Night walk

Class Love

After unpacking half of my bags, I went and took a shower. After changing into some comfortable clothes, I was drying my hair in a towel as I walked downstairs towards the good smell. “Mmmm… smells so nice!” I said as I leaned in towards the kitchen. Emmo looked at me and smiled. “I’m glad that someone still appreciates my cooking,” she gave a glance towards Taemin, who smiled meekly, “I just don’t like the taste of the fish soup~” I laughed. *His taste for food has remained the dame.* He turned his head to look towards my direction. “Wow. You in wet hair makes you look different. Nice~” he winked at me as he took a seat in front of the TV. I rolled my eyes and turned back to emmo, “do you need any help with the food?” She shook her head, “No, I’m fine. The soup just needs to boil and I just need to prepare a couple of side dishes and we can eat. Oh, why don’t you and Taemin have a walk around outside? He can help you show you around.” I hesitated as I looked at Taemin who was so intent in watching a cartoon. “But Taemin is…” I began, but emmo had already placed a jacket around him and had pushed him towards the door. “Go show _____ around the area. Come back in around an hour.” Taemin nodded and pulled on my hand, “Let’s go before she kicks us out!” I smiled and followed him.

 

The night air was fresh and a little cool. I shivered as I covered my bare arms. Taemin looked over my direction and took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders. “It’s okay, you wear it,” I said as I looked at his thin tank top. “Pfft, I’m fine. Besides, In wouldn’t want you to get a cold. It’s your first day of school tomorrow and I have already told all my friends about you.” I gave him a puzzled look, “You did? Why?” He glanced in my direction and smirked. “My friends looked at our picture, you know, the ones we took together in middle school. They then asked me about you and I told them that you would be coming soon.” I lightly slapped my palm on my forehead. He laughed, “Don’t worry; you definitely didn’t disappoint me when I first saw you today. And trust me, I have very high expectations on girls.” I lightly punched him in the arm, “You’re such a loser.” He rubbed his arm and pouted.

 

As we were walking, Taemin showed me around the place and pointed at various shops. We stopped at one convenient store and he pulled me into the shop. He started to look at the various ice blocks that were there. He picked one up and faced me, “Which flavour do you want?” I held up my hand and said, “Taemin-ah, we are going to have dinner soon. I don’t think that we should have any ice blocks.” He rolled his eyes and laughed, “What are you, my mum? Don’t worry, we just don’t have to tell the witch and have a lot of dinner so that she doesn’t notice.” He then picked up a strawberry one and nodded towards me, “You used to love this one.” I nodded and he went to the front to pay for them. *He’s so bad~* I shook my head and bowed to the owner and walked out.

We were enjoying our ice blocks, when Taemin suddenly stopped walking. I looked back at him and he pulled me behind a large wall. “Ouch!” I cried as his strong hold on my arm hurt me, “What are you doing?” I asked him. “Ssshhh!” he hissed and pointed his finger. I slowly followed gaze to where he was pointing at. Underneath a nearby lamp post, a boy stood with a girl. They were talking about something and the girl appeared to be crying. I focused on the girl. She seemed to be pleading something to the guy. I shifted my gaze to the guy. His appearance stunned me. I couldn’t see his face from the front, but he had an amazing side view. His face had sharp features, highlighted by his perfect jaw line. He seemed to be smirking as he pushed away her hands that were clinging to him. I turned across to Taemin. He was staring at the two people intently as well. I gently nudged him. “Hey, who are they?” He turned towards me and whispered, “That guy is Jonghyun. He is the school captain of our school. He is also one of the kingkas. That guy’s perfect. He has good grades and all the teachers even like him. He is completely popular amongst the girls, and he just loves to flirt. I hang out with him and I’m one of his friends, so I am very familiar with his relationship cycles.” I turned back towards the two people. “He’s probably dumping her, and she is probably giving her all to cling onto him,” said Taemin as he smirked, “you’ll see him tomorrow. Just watch out, you never know when you’ll fall for him as well.” He gave me a wink and continued walking the other direction. “Come _____, we can go the other way.” I took one look at the guy and turned to follow Taemin. *Wow, what a jerk. I’m definitely not going to fall for him.*