, screeching against the floorboards and trudged out the door after the man.

Before I left I looked to Minho to find him just as confused. From behind everyone's eyes on me he shook his head in disapproval and mouthing ‘Hongdo.’ I had completely forgotten the bastard. There was Jim too ... but the main victim of my wrath was Hongdo. Just his name would get my blood boiling. There wasn’t a chance in hell I regretted what had transpired that Friday afternoon. As blasphemy is profane to a devoted man's religion, anything ill-mannered spoken about my parents was just as potent. They had nothing to do with it, nothing ...

He guided me around hallways I'd never been down, to the queer ghost corridors or empty dull classrooms. I could feel chills like molasses trickling down my spine. For that instant moment I saw Hongdo when the cracked the door open, I could have sworn he was in perfect condition. That was until the man strode in, when he began to feign his pain by clutching his stomach. The smug glint in his eye, only made me want to just kick him where it’d hurt for a while. You know, casually stab his body roll him in air constricting carpet then throw him off a bridge into a perpetual cycle of lapping waves.

The man sat me down and firmly began the interrogation, curtly gesturing Hongdo to begin with a pen and notpad in hand. “I-I don’t understand why he attacked me. I was only being friendly by offering him to join me, but he just began to harass me.” His voice quivered deceitfully. His voice was sickeningly dripping with false innonce. The man lucidly spaced out his writing on the page and looked at me sternly. “Now your turn. Explain what you saw or did.” I sat speechless hanging low without saying anything. 'What could I say? I was rash after-all, it's always been like me. Hongdo, that bastard had me cornered and wrapped around his disgusting fingers.'

I exit the Guidance Counsellor’s room with a heavy heart and an even deeper hatred for Hongdo. I’d gotten myself multiple detentions scattered throughout the week. Not only did this mean I had to stay back at school, but the fact Hongdo had escaped with a halo made of rusted metal wire above his head. I could remember the sickening tone of him up to the counsellor as he whimpered clutching his stomach. Throughout his whole speech words kept replaying in my mind ‘liar, liar, liar.’ Then again, I was a complete idiot for not attempting to retaliate.

“So you landed yourself a detention.” He breathed mirthlessly. Minho, was not amused. His bangs partly covered his eyes, which made me wonder what he was thinking. 'Would I still be able to stay? I mean, I sincerely did feel like I had let him down. There was that twinge of guilt tugging at my conscience that was present everytime there was anything I'd done wrong.'

“Should have seen it coming.” He sighed handing the red slip back to me like it was rubbish. It was like we were finally getting along, only to have the downpour of disappointment. Like a flower grow out from the mouldy crevices of a craggy rock, only to have a waterfall batter it to smithereens. “I’m sorry,” I sulked shamefully. He looked at me exasperatedly, opening his mouth like he was going to begin scolding only to sigh and dismiss the thought. After a short silence he spoke up again, "he mentioned your family right?” I couldn't remember if I had ever thoroughly described the whole scenario to him, but he was spot on. I nodded dejectedly still standing with my eyes glued to the ground. "You keep that pride in your family, but just exend that fuse of yours." He was about to leave but I caught a fleeting glance of his light smile. He was honestly handsome if he smiled more often in front of me. Something inside me just tingled, like I knew I would remember that image for a long time. 

“Oh, Jae-Yup-ah!” Jonghyun strained from across the room. Various eyes turned to me, scanning me up can down before returning to their prior conversations. Jonghyun hooked me by the arm with a pleading look in his eyes, “I look like a dinosaur don’t I?” I stood for a moment just totally baffled at his remark, but shook my head slowly. “So I can probably guess why you have detention, Hongdo. Am I right?” A shiver crept up my spine as his name left Jonghyun’s lips. "Yeah, pretty much," I grudgedly muttered. He leant  back clapping his hands as he pushed his chair back with his knee on the table, nodding his head.

“You got him right. I’m so proud of you for taking him down for me.” He ruffled my hair raising his usual tone. Then slipping out something from his pocket with a brandishing white coat. “It’s a new model,” he grinned with his perfect set of teeth. Swiping the screen skillfully he located a camera icon. Holding it into the air in front of him he expertly wrangled my neck and snapped a picture.

 

“Look at you!” He laughed showing me a horrendous photo capture of my eyes-closed and mouth agape. My gaze drifted to his figure beside me, and I was utterly outdone. He looked perfect. Dashing smile, neat hair in place and a perfect angle to capture it all. I pouted slightly, as Jonghyun lifted the camera up again into midair. “Let’s do this again. Properly now, 1,2,3.” The light flashed for a split second.

It was an improvement. I had a plain expression with crescent pursed lips, which was a photo worthy face. “Aigoo, we both look so handsome.” He cooed setting the picture as his wallpaper. I could catch a glimpse of his original one before he replaced it. It was a cute girl with, prominent dimple in a white shirt and orange cardigan. I began to chortle on the side at the thought that it was his girlfriend, but then again he did just replace that girl for me and him. Could she really have been that special to him?

“Who was that girl?” I nudged with a stupid grin on my face. “No one,” he huffed pushing my face away as he received a text message. “Is it your girlfriend?” I plow my head towards the screen ignoring his hand. “No, just mind your own business,”he shoved me away with his finger contorting my face. “So, how long are you going to have your detentions?” A small part of me would miss Jonghyun when he’d have to leave.

“I heard you and Jessica are going out,” he slyly grinned. How was I supposed to respond? What did boys even talk about when it came to girls? I nodded mutely without much intent on speaking. “So? Anything?” he began to suggestively raise his brow, like a ert.  I sat there dumbly with a blank face. This would suffice right? Just a dumb, poker face that could go either way. He sighed after a while and shrugged it off.

"Now listen here!" A stern teacher entered. He had the authoritative aura that contradicted any hopes of a submissive teacher. "As I expected, these are all the same hooligans from last year to end up in detention," he glared harshly around the room before he met me. "Well if it isn't it a new addition." He snarked mirthlessly. "What's your name?" He wagged his pen. "Jae- Yup...." I answered without much emotion.

Luckily for Jonghyun the detentions weren't the bore I'd first anticipated. He made the job faster with his noraebang acts while swaying the broom latch side to side like a microphone stand. He did have a singer worthy voice after all. His songs were explicitly portrayed, with depth and vibrance. It was like the pleasant sound of a gentle breeze by the bay, mingled with the salty tang of the sea aloft in the air. Ironically it did remind me of home, where Jiyong and I spent our past times, where appa sat smiling beneath his fraying cap in the corner. Home...

A demanding slap across my back brought me back to reality. "Don't space out. You think that the Wolf's going to just let things slide if we don't finish." Jonghyun snapped vigorously raking the scattered leaves. "You haven't seen him mad. He flips tables like they're pieces of paper." He emphasised in despair. "I'd know, I'd know," he muttered although he were old and wise. Mr. Im as I had learnt his name quite earlier on, was an abrasive, swift man, straight to the point and hard headed with a perpetual loathing for male misfits. It was a wonder he'd managed to stay a teacher for this long.

"Not to mention this is the WORST place to be in the whole school premises." He shook to relieve himself of his fears. Of all the places Mr. Im could have assigned for us to clean, it had to be here. There was no use in cleaning up the area anyways. There were no students that ever travelled passed the area, no teachers that had meetings. Nothing, Nada. The area was overshadowed by the towered three story school building, with the occasional peculiar sound of an aggravated cat mewling by the gate. Jonghyun turned in aggravation, startling me,"it's official! The next time I see that cat who keeps freaking make me piss my pants, I'm going to-"

"Oh!" Someone cried in shock as they turned the corner. Jonghyun quickly covered his foul mouth rant and stared wide eyed. It was a man in his mid 40's, in tattered blue overalls and an olive cap. We greeted him courteously with bows as he approached us with staggering steps. I could barely make out his facial features from squinting in the scarce light, but what I did see creeped me out. "What are you kids doing behind here?" He questioned curiously removing his hat. "We're just cleaning up around here, that's all," Jonghyun looked at me, turning back to the man. He looked... odd. His clothes were disheveled like he'd just wrestle something, with dark stains that couldn't be deciphered for blood or dirt from the poor lighting.

The man gave a crooked guffaw, "No kids come around my shed much." His eyes gleamed, and I pulled Jonghyun back slightly. "Your shed sir?" Jonghyun obliviously questioned. There was something I couldn't trust about him, couldn't Jonghyun sense it too? I didn't know if it was his sinister stare or the haunting voice he spoke with, but there was something there to send my hairs on its end. "Yes, yes. It's right over there." He pointed to the darker regions of the dead end. Politely Jonghyun conversed with the man more, with me shrinking away in the back. It wasn't until he caught my shriveled composure that he fixed his tone into one more... sociable and normal.

"You should come over when you have the time," he finished and flashed a toothy grin. 

"The sun's starting to set already," I swiped the beads of sweat forming on my temple with my sleeve. The sky before we had known, it had slowly shifted to an amber display of light from the far distance over the soccer fields. Jonghyun gave a maddened cry throwing the rake on the ground, rubbing his shoulders. "It's so cold Jae-Yup!" He cried curling up into a ball. "Why don't we just ditch?" He asked then stopping for a moment to elaborate his thoughtless comment. "Maybe we should," he slowly spoke.

Jonghyun bravely approached the metal shed, covered with untamed vines. He knocked and stepped back for it to swing out. There, stood the man who I assumed to be the janitor from before. "Oh, come in, come in," he beckoned pulling out some logs piled peculiarly in the corner. The light wasn't on the stablest of cords, dangling above our heads like it could drop at any moment. There were barely any cleaning utensils within site. Just a ragged mess of blankets which I assumed was his sleeping place. A chill ran down my spine. Queer and suspicious.

Jonghyun nudged me in the rib seeing my disturbed look. I could tell he was trying to tell me to be polite. I feigned a weak smile before fading back behind their conversation. I would've prefered to be raking those leaves, I'd rather be anywhere but here. Their conversations drifted from school to personal life and around to future prospects. It didn't take long for me to realise he was the grabby type of person. It happened alot with familiar ahjummas and so on, but we'd only known him for a while. The man stumbled over his words awkwardly, his speech lacking. Lacking education, lacking literacy and fluency. 

"Jonghyun, what about your friend here?" Jonghyun seemed uncontent in flippantly handing information about me, which I was grateful for. I shook my head. "Sorry to just ruin the conversation, but I have to go to the toilet." Jonghyun excused himself standing up abruptly. He gave me an apologetic smile before leaving. My mind screamed for him to bring me with him, but he had left me in his dust and an outline of where his form once stood.

"So Jae-Yup," he seized my knee. I shifted uncomfortably staring wide eyed at him. "Do you perhaps have a girlfriend?" My heart began to accelerate beneath his gaze. "I-I do," his eyes began to crease upward until he burst into the same crooked laugh from last time. "Well that's weird isn't it?" This was getting too creepy. I shot up from my seat but only to have him grab my wrist in a deadly grip. He slowly rose up inhaling a large breath of my scent.

"Weird for a girl to be dating another," I froze in my place, shuddering. "Aniyah, what are you talking about? Do-don't joke around ajhusshi," I pried, pulling away my hands only to have them forcefully recuffed. "No, you don't joke with me. I know a girl when I see one." He crashed me against the flimsy walls with my arms strung above my head. No, this couldn't be happening. His hot breath was hovering centimeters before my skin with his body drawing nearer. He began to my top collar, cruelfully smirking as I squirmed to free myself. 

"Stop it! This is wrong!" I cried with tears b. Nothing remotely similar to this had ever happened to me. All the strength I was able to use on the field, drained and evaporated to that of an average defenceless girl. His fingers undid the tie with ease, letting the material fall to the ground. "Why don't we check if you're a girl afterall," he hoarsely spoke. Closing my eyes tightly I prayed. No, things could not end like this. No.

Somebody help me.


Author's Notes:

I'm so sincerely sorry for the super super late update! I feel so guilty because I received such encouraging comments and yet.... *sigh* This was probably the first full length  writer's block I've had. It was like my story had lead to a dead end O_o but now we're finally on track! I can't guarantee any specific dates because I'm so uncommited. It's not that I want to be like that! I love your comments! They ALWAYS make my day! <3

Everyone, don't fret. I will never let Yul get hurt! NEVER!!

I apologise beforehand for the lack of Minyul interaction to the shippers! To the Beautiful You, kyaa~~ <3!

Comments would be much appreciated! :) Thank you Berryfany08 for helping me update this chapter and the superb editing :) CLIFFHANGER!! : O

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!! They'll speed the updates!