Jason

Falling in Love with your Blind Date

 

I called JiHoo right after Roxy left. I knew what she meant. I shouldn't have done it but I didn't know she did it accidentally. I should have noticed how tight the area became after she led me to the dance floor. JiHoo answered his phone after the second ring.

 

“Hey man, what's up?” JiHoo asked, music blaring in the background.

 

“I'm going home. Roxy left,” I answered sullenly.

 

“What? What did you do?” he asked.

 

“I'll tell you tomorrow,” I said. “Bye.”

 

I hung up. I walked towards the exit and out of the building. The cold air enveloped me as I walked to my car. I got in and started the engine. I drove off as quickly as I can. I felt humiliated. I shouldn't have done it. I went too far. But she led me on, even if it was an accident. I had to release my anger on someone. Only one thing could helped.

 

I stopped my car at a place with many drunk people and the smell of smoke. I grabbed one girl and took her to a secluded place. She looked surprised, but quickly grinned because she knew what I was about to do. I backed her up to a corner and let out my frustrated feelings to her.

 

 

 

The next day was horrible. I felt really dizzy and sick like a hangover but I didn't even drink. After banging the random girl, I drove home and crashed down on my bed. I slept once I laid down on my bed. It wasn't peaceful. Nightmares flooded my sleeping mind. Her face kept popping up and I couldn't forget her expression.

 

Suddenly, my alarm clock went off. I jarred awake from my bad sleep and let out a angry growl. I grabbed the clock and threw it on the floor. My door slammed open, revealing a sleepy, angry mother.

 

“JASON! You're almost late for school!” she shouted. “GET UP!”

 

“I feel sick, Mom. Give me a break,” I said while coughing. I really was sick. “it was really cold that night.”

 

My mom hesitated. She narrowed her eyes, suspicious if what I said was right. She finally noticed my sweat-covered face and red nose. Her face changed from suspicious to concerned.

 

“Oh my poor baby. Fine, take the day off,” she said, fussing around my room for a towel to put on my forehead. “I'll bring you some medicine.”

 

She walked out of bedroom with the towel and came back with it wet. She also brought with her medicine and water. I removed the covers from my face and she carefully put the cold towel on my forehead. I shivered and sweated. I coughed and sneezed. I hated being sick but I loved how my mom was so caring and helpful. She fed me porridge and oranges for my cold. She left after feeding me saying she was gonna call the school that I was sick. I sighed. What am I going to do about Roxy? I was confused about her and my feelings. I wasn't sure about anything. I turned over and closed my eyes. As soon as I closed them, I fell into a horrible slumber.

 

My nightmare. It started in a black forest. I was running, running to nowhere. It was cold. It was raining. My hair and clothes was soaked. I continued to run. I didn't stop. It felt like I had no control over my body. Suddenly, the background changed. It wasn't raining. It wasn't cold. It was warm. My clothes were dry. Weird, I thought. In front of me was a white circle of grass. There was someone there, a person sitting in the middle of the circle. She was wearing cargo pants and a green tank top. I couldn't see her face because fog covered it. I walked closer but some invisible force pushed me back, not letting me step inside the circle. The fog cleared, revealing Roxy. She smiled evilly and said, “You shouldn't have done that, Jason.”

 

I woke up, shivers down my spine. It was a scary nightmare. The way she said my name wasn't pleasant; it was damn scary. It made me shudder every time I hear her say it. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. I sat up, wrapping my blanket around me.

 

“Who's there?” I asked in my sick voice.

 

“It's JiHoo,” a voice said. JiHoo? I thought. What is he doing here?

 

“Come in,” I said.

 

JiHoo opened the door and walked in. He noticed me wrapped in my blanket and gave me a sympathetic smile. He sat by on the edge of my bed and ruffled my hair.

 

“You look cute like that, Jason,” he said, laughing.

 

“YAH! I do not look cute. I look like a wrung out towel. I'm so tired and I had this horrible dream,” I said, sounding like a Korean.

 

JiHoo laughed. “I know. You sound like a Korean now.”

 

“How did you kn—,” I said but he cut in.

 

“Your mother told me on the phone,” he answered. “She sounded really panicky.”

 

“She did? She was calm hours ago when she was helping me,” I said.

 

“Really?” he asked. I nodded.

 

“So what did you do to Roxy?” JiHoo asked.

 

“Well it was an accident but I thought it wasn't. After you left it got awkward again. But then I asked her a stupid question and she smiled. It actually worked,” I answered. “And then I asked her to dance, she said yes and led to the dance floor. It got really tight a few minutes later and she was like so close to me and she accidentally touched me down there. I was getting hard so it made it worse.”

 

I took a deep breath and continued. “I thought that she was doing it on purpose so I started touching her . But then she just pushed me away and ran from me. I guess it was an accident.”

 

JiHoo's face was on mines the whole time I talked. “What am I going to do, JiHoo? I think I ruined everything,” I said, burying my face in my blanket.

 

“Just say sorry to her. You should have run after her,” JiHoo said. “Call her and say you wanna meet up with her. Or you can do it tomorrow because you looked horrible.”

 

I cracked a smile. He always managed to cheer me up.

 

“Thanks, JiHoo,” I said. “Grab my phone so I can call her.”

 

JiHoo got up and walked towards my backpack on the ground. He opened the little pocket that had my phone and took it out.

 

“Just throw it to me,” I said. He nodded and threw it. It went sailing into the air and landed perfectly in my hands. Once I got the phone I mentally slapped myself in the head. I didn't have her phone number! Jason, how can you not ask her for her number? I scolded myself. JiHoo noticed my distressed expression and pulled out his phone.

 

“I cannot believe the great Jason did not ask a girl for her phone number,” he said, chuckling. “Luckily I asked her.”

 

He grabbed my phone and started punching numbers in. He finished and gave me back my phone. I started looking at my contacts and found her number. I pressed the call button and waited until she picked it up. It went right into her voice mail. My face fell. I was disappointed. I had to meet her; it was the only way. I dropped my phone on the floor and laid back on my bed.

 

“She's not answering,” I stated.

 

“I know,” JiHoo said softly.

 

After a few minutes of silence, JiHoo spoke. “Meet her.”


I sat up. “What?”


“You heard me. If you really like her, meet her and say sorry,” JiHoo said. “Tell her what your real feelings are.” I stared at him for a few minutes, letting his words sink into my brain. Suddenly, I stood up and grabbed my jacket. I know doing this would probably make me sick more. But I had to confirm my feelings, and if they were real this time.

 

JiHoo didn't stop me. He simply got up and opened the door. He followed closely behind me and stayed silent the whole trip downstairs. We got in his car and we drove off in silence.

 

After 30 minutes, we were in a different neighborhood, one that I have never been into. JiHoo was reading something off a piece of paper while driving. Dangerous, I thought. Suddenly, the car stopped. We were here.

 

I gaped at the sight that was in front of me. My mouth was opened in shock as I continued staring. I quickly looked over at JiHoo and his reaction was the same as mine. I stared back at the house, no, not house but mansion. But it was bigger. It was like a castle. With its towering structure and dark walls. It was such an amazing sight. What is she? I asked myself. Is she the daughter of some billionaire or something?

 

We both quickly got over our shock and walked towards the front door. I felt intimidated by the size of the house. It was as big as my house. I gingerly pressed the door bell and a ding dong sound echoed. We waited patiently outside, tapping our foot.

 

Finally, the door slowly opened, showing a girl with blue mickey mouse pajamas and a bedhead. She slowly raised her head up. It was Roxy. What happened to her? I thought. And that thought went right out of my mouth.

 

“What happened to you?!”