Lie on Fire

Tomboy Roomie

 

Minho POV 

I quickly stand and quickly make a turn for Yuri's room. Wait... I need a shirt. I return and slip it on then go back to ther room. With my fists clenched I pound on the door. Slowly it creaks open and there's the Yuri from before, hoodie on and back to his......her male form. 

His...her eyes cast on the tiled floor unable to look up at me. "I'm sorry about that, I should have waited for your reply." So that girl was Yuri. "Take off your hood!" I demand and her eyes seem instilled with a mild fear. Her hands waver towards the cord but then stop in midair.

"Why should I huh? You're not the boss of me!" She firmly retaliates and her hands land on her hips. "Do it! You're a girl aren't you? You've tricked me! All this time I thought you were a boy!" She seems appalled by what I just said and releases a restrained groan. 

"Well, guess what? I'm not a boy? What are you going to do about it?" Her tone pisses me off. It rang of arrogance. It didn't need to be real, it didn't need to be fake. I hated it. "Something, but by tomorrow you won't be here. So take the hoodie off. " My voice came out more demanding than it was intended. 

"Why are you like this anyway? I apologized for walking in while you were half . You were fine with me being a boy, but not as a girl. Why's that huh? Are you one of those egotistical ist people?" Her voice dripped of a surprising venom. She seemed so friendly and welcoming before.

"I'm not being ist, have you no self respect not to be put into a room with a boy? You could have stood up and protested to be put into a male's dorm. Actually, any respect for the person who'd have to take the rumors after you move in." Even with such a good argument she seems  to have something else up her sleeve. 

"I live with a family of boys, how do you think I interact so easily with them? I fit right in, right? You even thought I was a dude. " This girl was infuriating. Everything about her right now was irritating, her clothes, her tone and especially her ego. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Yuri POV 

There he stood, demanding I take my hoodie off still. I clench the rim of the hood and pull it forcefully only revealing a small window for me to peer out. He glares at me and twitches. That sure ticked him off. Good, that meant I succeeded in adding fuel to the fire. 

"You take it off, or I make you. " I shrug my shoulders with my hands beckoning him to bring it on. He pulls up his sleeve and it's on. He wrestles me and pries the string from my fingers. I roll around, yelling and thrashing about. 

I don't care who he is. I don't care what he wants, I'm staying here for appa.....and umma. 

Suddenly there's some banging on our door and a familiar voice booms from outside. "Yah! You know what time it is? Want me to go in there and kill you both off one by one?! Huh? Be quiet! It's nearly midnight!" 

We freeze for a moment and I manage to capture him in a headlock, the one my brother was dead scared of. I lean in and whisper into his ear. "If you have a girlfriend I'm going to sabotage your relationship. " He glares at me and scoffs.

"I don't have one." Well, that was surprising. He looked like the kind of dude that was a player that would throw girls away like trash. "Girl-phobic aren't we?" A grin creeps up my face to the one reply I wasn't expecting. Silence. I burst out into a fit of giggles. Minho was seriously not replying. "Shut up!" What a low blow. We stand in that position for awhile, waiting for the other to react spontaneously to flip the situation. I'm left taking in my surrounding, maybe I could....Oh god that bed look so fluffy and warm.

Then something starts happening again. Warmth, incredibly inviting warmth. My eyelids start fluttering, my heartbeat steadying into a rhythmic beat. My grip keeps fluctuating from tight to loose. I am falling asleep. I have to end this fast. I know I'm a er for a warm bed to envelop me. "Okay, Minho. We'll work this out tomorrow. I'll willingly move out, if there are any spare dorms anywhere else. Deal?" Reluctantly his head nods.  

I didn't see his face as he left but he mutters to himself. "Country Bumpkin." 

"City Snob."

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Hi there guys! I know this may not be your most favourite chapter, but please continue to read! It gets better! Turns out this chapter was a lot faster to write than I expected. Yay! I wrote most of this chap while I was on a long trip to the country. Gosh it was pretty but  foggy and cold. I feel like Yuri the way I described her. My fingers are like fish-sticks and my teeth kept chattering. Ironic huh? XD

Thank you again for your support. I think I've said this so many times and I'm so sorry if I forgot to write a personal thank you message on your wall or if you get annoyed.  Every message is a great energizer to make my fingers type so please comment, subscribe and I can guarantee that the next chapters will come faster XD