Going Out

Tomboy Roomie

 

Minho’s POV

“What do you mean you want a girlfriend? You’re a girl.” Yuri lazily shrugs her shoulders. “Hey, when do you we eat for dinner?” She quirks up. I look doubtfully at her, resisting the urge to slam my face against the table. ‘What was I thinking when I let her stay?’ I examine the fridge’s contents. There wasn’t any dinner material to fill two stomachs. I sigh whilst closing the door to see Yuri eyeing me intently.“Come on, let’s go.” I groan with distaste.“Where are we going?” She asks briskly jumping to her toes. “Out to eat.” 

I change out of my uniform into some comfortable clothes, swabbing a woolen knitted scarf over my shoulders.“I-I have no money.” She reminds me timidly as I reach for the keys on the table. “You can find a job part-time somewhere then you can pay me back afterwards,” I hoped she wouldn’t start abusing the fact I was going to help her financially though. We walk up to the lobby until she is struck with realization hustling back before I could stop her. She returns shortly panting and affirming me to continue.

My car is secured near the teacher’s parking located at the back, practically on the other side of the school. “Don’t you have a chauffeur we could probably hitch a ride with?” A twinkle of hope sparkles in her eyes as she clasps her hands together pleadingly. “Now why would you ask that?” My driving skills weren’t that bad, but like everyone else they could use some improvement. She sighs dejectedly.“Nothing.”

Asami, a middle aged woman with wavy auburn hair immediately addresses us when we enter. “Shiroshi here today?” She nods and starts leading us to the room to the far secluded part of the building where Shiroshi was designated for VIPs. “Yes, Mr. Choi. Right this way.”

“They know who you are?” Yuri whispers into my ear from behind as he head for the back of the building.“My father owns this place.” She goes dead quiet, probably processing what she’d just heard. Shiroshi sat cross-legged on a low table, skillfully slicing particles of fish and seafood and delicately arranging them to be visually appealing. He greets me with his usual low bow and continues with his culinary expertise. The room was decorated with Japanese ornaments, some flittering white lanterns lit on the clutter ceiling and some instrumental music playing in the background.

“So who is this Young Master Choi?” He smiles humbly at Yuri. “This is my room-mate...” I hesitate on which name I should expose to him. “Kwon Jae- Yup.” Yuri warily nods. We were both just as confused about this identity fiasco. I take off my jacket and lay the scarf in an orderly manner on the hanger in the corner. Yuri’s sits silently twirling her short locks with a small pout curved on her lips. “So how do you like the new hair-do?” I tease chastely as she narrows her eyes. “It’s fine.” She huffs.

“Could you make some bentos to bring home too.” It wasn’t a question but more of a command. Some assistants scramble off to bring back approximately 5 black bentos. “What would the normal price of eating here cost?” Yuri looks discontent with every slice Hiroshi makes on the raw salmon on the table. Hiroshi whispers into her ears. Every word enlarging her eyes. “Bu-but I can’t pay you back that much!” She slams her fists on the table, causing a cup to teeter over the edge. She stares like the cup had last hope of living, smashed to smithereens within seconds. 

I place a piece of sushi on my mouth, musing over her distress. It was interesting. God I sound sadistic. She started to collect the shattered pieces of china, warding off the women who offered to help. “No, it’s my fault. I’ll clean it myself.” She  retracts abruptly causing a jump  inside myself too. Small droplets of crimson pool onto her fingers. She hisses and stops collecting the pieces. I curse, moving closer to her. I grab her fingers with an instinct to help her, even though just a moment ago I was enjoying her self highlighted faults.

“Somebody get the girl.......Jae-Yup a bandaid!” I inwardly tut myself with my awkward mistake. The moment I lose grip of Yuri’s fingers she plops the wound into . I was flabbergasted. “Don’t do that!” I forcefully pull her wrist causing her to fall onto me instead. Honestly, it was awkward. Her eyes widened with suprise. “Mr. Choi here is a bandaid.” A lady passed a bandaid to Yuri quickly sitting up properly and she complies by wrapping it around her finger crookedly. I sigh, “here, let me do it.” I peeling it off and adjusting it so it covered the whole slit. With one last rub, it was on. “Thank you.” She mumbles.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jessica’s POV

‘I wonder what Jae-Yup is doing?’ The muffled yelling of Sooyoung and Tiffany could be heard behind my thoughts. There aren’t many guys like Jae-Yup. I mean, he could be taking advantage of me, but he doesn’t seem like the kind of a person. He’s cute and a total goof, but then he’s also tough. It would be funny if I did end up falling for him for real. ‘Like in those dramas’ I giggle. I wonder how bro is... Urgh I forgot to get his shoes.

“Yo! Jessica, why are you so quiet?” Sooyoung points out from her position on the couch. “True! Are you too absrobed in thinking about your lover boy?” Tiffany cooes, followed by making kiss faces. “Oh! They got a thang going on!” Sooyoung joins in puckering her lips and rubbing her face provocatively. “Aish! You guys are so full of it!” I laugh, washing down the thought. I pull a jacket from the coat hanger and head for the door. 

“OoOoOh, you can’t stand being apart from him even for an hour.” Sooyoung dramatically poses. I could stay here forever if I was going to fight her. I head from the lobby where the hallways for the male and female dorms split. There weren’t many people hanging around, probably in their rooms providing themselves with something to occupy. 

I spot Ryeowook conveniently seated behind a desk. We haven’t encounter each other much but he’d been mentioned enough for me to know his name. “Annyeonghaseyo, could you please tell me which dorm Jae-Yup and Minho are staying in?” He nods and types away. After he clicks on a page he points to the left hallway, pushing the glasses up the bridge of his nose. I thank him and start departing the lobby to Jae- Yup’s room. ‘Number 27.’ I knock waiting for an answer but nothing. I guess they weren’t home. I anxiously kick my feet against the floor, until I feel something grazing them. 

A pair runners lying neatly beside each other and a sticky note hanging from it’s lip. “Thanks Jessica! I really wouldn’t have survived today without you :P Saranghae Chagi-yah!” <3” I can’t resist to chuckle at his cute joke.

---------------------------------------------------------

Minho POV

“Let’s go shopping!” Yuri bursts out joyfully the moment we exit out the door. Her hands spring up and she spins around, probably unused to the excitement of the Seoul at night. The streets were temptingly light with colourful signs and a homing bustle of dining couples, scouring ahjummas and smartly dress men. She points across the car cluttered road at the arcade, pouting. “No gaming.” I comment unfazed.

With some thought she speaks up again. “I need stationery, I’ll pay you back. I promise.” Hammering her fist into her other  with determination. “No, we’re going home! I need to change your name too, you don’t get how serious this could get do you?” Her name still needed to be changed, this character I had created. This ‘Jae- Yup’ that rose from the ashes of my sympathy, I was starting to regret. If she was going to stay and eventually earned a good grade in school, the credit would go to this persona under the name of ‘Jae- Yup’. Her work would be flushed and given to someone who didn’t even exist.

Her fiery ambition dwindled with every word that left my lips. “Please!” She utters one last time holding her hands in desperation, until a familiar masculine voice calls from behind us. A head of tawny gelled hair spikes above the crowd, hands waving frantically to gain our attention. “Minho! Jae - Yup!” Jonghyun waves from afar grinning madly. ‘Curse my luck.’ 

“What are you doing here?” He approaches us, fully dressed in his ‘party’ attire. The pungent scent of cologne exudes off him. Jonghyun clutches his pockets of his tight jeans leaning back casually and panning between us. Yuri looks at me worriedly, her lips itching to tell Jonghyun. My hands move up in attempt to quieten her approaching plea but she beats me to it.“I want to go shopping!” Jonghyun’s eyes gleam with delight at his newly targeted companion.

“Shopping? What a coincidence, me too! Want to go together?” I mentally laugh at the thought of Jonghyun shopping. ‘Shopping for girls at a karaoke bar’ I correct. “No, he’s going home with me.” Jonghyun looks bent on making Yuri his wing-man. His field wasn’t necessarily in a pub dancing in a sea of girl’s, more of the chaste flattery that ended him a face to talk with. No strings attached.

Jonghyun laughs and dismissed my words with a flick of his wrist. “You’re not the boss of him! Just let him come!” He starts pushing Yuri in another direction, probably whispering promises of stomach filling food. Abruptly he calls me back as I start to depart the scene to my car. “Wait Minho.” He wasn’t going to cajole me from his tone. “You have a car yeah? Come with us so you can take us home later! It’ll be a heck load of fun!” He swings his arm enthusiastically with his thumb outstretched, content that the fact I was a candidate for being his chauffeur.

Jonghyun leans closer to Yuri, loudly projecting his voice, catching the attention of some people. I slow my pace from behind and inconspicuously branch off to inspect a some feminine hair ornament stand. “Are you buying anything for your girlfriend?” An ahjumma dressed in a sweater wearing fluffy earmuffs inquires. I feel bad for picking it up and not paying for it. I shake my head and take out my wallet. I pay her a bit more than needed since her business wasn’t faring so well. 

“You have good taste. They say this one can make the one who wears it forever yours.” She smiles cheekily showing her dimples. I never really liked superstitious women, but then again she had her rights. ‘I don’t want anyone to be forever mine.’ She places it into a small plastic bag with pictures of ‘Hello Kitty’ all scribbled all over. I fold it neatly since it was over sized  and slip it into my pocket. Maybe I could bother about it later.

Yuri and Jonghyun enter various shops and eventually end up in a convenience store. They come out with stuffed cans and tins of food, offering me a popsicle as well but I decline. Yuri looked genuinely happy beside Jonghyun. They both did have the same goofy personality afterall, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that she was enjoying this, perhaps a bit too much. I catch Jonghyun’s brisk back glance and curt wave to Yuri as he runs off after a girl in the crowd.

“Aniyah! Jonghyun!” Her hands fly up in an attempt to get him back, but it’s useless. Cautiously she turns around, not so willing for our gaze to meet. “So, just me and you now. Let’s go home.” I instruct folding me arms. “What about Hyung... or Oppa?” She fumbles unsure of which pronoun to use. ‘I never realized you guys were that close.’ I retort in my mind. “He can get back himself.” 

By the time we get back the lights had returned to that dim state which reminded me of yesterday, when I still though Yuri was a boy. Everything was especially loud behind the doors of each room since it was Friday. Occasional blares of techno music or hollers that found it’s way into each room. Yuri rapidly taps my back, occasionally jabbing it with extra force. “There’s someone there!” She points across my shoulder. 

In front of our room stood an up-straight silhouette. Tapping his foot impatiently and glancing at his watch in anticipation.  Yuri stops with her path, pulling up her sleeves. ‘Don’t tell me, she thinks it’s a stalker/ robber.’ I dismiss the thought, until she interupts me. “You grab him, I’ll knee him. Deal?” She quickly closes in, but stops in her tracks as the identity of the anonymous person dawns on her. She was obviously too rash. “Aaaahhh, there you are!” 

Jo Kwon relinquishes and strides towards Yuri. “Come, come! We must hurry! It’s getting dark and I need to be out of here.” I open the door for him and they both gush in. Rubbing my hands I start to tear off my layered clothing, placing the sushi bentos carefully on the ground as I did so. Jo Kwon pulls in his trolley of clothes, all designer brands. 

“As promised Minho, I’m going to come here every so often to keep this ‘boy’ charade up.” Yuri stares wide-eyed at Jo Kwon. I never told him that she was a girl. “Oh please honey, close your mouth. You think I haven’t been doing make-overs to tell a women’s physique when I see one.” Jo Kwon snorts complacently, as she brightens up from the ‘compliment.’ “Even a flat one” Jo Kwon turns to pick out some shirts, while Yuri covers her chest area.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author Notes:

- Annyeong my friends! Long time no update, sorry. Been doing nothing lately, but wait I have! I’ve been writing my side-project fanfic ‘Gleaming Skin’ 

- Gaaaah! We shall support Jo Kwon with ‘I’m Da One!’ He’s gone and changed hair colour *sigh* He’ll stay the same in here though. :D Still love him too!

-Since I’m promoting my fanfic, it’s only right I also mention some others who have been promoting me! :)

-To inifnite fans and maybe just supporters of rare gems of fanfiction, go check out ‘Smile for me’ by Ilona. She writes so awesomely that words could not describe how much I worship her writing!

-And also to exo fans, please try out we-are-one-exo’s first fanfic. I did the cover for it hehehe XD It’s Kai and Sehun, so any fans pls go check it out! You won’t regret I promise! 

- Hang in there guys! Things will get more interesting TT_TT. Hope I'm not boring you!!

-PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! I need 5 comments to update! 

"Take care of those around you and stay healthy!"