Roxy

Falling in Love with your Blind Date

 

“GET. YOUR. HAND. OFF. OF. ME,” I growled, gritting my teeth in annoyance and anger.

 

“Come on, babe. You can't resist me,” Gabe said, gripping my shoulder harder. I writhed out of his tight hold but failed. I looked over at Tiffany, trapped under another guy's arms. AJ's hands were snaking around Tiffany's waist and was trying to kiss her. I made a face of disgust. Gabe suddenly cupped my face and leaned in to kiss me but I shoved his face away and stood up, his arms slacking, giving me an opportunity to slip away from his grasp.

 

He stood up, recovering, and grabbed my hand. I brought my knee up to his stomach and kicked him hard. His hands immediately wrapped around his stomach, howling in pain.

 

“Good thing it wasn't lower or else I would have kicked harder!” I shouted, clearly mad and annoyed. I went over to Tiffany and kicked AJ's leg. I took Tiffany's hand and dragged her to the door. I opened it and came face-to-face with Jason and JiHoo, both clearly looking shocked and awed. I gasped and looked down, feeling my face heat up.

 

“You didn't see that, right?” I said, hoping he would say no.

 

“You mean when you kicked that guy's stomach and the other guy's leg? Yeah, we didn't see anything,” Jason answered, winking.

 

I blushed a little more. “Sorry. Anyway let's get outta here.”

 

I hesitantly took his hand and ran out of the art major building. I looked at Jason, who was staring at Tiffany and JiHoo. I could see jealousy in his eyes. I watched at Tiffany and JiHoo. They're perfect for each other, I thought, a mix of sadness and happiness in my heart.

 

“Jealous?” I whispered to Jason. He turned to me and I smiled a little.

 

“You are too,” he said softly. I was taken aback by his response. I sighed lightly so he wouldn't hear it.

 

“I know,” I murmured. “Come on, let's go somewhere else.”

 

I dragged him to the cafeteria and told him to wait. I went in line and crossed my arms. I could sense the stares I was receiving by the football team behind me. Ugh, talk about erts, I thought. I heard them whisper and talk about my and frowned. Guys these days, I thought again, shaking my head slightly. I finally got what I wanted and walked over to Jason, who looked really irritated. I shrugged it off and gave him the drink. I opened mines and took a sip.

 

“How do you know?” Jason suddenly asked. I almost choked on my drink but managed to swallow it down. I looked at him, completely confused.

 

“How did you know I like Sprite?” he repeated.

 

“Oh,” I said, pausing to think. “Instinct.”

 

I heard him chuckle softly. He doesn't believe me? I thought in disbelief. When I was buying the sodas, I just had the feeling that he liked Sprite. It felt weird and odd.

 

Jason cleared his throat. “Wanna go somewhere else?”

 

I sipped my drink, looking at him over the can. “Huh? Where?”

 

He smiled, a mischievous glint in his eyes. “I'll tell you when we get there,” said Jason. He grabbed my hand and ran outside the campus. I stared at him, alarmed and afraid, but it quickly changed into a happy and warm feeling. I knew this would get me in so much trouble later, but I wanted this. I looked at our hands, intertwined together like a puzzle piece. I smiled. I had this elated feeling in me, bubbling and growing. I wanted to stop it. That I shouldn't feel this way. But for the first time, I trusted him to lead me.

 

As we passed by some students, they started whispering when they saw us. Crap! I forgot about the rumors, I thought, panicking. This would totally be blown out of proportion. And the newspaper! In our school, we had a newspaper like the ones that are sold in stores. It was all about the school and its events and most importantly, gossip. Rumors, scandals, they were all in the newspaper. I knew from the moment they started taking out their phones and cameras, we would be in the front cover. I tried my best to hide from the blinding flashes that kept coming out from every direction. I sighed. I tightened my hold on Jason and ran faster. We rounded a corner and arrived at a deserted place. There was a cute little coffee shop with a pale pink roof. We went inside, a bell ringing and the smell of coffee reaching my nose. I inhaled in the aroma and breathed out. I turned my head to look around the place. I gasped at every little thing. The place was so unique and uncommon. I couldn't find enough words to describe the place. It felt rare and extraordinary.

 

“What do you think?” Jason asked me.

 

“It's. . .it's amazing!” I gushed, bouncing on my toes.

 

Jason ruffled my hair. “Cute.”

 

“YAH! Don't do that!” I cried. “You're gonna mess up my hair.”

 

“Since when do you care about your hair?” he asked. I thought about it a little. He was right about that. I rarely care about my hair unless it was a special occasion. Right now, being with him, it was a special occasion.

 

“True that,” I lied.

 

“Let's go order and I'll introduce you to my friends that work here,” Jason said.

 

I nodded. “Okay,” I said. We both went to the counter and Jason started ordering. I caught in the corner of my eye the cashier guy smirking at Jason. Does he know Jason? I thought. He must be one of his friends. I looked at Jason and caught him glaring at the guy. I heard Jason order the specials and told me to find a seat for us and sit down. I nodded and left. He must have wanted to talk to him, I thought.

 

I found a seat and sat down, waiting. I glanced at Jason still at the counter talking to the cashier guy. I wonder what they're talking about, I thought. I looked out the window and at the deserted street. How can anybody not notice this shop? I got bored and looked down on the table and tapped my fingers on the smooth surface. I noticed a shadow coming closer and looked up. I smiled.

 

“What took you so long?” I asked, lowering my head when he sat down.

 

“I had to take care of unfinished business,” responded Jason. I nodded and the table became silent. After a few minutes, a waiter came and gave us two iced mocha frappes and fries. I got my frappe and took a sip. It was so good! I drank a little more and ate some fries. I stared out the window again and took in the surroundings. I looked at Jason and saw him look around. Why is he doing that? I thought, confused at his actions. Suddenly, Jason started whistling a tune from a song, softly then louder. I opened my mouth and sang the full first verse. I closed my eyes and drifted off. The background noise and everything else disappeared except for Jason whistling the tune. I kept singing until the song ended. I opened my eyes to see people clapping and cheering. My ears registered to the sounds emitting from their mouths. I blinked once, twice, and finally absorbed what was happening. I looked around, still hearing the cheers and whistles. After a minute, the clapping faded in the background. Jason smiled at me while I looked down in embarrassment, biting my lip.

 

“That was great! I didn't know you can sing,” Jason grinned.

 

“No, it wasn't,” I muttered but I was still happy and proud.

 

“Maybe you should sing more,” Jason suggested.

 

“Um, no it's—”

 

“Miss, can I talk to you for a second?” a deep voice asked. I turned and looked up. A middle-aged man wearing a dark suit was staring at me with a kind smile. I stared at him uncertainly, not sure if I should go or not. I decided to go with him since he didn't look that suspicious.

 

“ Um, sure,” I replied, a tint of doubt in my voice. I got up and followed him to another room labeled as the employees only room. He closed the door behind him and motioned me to sit down on one of the comfy couches. He sat down on the opposite couch and laced his fingers together.

 

“I know you might feel a little weird after being called out here, but I'm here to give you a big opportunity,” the man said. “I'm Mr. Han, the manager of this coffee shop.”

 

“Okay. . . so why did you call me out?” I asked. He ignored my question but gave me a small card, like the ones business people use. I read the card and gasped. My mouth remained an O for a whole minute. I couldn't believe. . . this guy actually. . . . I looked up and saw Mr. Han's amused expression. He leaned back and observed me with a thin smile. I looked back at the card and read it again, making sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

 

“How is it possible—“

 

“That a guy like me works for them?” Mr. Han finished my sentence. I nodded weakly.

 

“Well, I only have this shop to scout people. But no one ever comes to this shop because it's hidden until you came. I should thank Jason for it,” he answered, smiling more.

 

“So you're like incognito?” I asked.

 

“Yes,” he replied.

 

“And you're. . . scouting me?” I asked, a little reluctantly because I didn't want to believe it.

 

He nodded. “Yes, you have the talent that many envy. If you join our agency, you will definitely be a top star!”

 

“Do I have to move if I say yes?” I asked.

 

“Yes, under any circumstances you cannot stay here when you're working for us,” he answered.

 

I processed this into my mind. I didn't want this to happen. Singing was a secret. Nobody but me and my parents knew about this. Now everybody might know about it. Part of me wanted to do this while the other wanted to keep it as a secret. I looked down and thought carefully. I finally made a choice.

 

“Sorry, but I won't accept your offer, Mr. Han,” I answered with renewed confidence. “I have lots more things to do here.”

 

“It's unfortunate, but I will have to accept it,” said Mr. Han with a disappointed face. “Thank you for using your time to talk to me.”

 

I bowed. “No, I should be thanking you. You gave me a wonderful offer that nobody should reject, but I did.”

 

Mr. Han laughed out a deep laugh. “Well, we should get going. I have a shop to manage. And tell Jason I said hi.”

 

I nodded and smiled. We left the room and went separate ways. I walked back to where Jason was sitting and nudged the table. He had his head down but looked up when the table moved.

 

“Kei, if you're again—“ he said but stopped quickly when he saw me. I looked at him, utterly confused.

 

“Kei? Who's that?” I asked, sitting down.

 

Jason quickly answered, “Um, nothing. Just a friend.”

 

I nodded, even though I was still curious. I couldn't help but wonder who Kei was. His friend? I thought. He said again so Kei must have been here. I put my hand on the chin and looked outside. Again, a silence filled the table. I sighed softly. Why is it so awkward and quiet? I thought.

 

Suddenly, Jason spoke. “Tell me about yourself,” he said. His words cut through the silence like a knife. I winced a little at his seemingly loud voice.

 

My mouth dropped. “You wanna know about me?” I asked, surprised.

 

“Yeah, don't leave out anything,” said Jason, nodding.

 

“You want to know everything?” I asked, still shock by his statement.

 

“Come on, tell me already!” cried Jason and pouted. I'm guessing he did an aegyo when he was doing weird expressions. I don't know if it supposed to impress me or make me laugh. I just burst out laughing at his face.

 

“Dude, that was a fail! Where did you learn that from?” I said, still laughing.

 

“HEY! For your information, I learned that from my maids and it works on them!” insisted Jason.

 

“Yeah, on them,” I replied and laughed. He pouted and stuck out his tongue. I stuck out mines and giggled.

 

“Anyway, let's stop. Do you want me to tell you or not?” I went on.

 

“Yes, ma'am,” he said, nodding quickly. I nodded back and was about to speak when he interrupted.

 

“Wait, wait! I have an idea!” said Jason, flailing his arms to get my attention.

 

“What is it?” I asked, a bit annoyed that he interrupted.

 

“I'll ask questions about you and you answer them,” Jason answered.

 

“Okay, fine. Let's go with that,” I agreed, since the idea was much better. “That way I only talk a little bit.” I didn't want to be the only one talking.

 

“First question. How old are you?” Jason asked.

 

“17,” I answered.

 

“What do your parents do?”

 

“Owners of their own company,” I said with pride in my voice. Jason nodded at her answer.

 

“When's your birthday?”

 

“August four.”

 

“Favorite food?”

 

“Crabs.”

 

“That's my favorite food too!” Jason gasped, smiling widely. I grinned back and gave him a high-five.

 

“Favorite color?”

 

“Purple and black.”

 

“Favorite subject?”

 

“Math and reading.”

 

“Favorite drink?”

 

“Sprite.”

 

The whole conversation continued for more than half an hour. I felt like I was telling him my life story or something. But it was actually nice, telling someone everything about yourself. It was like pouring your feelings out. We finally had something to talk about, even though it wasn't a normal conversation.

 

We were almost to the end and his last question really surprised me. I mean, who would ask that kind of question?

 

“Are you a ?” Jason asked, making me widen my eyes and look away.

 

“W-what? What are you talking about?” I stammered, blushing.

 

“Are you a ?” he asked again, a smile tugging in the corner of his mouth. I was speechless and stumped. I couldn't believe he would ask that question! I didn't know if I should lie or not. Oh well, I have nothing to lose. Maybe he'll get jealous, I thought. That means he likes me.

 

“Yes,” I answered, looking down.

 

It was quiet then he asked, “Who was it?”

 

Really? I thought. Why would he ask that? Is he jealous? I looked up and met his eyes. The way he looked at me gave me the answer.

 

I immediately answered, “Um, I don't want—.”

 

“Roxy? Is that you?” a deep voice that I recognized said. I gulped. No, no, no, no. It can't be, I thought. I slowly looked up and stared at his face, the face I had seen five days ago. Why is he here? Didn't I make it clear that he shouldn't see me anymore?

 

“Roxy? Is that you? Thank goodness, we need to—“ he asked again, but I stood up and ran out of the shop. I just ran and ran to a place where I can hide and cry. Thankfully, I was a good runner or else Jason would have caught up with me. I knew Jason would run to get me. I had seen his face, anger and jealousy all combined. As I ran tears were running down my face, some of them landing on the ground. I kept running until I reached an alley. Behind me I could hear Jason's voice, shouting my name. I went to the farthest corner and cried silently, hoping Jason wouldn't hear me.

 

“Roxy! Where are you?” screamed Jason. I gasped softly as he said my name. I tried not to sniff but I couldn't help it. Snot was running down my nose. I didn't want to wipe with it my hands. The next thing I knew, Jason was beside me, kneeling down to meet my face.

 

“Roxy? What's wrong?” Jason asked. “Please tell me.”

 

I shook my head. “I-I can't. P-please h-help me,” I sobbed.

 

“What do you mean? Roxy calm down and tell me,” said Jason, rubbing my back.

 

I cried and cried. The tears didn't seem to stop. I was shaking and trembling uncontrollably. When I saw his face I just reacted according to my instincts. I was scared and guilty. I couldn't form any thoughts or words. My head was a jumble and my vision a blur.

 

“I didn't m-mean it. I-I'm sorry!” I wailed. In my head flashed the memories of me and him. JungSu, I thought weakly. You never listen to me, don't you?

 

Jason grabbed my shoulders and shook them. “Roxy! Calm down! Tell me what happened!” he shouted.

 

I inhaled and exhaled to calm my erratic breathing. Jason let go of my shoulders and waited. My breathing became stable and I gulped. I didn't want to say it.

 

“That was my ex-boyfriend,” I mumbled.

 

Jason remained quiet until he whispered, “Oh.”

 

I knew he was shocked just by hearing his voice. I knew he was trying to think of something to say. I waited for him to say something but he didn't. I grabbed his sleeve, which brought his attention to me.

 

“Take me home,” I whispered. I stood up and almost fell if Jason didn't grab my arm and lead me. I leaned against his shoulder and sighed. I was tired from all the crying and running. All I wanted to do was sleep on my comfortable and soft bed. All these thoughts kept occupying my mind that I didn't see the flash from a camera as we walked out of the alley and to the direction of my house. I never noticed anything, from the smirk to the smile.

 

 

 

We arrived at my house one hour later. We didn't have enough money with us so we couldn't hail a cab. We left our cars and bags at school, which was really stupid. I felt like I was going to collapse on the ground. I was sweaty and annoyed. I walked up to the gate and rang the door bell. The door immediately opened to reveal my maid, Emily, with a vacuum in her left hand.

 

“Ms. Park! You're home,” Emily said. “Come in.”

 

“Hey, Em. My friend is here, too,” I answered and walked in, Jason following behind me.

 

“Oh! It's that guy that came here before, isn't it?” Emily whispered. I nodded and smiled.

 

“Get us some chips and Sprite, Emily, and bring it upstairs,” I said, walking to the stairs.

 

“Yes, Ms. Park,” she said and bowed. I reached the stairs and went up slowly because I was too exhausted to make an effort to run to my bedroom. Jason caught up to me and stayed quiet the whole time we were going up. I finally reached my bedroom and opened the door. I ran to my bed and jumped on it.

 

“Ugh. I'm so tired!” I said while looking at the ceiling. Jason sat down on the couch and nodded.

 

“What do we do about our stuff?” I asked him.

 

“I don't know. Maybe our butlers can get them from school,” Jason suggested.

 

“Hmm. That's true. I just hope no one goes through our stuff,” I replied.

 

“Yeah. Anyone who does that is going to jail,” he said.

 

I laughed. “What? Do you have anything illegal in there?”

 

He smirked. “Maybe.”

 

My eyes widened. “No way,” I answered.

 

“I'm just kidding, Roxy,” he said, laughing. Again, conversation stopped. It was awkward again. I sighed and got off the bed. I walked to the couch and sat by Jason, surprising him. I moved closer and looked at him in the eye. His eyes widened at my sudden move.

 

“R-Roxy! What are you doing?” he stuttered. I smiled at his shyness. I got up and sat on his lap this time.

 

“Why is it so awkward, Jason?” I whispered. He shivered involuntarily and looked down.

 

“I d-don't know what you're talking about,” Jason said.

 

I sighed. “We should do something about it,” I answered, putting my finger under his chin and pushing it up. I looked at his eyes and leaned in. Our lips barely brushed against each other. Jason's breathing became rough and uneven. I smirked.

 

I went to his ear and whispered, “Just kidding.”

 

I got off his lap and walked out of the room, leaving behind a confused and speechless Jason. I got a look at his face before I left and chuckled. As I walked downstairs, I met Emily, holding two backpacks and a tray of food. I smiled at her and took the stuff from her.

 

“Thanks, Emily,” I said before walking upstairs. I reached my bedroom and opened the door.

 

“Jason, catch!” I shouted and threw his backpack to him. Surprised, he looked up and got hit in the face with his backpack. My mouth dropped. Putting down my backpack and the food, I ran to him and tore his hands from his face. I examined his face and saw a bruise appearing on his forehead.

 

“Omigosh. I am so sorry, Jason,” I quickly said, turning his face right and left. He leaned forward and pecked my lips. I stood there frozen as he smiled.

 

“Apology accepted,” he answered. I got out of my trance and glared at him. He just smiled back and continued looking at something in his lap. I peeked in and saw him looking at one of my albums. Albums. . . albums. . . Wait. . . what?! That's private! I snatched it out of his hands and stood up.

 

“Why are you looking at this?” I demanded.

 

“I was bored,” Jason answered.

 

I gave him a look. “Well, watch TV instead of looking at my stuff.”

 

“I don't want to,” he said, walking closer.

 

I raised my arm so he couldn't reach the album. “Jason, I'm serious or—“

 

“Or what?” he asked. He swiftly took the album from my hand and lifted it up in the air. He stuck out his tongue. How I wish I wasn't short, I thought sadly. I jumped up and down, trying to get the album. It was hopeless. I tried harder and jumped higher. I lost my balance and yelped. I fell down on top of Jason and both of us toppled on the ground. I groaned. Jason hissed in pain. I looked down and saw Jason's red face. I looked more down and realized that I was on top of him. I gulped. Oops, I thought nervously.

 

I got off of him and helped him up. Jason looked away while I stood there looking around besides Jason's face. I cleared my throat.

 

“Can you give it back please?” I asked, putting my hand out.

 

“Why? You look so cute as a baby!” he argued, pouting. I shook my hand and gave him a give-it-back-to-me-or-you'll-get-beat-up look. He sighed and gave it to me reluctantly. I smiled in triumph and put it back on my shelf, my back facing him.

 

“By the way, who was that guy when you were a freshman?” he asked.

 

“What?” I answered, realizing what he meant. I can't believe he looked at those pictures, I thought frantically.

 

“You don't remember?” he asked. I gulped and didn't turn around. I didn't want him to know who that guy was. And how can he not notice who that guy was? We just met him two hours ago. I mean, the picture was from two years ago. There couldn't be that much difference between the past and present, right?

 

“Um, I don't—,” I answered but stopped when I heard something. I looked towards the sound and saw a rock hit my window. I looked at Jason before walking to my window. Suddenly a face popped out and screamed.

 

“BOO!” the person said. I screamed and backed away from the window. The stranger laughed out loud and waved at me.

 

“Roxy! It's me, Aaron!” the person said. I sighed in relief and opened the window.

 

“YAH! Why did you scare me like that?” I yelled. He laughed loudly and sat down on the window sill.

 

“It was too funny, Roxy. I mean, you should have seen your face!” Aaron laughed, holding his stomach. I shot him a death glare and huffed.

 

“But anyway, guess what?” he continued, ignoring my question.

 

“What?” I replied in a bored and uninterested tone.

 

“I'm debuting!” Aaron shouted happily. My eyes snapped up. I gasped. This couldn't be happening right? I couldn't believe it. I hugged Aaron tightly and started crying. This was his dream. To be a singer in a group and debut. I started bouncing around while crying and laughing at the same time. It was hard since he was sitting on the window sill. I was careful not to make him fall. After a few minutes, we separated and started wiping our tear-stained faces. We chuckled a few times as we saw our ugly faces.

 

“What's the group's name?” I asked.

 

“NU'EST. It stands for New Established Style Tempo,” answered Aaron. “What do you think?”

 

“Hmmm. It's cool. How many members?” I asked.

 

“5. Ren, JR, Minhyun, Baekho, and me,” he said.

 

“Oh, Ren? You told me about him, didn't you? He's the youngest, right?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, when you meet him, just don't talk about how girly he looks,” he reminded me.

 

“I get to meet your members?” I asked, excited.

 

“Yup, I thought you might want to, judging by your expression,” Aaron said, chuckling.

 

“When are you leaving for Korea?” I asked.

 

“Tomorrow,” he replied sadly.

 

“What? Why didn't you tell me earlier?” I whined. He smiled sadly.

 

“Mianhe, Roxy. I just found out today,” Aaron answered.

 

I frowned. “Oh, sorry. But congratulations,” I said.

 

He smiled again. “Thanks, Roxy. I'll miss you.”

 

“Me too, Aaron. Want me to help y—,” I said but someone cleared their throat. I looked behind me and saw Jason with a irritated look on his face. I silently apologized to him with my eyes for leaving him there.

 

“Oh, sorry, Jason. Um, Aaron, this is Jason. Jason, Aaron,” I said nervously.

 

“Oh! You're that guy Roxy was—.” Before he could speak any further, I covered his mouth with my hand and gave a weak smile to Jason.

 

“Mmph! Hemp! Mmmmp!” he shouted through my hand. I flinched as I felt his spit touch my hand.

 

I leaned in to his ear and whispered, “If you say anything, I will rip out your tongue.”

 

That shut his mouth. His protests immediately stopped and he looked at me with pleading eyes. I smiled and wiped my hand on my shorts. I patted his head and said, “Good boy.”

 

He cleared his throat. “Anyways, I should be going. I'm gonna miss you, Roxy.”

 

I smiled. I hugged him for the last time. I was sad, but it couldn't be helped. “Yeah, I'm gonna miss you, too. Be good to your new members.”

 

“Yah! I'm not a baby anymore, Roxy. You should have known that during the years we've been dating,” he said mischievously, winking at me. My eyes widened.

 

“Yah! Don't bring that up!” I said, shooing him away. He grinned and jumped down from the sill. I walked to the window and waved goodbye to Aaron as he looked up at me with the usual small smile. That left me with Jason, who had his eyebrows raised in question. I stood there looking at the ground when he spoke.

 

“Care to explain what he said?” Jason asked.

 

“What? Jealous?” I shot back.

 

“Possibly,” he answered without hesitation. “Just tell me.”

 

I sat down and started. “Aaron's one of my best friends and childhood friends when I moved to this neighborhood. I was nine or ten. When I broke up with my boyfriend, he was there to comfort me and we ended up dating.”

 

Next to me, Jason kept quiet. Was he jealous? I thought. He did say possibly. Aish. He's so confusing. Suddenly he stood up and walked towards the door. I was about to stand up when he paused and said, “Don't. I'll see you tomorrow. I just . . . need time.”

 

He shut the door. I heard the front door slam seconds later. I sighed. My head just can't understand him. I sat back down. Oh well, I thought. I'll figure it out tomorrow. I went on my bed and got out my phone. I scrolled through my contacts and sent Tiffany a text. What are you doing?

 

 

I'm hanging out with JiHoo.

 

 

You've been spending a lot of time with him. Don't do anything reckless, Tif.

 

 

Yeah, I know. I'm gonna be fine.

 

 

I was going to ask you if you wanna have free time. Guess not.

 

 

Sorry, Roxy. Maybe next week. I think I'm finally settling on one guy.

 

 

Good for you. It was about time anyway. I just hope JiHoo won't hurt you. He better be sincere or I'll kick his .

 

 

LOL. So what's the deal between you and Jason? Are you dating?

 

 

no. he's being weird. Oh! And good news. Aaron's debuting!!!

 

 

What? Really? Why didn't u tell me???

 

 

He just told me today. Mianhe. He's leaving 2moro.

 

 

Really? What's the group's name?

 

 

NU'EST.

 

 

Hmm. Cool name. Hope their debut is gonna be awesome.

 

 

Yeah, me too. Anyway, gtg. I'll talk to u 2moro.

 

 

Yup. Bye!

 

 

I closed my phone and sighed. Confused was what I felt. Did I like Jason? I know I have a place for him in my heart but it was still too early. I didn't wanna suffer the consequences like before. Being in a relationship would bring those haunting memories back to me. I closed my eyes and soon, I drifted off into sleep.