I'm A Boy, Not A Girl!

Our Little Secret (Maid-Sama Inspired)

 

 
 

"MANAGER-NIM! I will–WHAT????" Chanyeol exaggeratedly shouted as he tried not to make his nostrils be the same size of his eyes which were now about to go out of his eye sockets. He took a deep breath to calm himself down, but it's of no use as he just felt the annoyance grew bigger. 

 
He know he shouldn't be shouting at their manager or else he'd be kicked out of his job, but who in their right minds would stay calm if you heard the announcement, much like an unbreakable order, that you'd be going to cross-dress as a y girl chick because the cafe you were working at is short of female employees?! And much more, why just HIM? And why HIM out of all the male staffs?
 
"Calm down, Mr. Park," Suho said, gesturing him to sit down in which he reluctantly did. "It's a win-win situation for you. Either cross-dress, or lose your job." 
 
"B-but..."
 
"Why you out of all the male staffs?" Suho caught his thoughts because he wasn't able to tell them out of shock. Chanyeol weakly nodded his head. "Because you're the newest addition here. Forgive my term but I was wrong for choosing you. I should have chosen a girl."
 
Chanyeol's fist curled into a ball as he tried to calm himself. 
 
Look, Yeol, they're just clothes, anyway... he told himself.
 
"I don't have a choice, do I?" he asked I'm defeat.
 
Suho's ears seemed to clap together with his hands upon hearing Chanyeol's retreat. His lips secretly formed a wicked smile as he drew the rim of wine glass onto his lips. He heard Chanyeol sigh.
 
"Good. But don't worry, you'll get 30 percent increase if you made your job perfectly. I mean, be girly and all. Your voice is not a problem at all. You know girls who have deep voices, right? Let them think you're one of those."
 
"Manager-nim, it looks like you have planned this all along." Chanyeol concluded.
 
Smart boy, Suho thought. But he wouldn't let the younger know his plan, would he?
 
"Plan? Of course! It would be of the cafe's benefit." Suho safely said then flashed him a genuine smile.
 
Yeah, of course. It's not as if he'd get something from me, right? And 30 percent increase! It'll be fine... Chanyeol thought.
 
Chanyeol nodded and excused himself. Now that he knew what his fate would be inside that cafe in the next few days, he suddenly felt exhausted.
 
As he walked out of the manager's office, he sat down on the staff's room and was yanked down onto thinking deeply. Can he manage to dress like a girl? Much more, act like one? What if while serving a customer, he'd trip and spill the orders on the customers? He didn't want that to happen!
 
"YO~!" 
 
Chanyeol jumped off his seat and held his chest. "Yah! What?! What do you need?!" he arrogantly asked, glaring at the one who shocked him.
 
"Sorry, hyung! Your mind seemed to be out of this world... What did manager-nim tell you?" Sehun curiously asked. Beside him was Luhan who was grinning at him. Chen and Kai were busily serving the customers along with the other staffs and it was their break time so they could rest and be lazy around.
 
"Manager-nim told you something, right? What is it?" Luhan asked.
 
Chanyeol sighed, contemplating whether to tell them or not. Well, come to think of it, they'd surely know it the next day, though. He covered his face with his palms before he started to talk.
 
"I–I'llbeagirlstartingtomorrow!" he said, eating his own words upon feeling his cheeks flush in shame.
 
"Huh? What?" Sehun asked.
 
Chanyeol bit his lip and faced his co-workers. 
 
"I said... Manager ordered me to cross-dress as a y girl starting tomorrow because this cafe is lacking girl staffs... So instead of firing me, he just ordered me to dress like one..." 
 
Seconds passed and silence filled the entire room. He was expecting laughers and mockings but he didn't hear one. Instead, he felt them tap his shoulders in sympathy.
 
"So... He's doing it again." Luhan said.
 
"What do you mean?" he asked, curious. What did he mean by 'again'?
 
"Power tripping! You know... Manager-nim really loves that. If you caught his attention, expect the unexpected! He used to power-trip me before. He asked me to... well, he asked me to be a dancer of this cafe while being a waiter before after he learned that I love to dance." Sehun laughed after hearing his hyung's unfortunate order.
 
"He's weird, huh... Oh, ! Break time's over. Need to go, bye!" he said as he quickly put on his apron and marched outside the room. As soon as he went outside, Chen grabbed him by the arm and told him something that made his mood even worse.
 
"Chanyeol-ah, son of the owner's requesting you to personally serve him. Table number 12." then he left him to serve other customers.
 
"Owner's son... He must be responsible for that!" he murmured to himself as he forced his legs to walk over to the man who was now on the number one spot on his list of most hated people. As soon as he reached the said table, Kris automatically lifted his face from the magazine he was reading and flashed him a smile.
 
"Hello, Pres! 'Sup?" he coolly greeted.
 
Chanyeol fought the urge to whack his head with the menu he was holding.
 
"You... Did you ask the manager to do that?" he asked in a low tone, controlling himself to punch the guy.
 
"Do what?" he innocently asked. He gestured him to sit and he obliged.
 
"To make me cross-dress as a girl?" 
 
Kris's face lit up. "Really? He did that?"
 
Chanyeol lightly smacked the table. "Don't pretend to be innocent! You're the owner's son, and yesterday you just told me you'll bug me. Is that a part of it?" he angrily asked.
 
"Sad to say, pres, I'm not in the position to make orders that concern our business. I'm just a student, you know." Kris answered.
 
Chanyeol stiffened. He had a point. Maybe he was just being paranoid. 
 
"S-sorry. I seem to vent my annoyance towards you..." he apologized. He stood up and asked for his order.
 
"It's okay. Well then... Hmmm... Two cups of large latte, two orders of mocha cake slices, and two orders of waffles!" Kris said and went back on reading his magazine. His brows furrowed a bit.
 
"Two orders for each? You're that glutton, or you're waiting for someone? A date, perhaps?" he managed to ask. Upon realizing how nosy he looked like, his face turned pale and scolded himself.
 
Kris's lips formed a teasing smile. "Curious, eh? Or was that jealousy that I heard?" he teased. Chanyeol's face became reddish.
 
"What–what are you talking about, huh! I was just asking because you ordered a lot when it was just you sitting there. Don't flatter yourself! I–I'll take your order now. Be right back!" Chanyeol defensively said and walked on a fast pace. He didn't know, too, why he asked that stupid question. It's not as if it was his business to know it, right?
 
When Kris's orders were ready, Chanyeol was contemplating himself whether he would be the one to give them, or just ask Kai or Sehun to do so. As he was about to do so, he glanced at Chen and read through his eyes that he should be the one to do it since he was tasked to do so. He sighed and slowly walked, so slow that customers were already looking at him. 
 
When he finally reached that table, Kris quietly gestured him to sit down and he reluctantly did. "Why?"
 
Instead of answering him, Kris placed a cake slice in front and gave him a fork. "What's this?"
 
"Eat. I'm ordering you to eat with me." Kris said and placed the latte and waffle in front of him too. 
 
"What? I'm not allowed to eat with a customer while working!" he protested. He glanced at his co-workers and saw their teasing smiles. Chanyeol bowed his head in embarrassment.
 
What's with this guy that he loved to tease me? he asked himself.
 
"Nah. This is a part of your work, too. I'm a VIP customer here and I commanded you to eat with me." Kris answered. Chanyeol glared at him. "Whoa–are you still thinking I was the one who ordered Suho to do that to you?"
 
"No. I was just thinking why you suddenly wanted to eat with me. You're not planning anything bad, are you?" he prankly asked.
 
"What benefit would I get from doing something bad to you?" 
 
Chanyeol felt embarrassed. Yeah, what is it, really? He bowed his head down and grabbed the fork and started eating half-heartedly, totally ignoring Kris despite his order to answer his every questions. My, he bombarded him a lot of questions!
 
"Starting tomorrow, you'll thank me, dear cousin..." Suho murmured to himself as he adjusted his glasses and went back inside his office.
 
Kai, who overheard their manager along with Chen, grip onto the older's arm. "Manager sure is weird..." he whispered. Chen nodded his head then shrugged his shoulders.
 
"Maybe he noticed something that we didn't..." Chen mysteriously said that left Kai into deep thoughts.
 
 

 

 
 
[120715] A/N: finally updated after a month! Haha! Too busy(?) with college and watching anime *facepalm* I'm now watching Skip Beat! and yeah I know I'm sooooo late for watching it just now XD Odd part is, I'm kind of pissed off with that Kyoko girl... D_____O
 
OhMiGosh Chanyeol's uniform starting tomorrow will be y girl's uniform? Say WHAAAAAAT? XDD I can imagine Kris drooling! Woof–woof!
 
Seeya on the next chappieeeeee~~~!!!!!! :)