The Cat Called Dragon

I Found Your Cat

 

In the dead of the night with the gentle breeze coming in, all that Bom wanted to do was to get some sleep. She felt tired from all the stress and pretending at school and at home. In her sleep, Bom dreamt. A spring landscape with delicate colors of every flower imaginable. It was a world she created with her fingertips. Yet she was all alone. Cold wind brushed by her cheeks. And that was when she woke up.

 

"It's cold." she thought as she rubbed her eyes open. "Aigo, what time is it anyway? There's still school tomorrow..."

She pulled her soft blanket towards her chin and forced herself to return to her dreamland. But she felt something inside the room. A presence. Someone was watching her.

"Is this still part of my dream?" she thought as her sleepy eyes tried to adjust to her room's darkness. Then she heard it. A strange voice. There was someone in her room.

"Noona, I want more of your cookies."

"I'm not dreaming anymore." Bom thought as she felt a sudden shiver down her whole body. She bolted upright and when she opened her eyes, she tried hard not to scream. In front of her was a white ghostly figure. It was hovering at least a foot away from her. From Bom's position, she could see through the figure. While keeping her eye to the figure's deep blue eyes, she slowly backed away until she felt the headboard hit her back.

The figure's eyes followed the scared girl. He reached for Bom's scared hands but it just went through her. Bom jerked her hand away. "It's icy cold." she thought.

"G-go away!" Bom stuttered. She pulled her blanket closer to her huddled body.

"Noona~ I'm hungry.. I haven't had my dinner yet." the figure said and rubbed his tummy.

"Is this ghost going to take me away? Is it my time already?" Bom thought as she stared through the figure. Her eyes lingered at the figure's neck and she noticed a blue collar hanging by his neck. "The cat?" she thought. She squinted her eyes to get a better look.

"Noona, I'm hungry..." the figure repeated and went closer to Bom.

"Don't eat me.. please!"the scared Bom pleaded. The figure stopped moving and burst out laughing.

"Noona what do you think of me?" he said in between fits of laughter. "I don't eat people~ I'm a person too you know?"

"What are you really?" Bom said as she backed more to the corner of her bed. She noticed a glistening pendant that hung on the figure's collar. It read 용. "D-dragon?"

"I don't really know how I ended up like this.. I told you, I'm lost." The figure said with a frown. The moonlight reflected on his translucent platinum white hair and milky white skin. His blue eyes gleamed in the darkness.

"So...you were the cat?" Bom slowly asked.

"Ne." he answered and smiled. "Noona~ talking to you made me forget my hunger."

"Don't call me noona." Bom snapped.

"What's your name then?" he asked and sat on the edge of her bed.

"You don't need to know!" She answered and with her right leg she tried to kick the figure out of her bed. But it had no effect, her leg just went through and all she felt was the icy cold sensation.

"It's no use noona... I have no sense of touch.." the figure's voice trailed off with a hint of sadness as he stood up.

"Call me Bom." she sharply said but avoided eye contact with the figure. She felt a sense of pity towards the strange figure in her room. The figure smiled at her and extended his white hand. Bom just looked at his hand refusing to touch it and feel the icy numbness again . "Mianhe, Bom, I keep forgetting I can't touch." he said and withdrew his hand.

Bom ignored him and lied down again. "Go away. Go away. Go away." she said to herself and closed her eyes shut. "I want my slumber!"

"Yah~ Bom talk to me~~." he said and hovered above her again. Bom continued to ignore him and pulled her blanket over her face.

"Don't ignore me. I'm feeling lonely..."

His words hit Bom hard. She knew the feeling of loneliness. "I've been lonely my whole life. I know that feeling." she bitterly thought. She pulled back her blanket and looked at the figure. "I wasn't ignoring you.. I just don't know what to call you." Bom lied.

"Oh, but I don't know my name either." he replied and thought about it. Their eyes met.

"Dragon." Bom replied and smiled at him -- a genuine smile she hasn't made for a long time.

He didn't reply. He just stared in awe at the beautiful girl in front of him.

"Mwo? You don't like it?" She scowled and eyed the figure up and down.

"Aniyo... It's just you're very pretty when you smiled." he replied. "And I really like the name Dragon~! It fits me right?"

Bom felt herself blush. She covered her reddened cheeks with her cold palms and glared at Dragon. She felt the warmth of her cheeks. "How could a dragon fit a cat?" she answered back.

"Aishh.. what a pretty girl with bad attitude." Dragon muttered under his breath. He made his way towards her window and stared outside. The moon was out of its hiding place and was guarding the neighborhood. Dragon looked up at the moon. "It's hard to get used to this kind of existence. I can't remember anything, not even my name or where I came from. I was probably someone like you before, Bom." he said while lost in the maze of his own thoughts.

"Dragon, so you were once a living person too?" Bom asked and stared right through him again. The open window was letting the playful midnight breeze in and Dragon's hair danced along to it.

"I probably was. After all, even if I have no sense of touch.. I still have feelings." he replied and looked back at Bom who was still on her bed. "And tonight, I really feel very happy because I finally have a friend." he smiled at her.

Bom blushed and furrowed her brows. "Pabo cat.." she thought and looked away. When she glanced back to Dragon, she saw the windows shut closed and Dragon was gone. She felt something warm and furry curled up on her legs.

"Meoww~"

Bom hesitated at first but she patted the cat's body before saying, "Good night Dragon" and went back to her deep slumber. In Bom's dreams it was the same scenery again, but this time she wasn't alone. She glided through her own world with the cat by her side. And she felt carefree.

~~


Annyeong~ thank you for taking time to read my story *bows*

I know this might sound confusing to the readers, but I'll explain it the best I can. Dragon has two forms~ the cat and the ghostly figure (it has a proper name but I won't spoil you on that.) When his ghostly figure is not present, it means that Dragon is inside the cat meaning the cat can talk and stuff. But when Dragon's ghostly figure is present and Bom can see him, then the cat is just an ordinary cat.

That's his two form, one that is from the physical world (the cat) and one that is supernatural (ghostly figure)

Why there is the need for two forms, I'll explain in the succeeding chapters. I hoped I explained it well and didn't confuse you even more. >.<

And lastly, please comment and subscribe if you liked my story!