Chapter 9

He's Back

 

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before turning my head to the left. I rubbed my eyes and blinked groggily. Suho wasn't next to me anymore. I recalled yesterday's memories and smiled. As I turned my body, a shot of pain rose from my to my spine. I groaned and bit my lip, massaging my back. I slowly sat up and got off the bed, limping towards the bathroom. I grabbed a bathrobe and put it on. I walked out of the bathroom and towards the dining room. As I entered, I saw Suho with an apron on and cooking breakfast. I smiled and sat down at the table, wincing in the process.

 

“Hey,” I said. Suho looked back and smiled. I shifted uncomfortably on my seat when I felt a sting rise up my back. I touched my back and rubbed it gently. I sighed silently and looked up when a pair of arms lifted me.

 

“Ah!” I squealed. I looked at Suho and glared. He gave me a blank look and walked towards the living room. He set me down gently on the couch and went back to the kitchen. I looked at his disappearing back. I turned around and swung my legs, waiting for Suho. The couch moved as someone sat down. I turned around and moved back when Suho almost shoved a spoon at my face. I raised my eyebrow and looked at the spoon.

 

“Eat,” he stated. I gave him a look and reluctantly ate the soup. He scooted closer and kept feeding me.

 

“Aah,” Suho said, putting the spoon to my mouth. I opened my mouth and drank the soup. I swallowed the last of the soup and patted my filled stomach.

 

“That was good,” I said. Suho smiled slightly but immediately frowned.

 

“Was I too rough?” Suho suddenly asked. I stared at him before shrugging.

 

“You could do worse,” I answered. He looked at me before chuckling. His smile dropped as he held my hands.

 

“I'm sorry,” he said. I softened and hugged him. Even though it made my hurt again, I needed to reassure him that it was fine. He wrapped his arms around me, careful not to put pressure on my behind. We broke the hug, and he pecked my lips. I smiled into the kiss.

 

“I'm gonna call Taemin and tell him that you're absent,” Suho said, standing up.

 

“What? I can go to work!” I argued, crossing my arms.

 

“No, and that's my decision,” Suho answered. He carried me to our room and placed me on the bed. I was still annoyed that he didn't let me go to work. I pouted and glared at his back while he was changing.

 

“Rylie, hand me my phone,” Suho said, holding out his hand. I stuck out my tongue and grabbed his phone. I smirked and threw the phone at his back, flinching at the sound.

 

“Ow!” screamed Suho, rubbing his back. He glowered at me while I faced the front, whistling innocently. “Childish,” he mumbled. I stuck out my tongue at him again.

 

Suho dialed Taemin's number and waited for him to answer. He put it on speaker mode for me to hear.

 

“Oh hey Suho! How are you?” Taemin's bubbly voice spoke through the phone.

 

“I'm fine. Rylie can't go to work. Her . . . back hurts,” Suho hesitantly replied, glancing at me. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Were you having rough again? Yah! I told you not to hurt Rylie!” Taemin cutely yelled. I chuckled and motioned for Suho to sit on the bed. He sat down and put the phone on my lap.

 

Another voice joined Taemin's. “Rylie? What happened to her? Did Suho hurt her?”

 

“Minho, I'm fine. I'll go to work tomorrow,” I assured him. Minho sighed.

 

“Suho, do not hurt my baby!” Taemin huffed. Suho scoffed. Baby my , he thought.

 

“She's my wife, Taemin. Go make out with Minho or something,” Suho answered.

 

“S-Suho! S-Shut up!” Taemin stuttered. I could already imagine him blushing beet red.

 

“What? Did you go further than that?” Suho teased, making me giggle.

 

“Stop teasing Taemin! When you come over here, I'm gonna beat your ,” Minho said.

 

“Too bad I won't come over there!” Suho playfully sang, sticking out his tongue at the phone.

 

“Whatever. So Rylie won't come to work?” Minho asked.

 

“Yup,” I answered.

 

“Hi Rylie!” Now it was Taemin who was talking.

 

“Hey Taemin,” I said.

 

“Rylie, are you okay? Want me to come over?” Taemin asked.

 

“Yah, you're off-limits in this house, you ert,” Suho said.

 

“I asked Rylie, not you Suho.”

 

“Nope. You can't,” Suho insisted, shaking his head.

 

“Sorry, Taemin,” I said. I heard him sigh.

 

“Oh well, I tried. But let's go have a barbeque,” Taemin suggested, his personality turning from sad to happy in a second. I glanced at Suho.

 

“Do you want to?” I whispered to him. He shrugged.

 

“If he brings everything,” he answered. I gaped at him and slapped his arm.

 

“You're so mean!” I said.

 

“Only for people who wants to steal my beautiful wife,” Suho answered. My eyes bugged out upon hearing his words. How sweet, I thought.

 

“Hey! Stop being all mushy with each other. What's your answer?” Taemin interrupted.

 

“Suho said that we can have one if you bring everything,” I answered.

 

“What! Not fair!” Taemin cried. “It's all coming from my paycheck, Rylie.”

 

“Sorry, Minnie. It's okay if you don't want to pay for everything. Let's just not do it,” I said.

 

“No, no! It's fine. I'll bring everything then,” Taemin quickly replied. It's my only chance to see Rylie without getting interrupted by Suho, thought Taemin. I smiled while Suho smirked. Naive kid, he thought.

 

“Thanks, Taemin,” I said.

 

“You're welcome, Rylie. Get well,” replied Taemin.

 

“Yup. Bye!”

 

“Bye!”

 

I hung up. Suho grabbed his phone and stuffed it in his pocket. He got his bag and kissed me goodbye.

 

“Stay in bed and don't walk around. I'll see you tonight,” Suho said. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

 

“I love you, Suho,” I mumbled.

 

“Love you too, Rylie,” he said. I let go of him and waved goodbye. He closed the door, and I sunk back into bed. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Updating three times today. Wait for it!

Subscribe and comment!