Realization

Hey Rich Jerk, I Love You!

Finally, it was the day. The PLEDIS exams have started and all the students from different departments were either writing down answers or looking for one.

You were in the arts department hall full of other arts students. The first part of the exam was a knowledge test. They gave you pictures of famous paintings and you had to write as many facts you knew.

After two hours, the teachers collected the answer sheets and let you all have your lunch break. You were about to go into the cafeteria but you got pulled away by Lay.

"Hey!" You struggled out of his grip and he released you. "What do you want?" You sourly asked, snapping just because you couldn't get your daily morning nap.

Lay awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "Uh...Thanks for yesterday.." He mumbled. You were taken aback. You hadn't expected him to thank you at all.

"No problem! Don't' be too hard on yourself. Usually, the TURTLE title belongs to Yoonju or that Baekho guy over there." You smiled and pointed at your friends who were walking towards the both of you.

Lay nodded and blushed a little but you didn't noticed it.

You smiled and patted his shoulder, walking over to your friends. As you walked past Lay, a pair of hands s around your waist and hugged you tightly.

"Omo!" You jumped and glanced back. Your cousin, JR was innocently smiling at you. "Yah!" You snapped, playfully fighting with him.

Your other friends laughed at the two of you. "JR hyung fighting!" Ren cheered and Yoonju pushed him, "Ara jjang~" You tapped JR's shoulder ran away, laughing.

"Seriously, I can't believe they're two of the most popular kids. They look like losers." Baekho clucked his tongue. "Well at least they're not dumb like the two of you." Aron laughed and hi-5 Ren and Minhyun.

Yoonju and Baekho gasped dramatically, "Puh-lease~ We're so~ smart. Right?" Baekho asked Yoonju who was zoning out again. "Yes very smart. Short attention span and Mr. Drama freak." Ren joked and ran away with Minhyun and Aron, laughing.

Lay watched you and your friends interact and started to feel something new. He didn't know what that was but he knew that he didn't liked it when JR hugged you.

*Is he her boyfriend?* He asked himself. Lay frantically shook his head, *Who cares. Not me. Tsk.* He flipped his hair and entered the cafeteria.

After playing around under the warm sun, you and your friends headed to the cafeteria as well. "Save me a seat, I'll get you your food." JR told you and went off to queue up.

You nodded and went to the usual table you and your friends sat at. It was a round table right beside the vending machine and had 7 chairs stuck onto it. Just perfect you, Yoonju, JR, Ren, Minhyuk, Baekho and Aron.

Soon, one by one, your friends came and sat down with their food. JR gave you your chicken cutlet and sat down beside you.

"So how was the knowledge test?" JR asked you. You were the only one taking up art among them since the six of them were all music students.

"It was okay I guess. That fast revision in the toilet really helped. I only realized now that Mona Lisa didn't have any eyebrows." You laughed at yourself and they followed.

"You're such a fail." Baekho remarked and you nodded in agreement. "Says the guy whose pants tore during the splits." Yoonju laughed and hi-5 you.

You clapped your hands and started laughing like a mad woman. "Yah Ara, don't laugh at me!" Baekho whined and you laughed even more, imagining how Baekho looked at that moment.

"You have some sauce here." JR said and wiped it away with his finger. "Thanks." You smiled and continued to chat with your friends.

Ever since Lay saw you enter the cafeteria, his eyes were set on you. His fingers clenched into a fist when he saw JR buying you food and sitting down next to you.

But he freaked out when he saw where JR's' fingers were heading to. He had to control himself to not go over and wipe away the sauce for you instead of him.

"Lay, dude, you okay? You look kinda green." Kris asked. Lay looked away and faked a laugh, "Of course I am!" "O..kay then." His friends gave him weird looks but he didn't care.

He asked himself why he was even being jealous in the first place. His eyes rounded and he slowly started to know why. When he first knew that it was you who had found him, his heart fluttered and he kept on thinking about you.

Even during the exam, when he was dancing to his routine, all he thought was you. That was why his teacher praised him of 'feeling the mood'.

Now he got it. The reason why he blushed when you smiled at him. The reason why he got mad when he saw JR hugging you.

*I like her. Maybe I've always liked her from the start, it's just that I didn't know about it.* Lay felt his heart jump about in places as he saw you turning back, smiling at him.

But then he saw JR pulling you back and he felt as if there was suddenly a big rock sitting on his heart. His eyebrows furrowed, *Why are they so intimate with each other?*

The bell rang and the students went back to their own department for the real exam to begin.

Lay quickly got up and walked behind you. He listened to every word JR was telling you.

"Ara, I can't walk you home today, Sorry!" JR cutely pouted and you laughed, "it's okay. I'm not a little girl anymore. Even oppa don't fetch me anymore unless I beg him like I did yesterday."

"Thanks baby girl. Good luck on your exam! Draw nice things!" JR ruffled your hair and ran off. You laughed and waved, turning to your right, bumping into Lay.

"Oh sorry." You muttered and walked to your left but he followed. You two met eyes and you laughed.

"Sorry, I'll get out of your way. You go first." You made way for Lay but he just stared at you. "Why?" He asked. "Cause you don't like me, duh." You made a face.

"No. I don't hate you." He honestly replied. Your eyes rounded, "Well I remember you saying and I quote, 'You're my first enemy!'." You gave him a tight-lipped smile and he chuckled at your sarcasm.

"Yeah but not anymore. Thanks for yesterday again." He winked at you and walked away, following JR's footsteps to the music hall.

You stood rooted at that spot, blinking non-stop with your mouth opened slightly. *H-he just w-winked... .* You push away what the back of your mind was trying to tell you.

First, you had an exam to ace so you rushed to the art hall. You entered the hall, panting loudly. The examiner clucked her tongue and shook her head, "Care to join the exam, Ms Yoo?'

You hung your head low in embarrassment and went over to your assigned seat. You warmed up your long fingers and looked at the teacher who was now waiting to announce the theme.

"Finally 1:30," She muttered and cleared . "The theme for this year's PLEDIS Art Examination is, Love." She finished and the art students racked their brains.

*Love? That's a new one. I've never drew something related to it before. Kay, I'm officially screwed.* You sighed and looked around for inspiration.

You looked out the large glass window and saw cherry blossom trees. You stared down at the palette. *Both red and pink denote love but while red is hot and passion, pink is romantic, charming and innocent. Pink conveys tenderness as well.* You recalled the facts as your brain worked like a machine.

The light bulb in your brain lit up and you smirked, finally thought of what you wanted to draw. You looked at the clock, already 5 minutes gone. *The exam ends at 5 pm so I have plenty of time. I'm gonna ace this !*

You swiftly grabbed your paintbrush and drew a few cherry blossoms tress on the canvas. But after that, you were stuck. You didn't knew what to continue drawing.

*That's right. I've never been in love before.* You bitterly smiled and thought of drawing something else. But the back of your mind kept on telling you to just draw whatever that was currently on your mind.

*Aish. it. I'll listen to you then.* You told yourself and started moving the brush.