Teasing

Sherbet


Junho had to admit, he was curious about Wooyoung. All Nichkhun's comments were probably getting to his head. His friend hadn't overly exaggerated Wooyoung's looks and Junho had to admit the boy was cute, and he was friendly enough. He wondered if his dancing was also as good as Nichkhun described it to be.

 

Junho thought he could hear the faint sounds of music as he walked. A few minutes later he found the source, spotting a small group standing in a semi-circle, watching the boy in the middle situated on a mat that was spread on the ground. The boy was in the midst of dancing and Junho could now clearly hear the music, Timbaland. The dancer hit each beat effortlessly, and it didn't take long for Junho to realize that it was Wooyoung that was dancing. It was the end of the song and Wooyoung ended with a comical stance, drawing laughter and hoots from the crowd.  He joined his friends and gave the makeshift dance floor to the next dancer.

Junho stopped in his tracks and hooked a thumb in his pocket. Wooyoung hadn't noticed him yet and Junho was never good with crowds, so he decided to hang back and watch the next dancer, already bobbing his head to the new beat.

He was taller than Wooyoung, his handsome face composed of sharper features. He seemed a little more built than Wooyoung was but then, Wooyoung was quite skinny to begin with. The male took to the dance floor, his movements different and yet for some odd reason, Junho found him more intriguing to watch.

The dancer had even turned and waved to someone in the midst of his dancing but Junho hadn't processed the action until the male stopped dancing, only to realize the only people left watching were him and Wooyoung. The dancer turned and their gazes met as he cocked a head and then gestured, prompting Wooyoung to turn around. His face lit up almost immediately.

"Junho!"

So much for going unnoticed, but at least there were less people now.

He finally walked over to the pair and raised a hand to wave. "Hey Wooyoung."

"Hey," he replied with a smile. "Didn't think you'd take me up on that offer so quick;y."

"Yeah, I was actually heading to practice before I saw you guys. Though I'd come over and say hi. You guys are really good."

"Thanks."

"What do you practice?" the other male interrupted, not unkindly.

"I play the drums," Junho replied.

"That's pretty cool."

"Oh sorry. Junho this is Chansung. Oh yeah!" Wooyoung snapped his fingers. "He's my friend who eats too much," he announced with a grin.

Chansung blinked. "You go around telling people I like to eat?"

Wooyoung turned and responded with an innocent pout. "No... Just this once..." Chansung rolled his eyes. "It's cause Junho drew a really cool picture with fruits in it," Wooyoung exclaimed in his defence.

"Really? Music and art? Wow." Chansung paused. "Damn that reminds me. I have to help my mom with the groceries." He quickly grabbed his wallet and phone off the ground and walked over to pick up his bike. "Nice meeting you Junho. I'll talk to you later Wooyoung," he called back as he peddled away.

"He always forgets. He loses track of time so easily," Wooyoung commented with a head shake. "Hey, Nichkhun left?"

"Yeah." Junho finally looked away from the receding back of the boy and his bike. "He had to go to the mall for a bit."

"Mmm. I see." Wooyoung folded the mat and grabbed his speakers and tucked them in his bag, and proceeded to take off his shoes and replace them with his rollerblades. "Do you practice at the Conservatory of Music?"

"Yup."

"Cool. Mind if I join you on the way there? My grandma lives nearby, and I told her I'd visit."

"Not at all. So, how long have you been dancing for?"

As they conversed, Junho's mind briefly wandered and he wondered what Nichkhun was doing at that very moment. It was too bad he couldn't be there to see the expression on his friend's face when he received his text, the text telling the older male what he'd been up to while Nichkhun was busy roaming the mall. 

Served him right for agreeting to another date. Nichkhun really needed to stop being so nice sometimes.

-

 

Despite having company as the two roamed the mall, Nichkhun couldn't stop looking at his phone. He'd probably read the text message enough times to repeat it from the top of his head.

Guess who I met on the way to practice? He's really talkative. And you were right, he does dance well. Hope you're having fun on your date ;)

"Is that really from Junho? Why do you keep checking your cell? You're rereading that text you got from him earlier aren't you. Khun lemme see."

Que-Min could sure be nosy sometimes.

"Didn't you say you were thirsty? Come one, I'll get you a drink." Nichkhun motioned to a coffee store nearby. Temporarily distracted, she led the way over, scanning the choices on the wall. After buying their shakes, they headed to one of the entrances to wait for her ride.

"This was fun Nichkhun, don't you agree?"

"Yeah it was," Nichkhun said with slight nod, although he probably would have enjoyed it more if Wooyoung hadn't been on his mind the whole time.

"We should do it again."

That got him refocused. "It was fun Que-Min, but we're just friends. You know how I feel about these things," he replied, smiling gently.

Que-Min looked up at him quizzically. "It's Junho isn't it."

Nichkhun blinked up in confusion. "Huh?"

"You can't stop looking at his text. And I heard you guys went out for a while. How are you such good friends with your ex? Unless he's not you ex, and you're just doig this as a favor to me... Oh you're so nice Khun! If I was Junho, I'd be totally jealous if my boyfriend hung out one-on-one with another person. Oh, there's my ride! Thanks again Khun! Say hi to Junho for me!"

Before Nichkhun could utter a word, Que-Min had already given him a hug, waved goodbye and run off. Nichkhun let out a tiny laugh and shook his head. She was a nice girl, just a tad talkative sometimes. He smiled to himself as he turned to head home.

His smile turned into a full out grin as his thoughts returned to Wooyoung. The boy was even cuter up close. Nichkhun couldn't help notice the way Wooyoung pursed his lips when he was unsure of accepting Junho's offer or his startled expression when he realized he was running late.

And then Nichkhun remembered the way he had reacted during the encounter, and his face fell. Wooyoung, the boy who had captured his attention for the last few days had actually appeared in front of him, and what did he do? Shy away like a little girl and let his friend do all the talking. He let out a sigh, cheeks inflating and lips pursed. What were the chances that Junho had become good enough friends so that he could have a chance to meet Wooyoung again?

His phone beeped and he opened his cell to another text.

Don't 4get I'm supposed to be your model tmrw. Meet me outside the convenience store on the south at 2. Don't be late!

Nichkhun narrowed his eyes at the message. Usually their meet ups were at the Conservatory or the spot at the park they hung out most often.  They'd never met up at the store before but since Junho was the one doing him a favor, Nichkhun wasn't going to complain.