Chapter 10

He's Back

 

Rylie? Rylie?”

 

I groaned and rolled over on my stomach. Who the heck is calling me? I thought grumpily.

 

“My wifey. Are you still asleep?”

 

Yes. Now leave me alone! I thought, shutting my eyes lightly. I heard the door creak open and the light switch being . The brightness immediately shocked me and hurt my head and I desperately covered my eyes like a vampire. I groaned and kicked the air and bed.

 

“Aargh! Turn the light off!” I screamed.

 

“Okay, sheesh. So irritated after waking up,” Suho grumbled. “What's wrong with you?”

 

Suho turned off the lights and the lamp on the bedside table. He sat on the edge of the bed and poked me.

 

“Wake up. You need to eat,” he said, poking me. I wriggled and squirmed as he continued to poke me. Suddenly, it turned to tickling me instead.

 

“Y-Yah! Stop i-it!” I shouted, prying his hands away from my waist. Suho chuckled and stopped. I sat up and huffed, crossing my arms. Suho sighed and opened the plastic bag filled with food.

 

“Here. Aah!” Suho said, placing a spoon in front of my face. The food was steak and rice with kimchi. I reluctantly ate the food and chewed it. Suho put another spoonful of food in my face. I ate it until the food was gone. I burped loudly. That was good, I thought, my mood going up. Suho gave me a disgusting look and wiped my mouth.

 

“Did you eat?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah, at work,” replied Suho. Suddenly, I had an urge to talk to him about Leeteuk. We hadn't talked about it since he called me.

 

“Suho?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

I bit my lip before talking. “About Leeteuk . . .”

 

“You're going to be fine. I'm here, Rylie. You have friends that will help you,” Suho cut in. I looked at him with a little bit of helplessness in my eyes. What if your words aren't true? What if he really is gonna take me away? I thought. Suho sensed my mood and embraced me in his arms.

 

“I'll never leave you, Rylie. You're going to be fine. You're strong,” Suho whispered. I nodded and hugged him back. I'll trust you, Suho, I thought. He let go of me and went to the bathroom. I looked at the clock and saw that it was eight pm already. I laid down and stared up at the ceiling. The bathroom door opened and Suho climbed into bed.

 

“Do you wanna watch TV?” he asked. I shrugged and said sure. He grabbed the remote on the bedside table and the flat screen TV.

 

“What channel?” Suho asked, twirling the remote in his fingers expertly.

 

“Sci-fi,” I answered. He changed it to channel thirty-six. It was showing a movie with huge spiders. We both sat up and watched the movie intently. I squealed and covered my eyes when the huge spider ate the girl. Suho chuckled and pulled me closer to him. I peeked from my fingers and saw another girl being eaten by another spider.

 

“Eeeww,” I whispered as I watched blood spurt all over the ground. Suho glanced at me before returning his gaze on the TV. The movie finally ended and I sighed. Watching these kind of movies gave me nightmares, but I still loved them.

 

We both slid under the covers while Suho turned off the TV. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I snuggled closer, breathing in his scent. Suho put his head on top of mines while I placed an arm around his body.

 

“Night, Rylie,” Suho mumbled.

 

“Good night, Suho,” I whispered back. Soon, we both drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

I yawned and stretched my arms. I kicked off the blanket and stretched my legs. I looked to my left and stared at Suho. I thought of an evil idea and turned over. I smirked before pinching his nose, not letting him breathe. I held on tight as he struggled to get out of my grip. He refused to open his eyes but continued squirming and moving around the bed. I suppressed my laughter as I saw his red face. I let go of his nose and turned to the other side as Suho slowly opened his eyes.

 

“Ugh, what the heck was that?” Suho groaned. I stifled a laugh as I heard him. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. Suho turned over and back-hugged me. I yawned and turned over, opening one of my eyes slowly in case Suho was awake. I sighed in relief as he was still sleeping peacefully. I smiled before leaning in and kissing him on the lips. I turned around and went back to sleep when Suho pulled me closer to him, his chest touching my back.

 

“I almost died there, you know,” Suho mumbled. I stiffened and turned around again. He was awake now. I gulped as I saw his clouded eyes.

 

“I was just playing around,” I mumbled, looking down. Suho chuckled and hugged me tighter.

 

“Next time when you're sleeping, I'll probably do that to you,” Suho said. I gasped and hit his arm.

 

“You wouldn't!”

 

“Watch me,” Suho replied, smirking. I stuck out my tongue and he proceeded to bite it. I moved back just in time to avoid his teeth. In a second, he was already hovering on top of me, looking at me hungrily. I stared at him wide-eyed as he leaned forward, stopping right above my lips.

 

“S . . . Suho, what are y—“

 

I was cut off by his pink lips on mine, gently caressing it. Our lips molded into one puzzle piece. I melted into the kiss and kissed him back. It wasn't passionate or rough or aggressive. Just pure love. We broke the kiss because of the lack of oxygen. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me. I smiled and pecked his lips.

 

“Good morning, Suho,” I said.

 

“Morning, Rylie,” Suho answered, smiling.