Chapter 12

He's Back

 

We finished dressing up and went towards the kitchen. Suho made two sandwiches and gave one to me. We quickly ate it and brushed our teeth. I grabbed my bag and followed Suho to his car. I climbed in and strapped my seat belt, Suho doing the same. Suho drove from the house to my workplace. I kissed him goodbye and got out. I waved at him and walked towards the entrance. As I walked in, I was greeted by my staff and close friends.

 

“Rylie!” someone shouted. I looked towards the voice and almost fell down as a body collided with mines. An unrecognizable squeak came out of my mouth as I tried to register who the person was. It was none other Taemin who squeezing the life out of me.

 

“Let . . go . . . Taemin,” I choked out. Suddenly the air was back into my lungs as another person yanked Taemin off of my body. I looked up and smiled gratefully.

 

“Thanks, Jinki,” I said, massaging my arms. Jinki, or Onew, as he wanted people to call him that, was the vice-president of the my medical company, K.R.Y Hospital. I had appointed him that job since he was one of my closest friends and he knew about Leeteuk.

 

“You're welcoming, Rylie,” he said, smiling gently.

 

“Let go of me, Onew!” Taemin shouted, struggling and wriggling to get out of his grip, but that only made Onew hold him tighter.

 

“You should sign in. I have to take care of this child right here,” Onew said.

 

I giggled. “Okay.”

 

“Yah! I am not a kid!” cried Taemin.

 

“Anyways, bye.” Onew waved at me and clamped a hand over Taemin's mouth, smiling innocently at people who gawked and stared at him. I chuckled and went over to the front desk. The receptionist greeted me and signed me in. I walked to the elevator and waited. The doors opened and I stepped in. It was empty. I pressed the button for the fifth floor. It stopped on the third floor and I stepped to the right corner as a person walked in. My eyes widened as I looked up.

 

“Oh, Minho!” I said as he stepped inside the elevator. He was also surprised but kept his cool.

 

“Hey, Rylie,” he said and pressed the sixth floor button. I noticed he was carrying a file underneath his arm.

 

“More notes?” I asked, pointing at his file. He looked at it and nodded.

 

“Yup. There are lots more people out there that need our help. I requested for a better medical insurance,” he answered.

 

“Really? Maybe I can approve it if everybody agrees to it,” I said.

 

“Yeah, I hope so, but anyway . . . are you okay?” Minho looked really concerned and I couldn't help but smile.

 

“I'm fine, Minho. I rested yesterday so I'm going to be fine,” I said.

 

“But—“

 

“I'm fine,” I said firmly. He nodded reluctantly and dropped the subject. Minho was too overprotective if it comes to me.

 

“So, when are we having the barbeque?” I asked him, changing the subject.

 

“Barbeque?”

 

“The one Taemin suggested, remember?”

 

“The one Taemin suggested . . .,” he trailed off. I looked at him worriedly as he blushed beet red. I cocked an eyebrow and stared at him.

 

“Minho, are you okay?” I asked, lightly touching his arm. He jumped from the touch and shook his head.

 

“I-I'm fine. Just fine,” he whispered. I frowned but let it go. The door opened and I walked out but stopped and looked behind me. Minho looked blank and dreamy.

 

“Minho, are you really okay?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, I'm fine,” he said, giving me a quick smile. I fully stepped out from the elevator and turned around, seeing Minho's troubled expression again until the door closed. You're such a liar, Minho. Anyone can see that you're not 'fine', I thought. I sighed and walked towards my desk. I had my own office but I barely used it since it was kind of lonely in there. So I had a desk placed specially on the sixth floor so I could talk to people.

 

“Hey, Rylie,” HyunChae said, my secretary. I nodded to her.

 

“Hey, HyunChae,” I replied, sitting on my swivel chair.

 

“There are new reports on your desk, Rylie. You should check them out,” she said, sitting back down on her chair. I nodded again and sorted through the pile of papers on my desk. I found a folder labeled 'Vaccinations'. I opened it and looked through the papers. I jotted down some notes about the reports and gave it back to HyunChae.

 

The phone on my desk rang and I grabbed it, holding it up to my ear. “Hello, this is the CEO of KRY Hospital. How may I help you?”

 

“You think everything would be okay?”

 

The voice made me froze. My eyes widened as I tried to registered what I just heard. This is a joke, right? I thought. I gripped the phone and tried to calm my erratic breathing. His voice sent chills down my spine and goosebumps rose on my arm.

 

“It's not over, Rylie,” Leeteuk said, laughing darkly. My eyes narrowed into slits before I slammed the phone, causing my secretary and other patients who were passing by to jump and stare at me.

 

“Rylie? Are you okay?” HyunChae cautiously asked. I took in a huge breath and exhaled. I looked at HyunChae and smiled tightly.

 

“Fine,” I said before standing up and storming towards the coffee machine. I could feel her curious eyes stare at my back, but I didn't want to tell her anything. I kept on walking and thinking about the phone call that I didn't realize that I already passed the coffee machine. I sighed and cursed myself. Stupid idiot, I thought.

 

I grabbed a cup and poured coffee. I added three small packets of sugar and stirred it. I leaned on the wall as I drank my coffee, closing my eyes in the process. I didn't notice a presence beside me as I tilted my head back. Only when my cup disappeared I opened my eyes, looking around for the person who stole my coffee. I stopped turning as I saw blond hair and that teasing smirk on his face, dangling my cup between his index finger and thumb. I groaned mentally.

 

“Hongki, give it back to me,” I said, holding out my hand. He shook his head and moved towards the opposite wall, leaning on it with his back.

 

“Something wrong?” he asked, drinking my coffee. I just gawked at him and couldn't seem to make any words come out of my mouth. He smirked again and threw away the cup. I glared at him before running my fingers through my hair.

 

“Nothing,” I whispered. He frowned and moved towards me. I couldn't step back since the wall was right behind me.

 

“W-what?” I stuttered. He reached out with his hand and poked my forehead hard. I winced and slapped his arm away.

 

“What the hell?” I hissed, rubbing my sore temple.

 

“Did something happen with Suho?” he asked. I shook my head and he went further.

 

“Leeteuk?” he guessed. I froze as my eyes widened slightly, but it was enough to give him a hint that it was him.

 

“So it is him,” he continued, his chin. Hongki used to be close friends with Leeteuk but threw away their friendship when he had gone crazy. I never knew until he told me.

 

“It's fine. Nothing to worry about,” I said. I glanced at him and he glared at me.

 

“It's something to worry about, Rylie. Is he coming after you again?”

 

I hesitated. I didn't want to bring people into my business, but the look on his eyes made me want to tell him.

 

“He . . . called me today,” I whispered. His eyes popped out from its sockets.

 

“W-what?” he stammered.

 

“He said it wasn't over yet,” I mumbled, ready to cry. What I needed the most was Suho's warmth and embrace. I was surprised when Hongki hugged me tightly.

 

“You're gonna be fine, Rylie. We're here for you. You aren't alone,” he whispered. I hugged him back and buried my face into his shoulder.

 

“I'll help you. Tell Suho that he can contact me anytime if you need any help,” Hongki said, massaging my back. I nodded and we stayed in that position until someone cleared their throat rather loudly. We parted and stared at anything but each other.

 

“Nice to see you here too, Hongki,” the person said. My eyes widened as Hongki smiled tightly.

 

“Onew . . .”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please subscribe and comment! Enjoy the update. I'm trying to put the drama in now.