Final

Hey Rich Jerk, I Love You!

You looked up at the clock. It was 4:45 pm but you weren't done yet. You sighed and hurried. You finally finished the painting a minute before 5. Smiling, you praised yourself, "Well done."

But your eyebrows furrowed as you examined the painting. You drew many cherry blossoms trees with the petals in pastel pink conveying the message of an innocent first love.

Then you drew a portrait of a boy in PLEDIS school uniform. His facial features seemed a lot like someone you knew. Then you drew a girl that looked a lot like you.

*This is what I want my first love to be like?* You questioned yourself and a smile grew on your face. *Yes.*

But your smile didn't last long. *Who was I thinking of when I drew this?* You questioned again. To be honest, you kept on avoiding one person which the back of your brain was answering.

*Anyone but Lay.* You told yourself but it wasn't convincing enough. *If I did liked him, I'll be the one who's getting hurt. He doesn't like me back..* Somehow, that thought made you really sad.

The teacher came and collected your art work. "Ms Yoo, I must say this painting is very deep." She complimented and you nodded your head, bending your back a little.

"The colours representing first love and those blushed on the characters really reminds of those days back then." She sighed and reminisced.

 

You walked out of the art hall with your other friends. "Ara, what did you draw?" Yooyoung asked. You just smiled and changed the subject to something else.

You weren't too sure of your feelings for Lay but you could say that you felt attracted to him before.

At that moment, your phone rang. "Hello?" You answered. "Hey Rara, how was the exam? Hard?" Yoonju asked. "It was.." You couldn't think of words to describe how you felt.

"I have many things to tell you." You said and she understood immediately. "Okay, just stay there. I'll come then we can talk." Yoonju said and hang up.

You smiled at your best friend. She may not be the smartest person you knew but she always have your back. Plus, she's adorable and totally suitable for pinching.

You waited for Yoonju at the vending machine. Lay came over and you felt your cheeks flushing red. He smiled, "Hey how was the exam?" He asked. Your tongue was tied up and your heart was hammering against your chest.

"Uhh.. good I guess." You answered and he laughed, "Mine was good too." *Oh my god, that laugh.* You sighed dreamily. "I'll see you next week then. Bye." He waved and walked away.

You smiled and slowly waved. Sighing, you shook your head. *I was right. I like him.*

Yoonju skipped over, "So.." You gave her a look and she understood immediately. "You're in love. With?" She tilted her head cutely.

"Lay." You muttered under your breath. "HOLY MOFO SAY WHAT!?" She gasped and you nodded your head.

"Since when?" She asked. "I don't know. I drew him and me during the exam and when he smiles, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. When I think of the possibility that he may not like me back, I feel like dying. Juju, what do I do!?" You asked desperately.

"Confess." She replied and your eyes rounded. "How?"

"Next week is Confession Week, remember?" She said, refreshing your memory. "Confess there? No way." You fervently shook your head. Yoonju made a face, "Then let's see if he likes you back."

"How?" You asked again. "You're one the most popular girls in this school. Surely, you'll get a lot of requests during Confession Show." She paused. "And?" You tilted your head.

"and~ if Lay likes you back, he'll surely get jealous. Right?" She asked and you slowly nodded, getting where she was going. "So, you mean that I have to make him jealous? But Confession Show is on Thursday. I don't want to wait that long." You truthfully said.

"Then start flirting with other kingkas to make him jealous." Yoonju finished. "Who? I'm close to the NU'EST guys." You said. She rolled her eyes, "Then flirt with one of them. Don't worry, I'll tell them the plan."

You nodded your head, "Thanks Juju." You hugged her and she smiled, "That's what best friends are for. Now let's go home. I'm bloody tired after dancing like a mad penguin. Honestly, I think I'm better vocally."

You laughed and agreed.

 

After a quick weekend, Monday came. You were at your seat, hugging your mini-pillow with headphones on your head, sleeping as usual. Lay came in and searched for you. He smiled when he saw you sleeping and his heart felt warm as he walked to sit beside you.

He leaned against his palm and studied your facial features. *She's really pretty.* He dreamily smiled. Yoonju looked over from the other side of the class and smiled, *Aigoo~ You guys are going to grow old together.*

During lunch break, the school's foyer was filled with screaming girls. Why? They were signing up for the Confession Show. Yoonju looked at you, gesturing to sign up but you shook your head and walked away. She rolled her eyes and followed you.

She grabbed your arm and walked together with you. "So.. I noticed something this morning." She started and you hummed in response, still not fully awake yet.

"Lay was checking you out." She finished. Your eyes rounded and you looked at her. She gave you a tight-lipped smile and nodded.

"So now what?" You asked. She shrugged, "Just continue to be yourself I guess. He'll confess to you if he really likes you. Since this week is the only time he can confess. You know the school and its ridiculous rules on dating." She advised.

She was right. You couldn't be the one confessing for certain reasons.

The school had a ridiculous rule on dating: If two of the students of the school were to date, they can only confess during Confession Week and enter their name in the couple list so that they could display PDA in school. If they don't confess by the end of the week, they had to wait another year.

School ended and the students rushed to the main hall to see their grade. You stood on your tip-toes and searched for your name.

JR came to you, smiling. "So?" He asked. "I'm too short." You pouted and he laughed. "I'll help my cute cousin." JR lifted you up by the waist.

Lay's eyes widened at the sight. *WHAT THE ARE THEY DOING!?* He clenched his fingers into a fist with jealousy. Yoonju noticed it and smirked, shaking her head.

Your face frowned and you tugged JR to let you down. "Did you get the PLEDIS title?" He asked but then he saw your expression and shut his mouth.

You sighed and shook your head, "I can't believe I got 2nd." "Aww~ It's okay! You can always do better next year!" JR cooed and hugged you.

Lay furrowed his eyebrows and felt guilty. He had gotten the PLEDIS title without even trying and when he saw you depressed, he hated himself.

You looked up and faked a smile, "I'm fine! So did Baekho got last again?" You joked and the rest laughed, thinking that you were really okay. Baekho hung his head low while Yoonju jumped in joy, "I got second last!" She beamed.

You looked around, in search for Lay. You spotted him by the corner with a girl from the dance department judging from her uniform. They were talking and laughing together and you would be lying if you said you wasn't jealous.

You rolled your eyes in jealousy and looked away. "So.. Sleepover at my house?" JR suggested. "Yes!" You and your friends cheered. JR nodded and quickly made arrangements.

You were at the vending machine, getting a drink. You were grateful that JR suggested the sleepover because you really didn't wanted to go back home without another PLEDIS crown in your hands.

Your parents always compared you to your older brother who was studying law. They've always gave him more support than to you. Of course they were more proud of your brother, a soon-to-be lawyer than a girl who was studying arts, someone who didn't know what she wanted in life.

You picked up the soda and leaned against the wall. Lay walked out of the auditorium and saw you. At first he wanted to talk to you but he remained at his spot to study you a bit.

Your phone rang and you looked at the caller ID. It was your dad, calling to ask about your position. You sighed and picked up the call, "Hello? Yeah dad, the results came out today."

You paused for a moment before continuing, "I got second."

*Another comparison.* You looked sad and was about to cry. That was what Lay thought while observing.

You bit your lips to stop yourself from making any noise. Tears spilled out of your tears without any warning as you took in all the mean things your dad was saying.

You couldn't take it anymore. You built up the courage to talk back to your dad.

"Dad, I don't care if I'm going to end up on the streets with no money or whatsoever. I enjoy drawing and I'll find a way to making a living. I don't need all that money of yours. I want to be happy in life, not to be rich. At least, I'll be living my life happily doing what I enjoy not like Seung Ho oppa." You sniffled and paused for a while, more tears spilling out.

Lay attentively listened to every words you said.

"Do you know what Seung Ho oppa wanted to be? He wanted to act, for god's sake. But no. You just had to ruin his dream so that you'll get yours. But he doesn't even complain at all, do you know that? That's because he doesn't want you to be sad. He gave up his dream so that you could achieve yours. But I won't. No, I will not risk my happiness just for someone who doesn't even care about his own children. Dad, I hate you." You finished and hang up.

You slid down the wall, crumbling into pieces. Finally, you've did it. You did something your older brother never dared to do. To stand up for himself. You proved yourself.

You noticed a pair of sneakers making its way to you. You looked up and saw Lay smiling down at you. He squatted and slowly traced his thumb across your right cheek.

He wiped away the tears on your face with his two thumbs. Your heart fastened its speed. You were already red from crying so you wondered how embarrassed you looked right then.

"Don't cry. Smile. You look really pretty when you do." He said, leaning closer to you. You could hear his breathing and your eyes rounded.

He leaned in even more and both your noses were touching. "If our lips touched, I'll consider us going out." He smirked and your lips touched.

Fireworks sparked in your mind as his lips danced with yours. *My first kiss.* You smiled at that thought and when you were finally having trouble with breathing, he stopped the kiss with a .

"So, girlfriend don't cry anyone." Lay smiled and you blushed. You hid your face inside his arms and he willingly pulled you in for a hug.

 

Okay I ed up this one big time.

I'm quite proud of this story. Quite unique if I say so myself.

Keke.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this oneshot that turned out to be a 4shot instead.

I'll be making more short stories like this so please stay tuned!

Love you guys!

MUACKZXC♥