Chapter 13

He's Back

 

What's this about Leeteuk, Rylie?” Onew asked, frowning at me. I bit my lip and looked at Hongki. He just shrugged and looked away. Traitor, I growled in my head.

 

“Jinki, it's no—“

 

I was cut off by his glare. “Hongki, get back to your work.”

 

His words seemed to cut Hongki as he showed a hurt face. He nodded and meekly left us, looking back at me before turning away. Jinki turned to look at me.

 

“Jinki—“

 

“What did Leeteuk do to you?” he interrupted again. I sighed in irritation and stared at him. He didn't look like he would give up.

 

“It was just a phone call, Jinki. Nothing too serious,” I answered, trying to reassure him.

 

“What did he say?” Onew asked.

 

“He said . . . he said that it wasn't over.” I whispered the last part. Onew narrowed his eyes and sighed. He put his hands inside his coat's pockets and walked towards me. I stared at the floor.

 

“Don't lie to me, Rylie. Please,” he murmured before crushing me into his arms. I stayed still until he spoke again.

 

“Never ever lie to me. I don't like it when you keep everything to yourself,” Onew continued. I sighed and nodded my head. It was the second time I was getting hugged because of Leeteuk. He let go of me and stared into my eyes. He flashed me a quick smile before messing up my hair.

 

“So what are we gonna do about him?” I asked. Onew pursed his lips and scratched his head.

 

“I don't really know. He's not really doing anything that can lead him to jail,” Onew answered.

 

“He's just threatening me, that's it,” I said.

 

“Well if he does do something, then we'll be ready right?” Onew winked at me and walked away from the hallway. I cocked my head in confusion. What? I thought. I didn't get what he just said. I shrugged it off and went back to my desk. HyunChae wasn't there. Probably running errands, I thought. It was silent in the room. There were barely any patients in this floor. I went through more files on my table and put the information on the computer. After thirty minutes, a crumpling and buzzing noise could be heard from the fax machine. Surprised, I looked at the paper come out of the machine. My eyes widened as I saw it. Look behind you, the paper said. I slowly turned around and screamed as loud as I could that it echoed throughout the whole building. What I saw was the most disgusting and grossest thing ever. Someone had taped cockroaches, worms, centipedes, and other insects that were still alive on the wall. They were the same color as the paint so I didn't noticed them. I got out of my seat and ran backwards as some of the insects were starting to peel off from the wall. I shrieked and fell backwards as they started to crawl towards me and my desk. My jaw dropped as the tape fully came off. The insects dropped one by one and climbed on my desk. More crawled towards me.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAH!” I yelled. “HELP!”

 

I scrambled backwards as fast as I could. I shivered as I imagined myself surrounded by these revolting creatures. I stood up and almost stumbled on my feet because my legs felt numb. I couldn't think straight and I thought the noise behind me was just my imagination. But it wasn't. The doors from the stairs burst open and I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me.

 

“Rylie! Rylie!” someone shouted. I nodded weakly before some people gasped as they saw the insects crawling all over the floor.

 

“Someone call the exterminator! Now! Before these things go all over the floor and building!”

 

“Rylie, are you okay? Rylie, can you hear me?”

 

“What do we do, Key?”

 

“Calm down, Taemin. They're just bugs.”

 

“Snap out of it!” Someone slapped my face and I blinked and shook my head. I looked at the person who caught me. I smiled and touched his face.

 

“Jinki . . .”

 

“Rylie, stay with me. I called Suho already,” Onew said, concern and worry written all over his face. I nodded and my dry lips. I shakily stood up with the help of Onew. Minho, Taemin, Key, and Jonghyun was also here, too. Minho had an arm around Taemin, who looked scared. As I looked beyond them, my eyes met with Hongki's. He mouthed, are you okay? I nodded slightly. He nodded and walked away. I turned back and looked at the bugs, who were being put in plastic bags. I shuddered as I recalled the memory. Who would do this? I thought.

 

“Leeteuk did this,” Onew said, as if he read my mind. I stared at him before nodding. Yes, it seems like he would be the first suspect.

 

“Minho, take care of Rylie for me. I'm gonna investigate this. Leeteuk couldn't have gone into this building without someone's help,” Onew said, handing me to Minho. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. Onew took out his phone and read something.

 

“Suho's here. Bring her home,” Onew ordered and carefully stepped through the bugs, scanning my desk. Minho steered me towards the elevator. Taemin and Key followed us but Jonghyun stayed to help Onew. We went inside the elevator and Taemin pressed the number one button. I leaned towards Minho and rested my head on his shoulder. I couldn't get that image out of my mind. It burned through my skull and rested there. There was silence in the elevator. We arrived on the first floor as the doors opened. Key and Taemin walked out first while Minho went last. From the doors, I could see Suho pacing in front of his car. We went outside and Suho looked up. He ran towards me and hugged me.

 

“Oh my god, Rylie, are you okay? You're not hurt, right?” He threw so much questions at me that I felt dizzy. Minho touched his shoulder and gestured at me. I was rubbing my forehead because it started to hurt. Suho shut up and just pushed me towards his car. I got in and lazily strapped my seat belt. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes.

 

“Thank you, Minho,” Suho said. “You too, Kibum and Taemin.”

 

“You're welcome,” Minho said. “You should prepare her already. Leeteuk is not joking around.”

 

“What exactly happened?” asked Suho.

 

“He taped bugs on her wall behind her,” Key answered. “I thought it was kinda stupid.”

 

“What kind of bugs?” Suho questioned.

 

“Centipedes, cockroaches, worms, and more I don't wanna name,” Key replied.

 

Suho paled and shivered. That's gross, he thought. “Did you guys clean it up?”

 

“We called for an exterminator, but Onew and Jonghyun are checking it out. Leeteuk couldn't have gone in without a pass or something. Somebody else did it,” Minho explained.

 

“Someone from the inside or outside?”

 

“It depends if somebody in the hospital hates Rylie or sided with Leeteuk. We just don't who did it,” Minho answered. Suho sighed.

 

“Thank you anyways. Tell that to Jinki and Jonghyun. I couldn't have done it without your help,” Suho said, bowing to them.

 

“What are friends for, Suho? Now you should bring her home,” Minho said.

 

“Yeah, thanks again.” He turned around and went inside the car. He started the engine and drove towards our home. I had fallen asleep in the middle of their conversation. Suho bit his lip in worry. If she's in danger outside, this is bad. We need to start her training, he thought. We reached our house. Suho got out of his car and woke me up. I yawned and stretched my arms.

 

“Carry me,” I whined. Suho chuckled and lifted me up. I snuggled closer and rested my head on his shoulders. Suho kicked the door close and walked to the door. I opened it and he carried me towards our room. He gently put me down on the mattress. He was about to leave when I grabbed his shirt.

 

“Stay with me,” I mumbled. He sighed and laid down beside me. I opened a couple of my shirt's buttons and cuddled closer to Suho. He brushed my hair with his fingers.

 

“Sing me a lullaby,” I whispered, closing my eyes. He chuckled and started singing. I slowly fell asleep as his voice reached my ears. Suho dropped his head and also fell asleep beside me.

 

 

* * * *

 

 

The exterminators came and had killed all of the bugs. There were only a few people left in the area. The sixth floor was closed to anyone except for the five left. The patients were transferred somewhere else. Jonghyun had stayed and helped Onew. Key, Taemin, and Minho came back and had told them that Rylie was safe and with Suho. Onew sighed in relief. The three helped Onew and Jonghyun search for clues.

 

Onew checked the fax machine. Nothing. He skimmed through the reports and found nothing. Something, anything, he thought desperately. He stared at the paper that had 'Look behind you' on it. He couldn't find anything. If someone inside did it, then it would be harder. He didn't want to suspect their employees. Onew sighed and put down the paper. Leeteuk, you'll pay for this, he thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suscribe and comment! 2min coming up next!~