KhunYoung

Sherbet

They decided for two more rounds of the delicious ice cream before finally deciding to leave, but not before Wooyoung had chosen a chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar on a stick to bring along as they left. The pair found an empty bench and took a seat as the younger male gingerly took a bite from his treat.

“You sure you don’t want a taste?” Wooyoung asked for the second time from his right. He was already more than halfway done.

Nichkhun smiled fondly. “Naw, I’m good.”

“Well, your loss.”

The Thai turned in time to see Wooyoung   the remaining chocolate off his lower lip. He stood up and walked over to the trashcan nearby to throw out the stick before wandering back, plopping back down beside his friend.

“You sure you don’t want a taste?”

Nichkhun reflexively let out a cough. He wasn’t sure what had taken over him back at the parlour but he was suddenly more aware, and more embarrassed, of the situation. At least in there the place had been a tad chillier, the lower temperature helping to control the heat from rising in his cheeks. But they were back outside now and nothing was stopping the blood from slowly finding its way to his face.

A sudden thought sprang to his mind and g
rateful for the distraction, he reached for his bag. He ped it and gently pulled out a folder as Wooyoung looked over with curiosity. Nichkhun coudnt help the small smile as he opened it, handing a heavy sheet over to the younger male. Wooyoung’s gaze fell upon its contents, his eyes slowly widening.

After a few minutes of silence, Nichkhun explored, “Umm… What do you think?”

“I can’t believe you drew me with my eyes closed,
” Wooyoung complained, though a teasing undertone colored his voice, Now there’s proof that I fell asleep.” 

The corner of Nichkhun
s lips curled upwards. It wasn’t exactly the answer he’d been hoping for, and Wooyoung must have caught the uneasiness in his eyes as the younger boy broke into a reassuring smile.

“Khun, this is amazing. Are you sure that’s me?”

Nichkhun blinked in surprise, taking his question too literally. “Of course it is. Who else could it be?”

Wooyoung had redirected his gaze back to the drawing, but Nichkhun could still see his face. The boy’s cheeks were deepening in colour, and a smile crept on the older boy’s lips as he watched Wooyoung’s flushed expression.

“Really? I wasn’t sure… Not that I want to sound conceited or anything… it’s just, this person’s kind of… good looking…”

“I tried to capture your features on paper… Trust me, it’s nothing compared to the original.”

Although Nichkhun could feel slight warmth blooming in his own cheeks, he was sure Wooyoung’s face had gone a deeper shade of red; something Nichkhun almost took pride in.

“This is amazing Khun. I think this is even better than Junho’s work, but don’t tell him I said that.”

Nichkhun breathed out a smile. “And it’s not cause you’re biased?” e asked, playfully lifting an eyebrow.

“Oh I’m definitely biased. But that has nothing to—”

“Youngie!”

A young woman in a fashionable pastel shirt and dark skinny jeans approached them, grinning from ear to ear. Wooyoung quickly got up, placing the closed folder on his seat as he watched her draw near. If Nichkhun wasn’t mistaken, Wooyoung’s cheeks still showed a tint of red.

Wooyoung only had to take a single step forward. The young woman had already closed the gap between them and was now hugging Wooyoung with such force that Nichkhun just wanted to pull her roughly away, and smack her.

Wait, he’d never hit a girl.

Ever.

What was wrong with him?

She relaxed her grip on the younger boy but didn’t let go, slightly backing up to stare directly at him. Their faces weren’t close enough for Nichkhun to be thinking such thoughts again, but they were definitely close enough for him to feel slightly aggravated about it.

“Hi Leemae,” Wooyoung said, his cheeks still the same colour as they were earlier.

“Hi Youngie.”

Nichkhun was not happy. She was clearly ignoring him.

“How are you?”

Wooyoung opened his mouth but paused, before answering with a simple, “I’m good.”

Nichkhun coughed under his breath. Not on purpose.

Leemae turned, stepping to Wooyoung’s side, one arm still draped over his shoulders. “Oh? Who’s this?” she asked, her eyes twinkling.

Wooyoung hesitated. “This is Nichkhun. He’s my—”

“I’m his boyfriend.” The thought slipped out before Nichkhun had even processed it but he didn’t back down from his statement, confidently offering his hand for her to shake. He could see Wooyoung’s shocked expression from the corner of his vision, but Nichkhun’s eyes were on the young woman, reinforcing his point.

She smiled, slowly retracting her arm from Wooyoung’s shoulders and leaned forward to shake his hand. “I’m Leemae.” She shook his hand before abruptly turning around. “And you. How did you get someone so pretty?” she quietly wailed, hugging him again and putting her head on his shoulder.

Wooyoung awkwardly patted her back as he gave Nichkhun an apologetic look. “Sorry Khun, my cousin can sometimes be a little… melodramatic.”

Cousin? His cousin. Leemae. Her name had wrung a bell, but he had no idea from where until now. Nichkhun almost had no time to feel bad though, Leemae had already pulled herself away from the younger boy, a calmer expression on her face.

“This isn’t fair. You and Chan-khun have such hot boyfriends. I want one,” she demanded in amusement.

Nichkhun hid his laughter under his breath as Wooyoung made a face, obviously embarrassed by his cousin’s words.

“And he’s even more daring than that Junho,” Leemae told Wooyoung with a smile. “Well, I’ll leave you be.” She turned and waved as she let out a content sigh. “And my day is complete…”

As he watched her walk off, Nichkhun turned to apologize to the other boy. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know she…” Wooyoung was grinning at him with amusement, and Nichkhun found himself trailing off. “What?”

Wooyoung shrugged as he turned around and replied aloud, “I didn’t know I needed Leemae to make it official.”

Nichkhun took a big step, slipping his arms around Wooyoung’s waist and hugging him from behind. “Your cousin’s kind of scary.”

His body shook against Nichkhun
s chest as Wooyoung laughed in response. “So, as my official boyfriend, what are you thinking about?”

“Well, I was thinking about double dates with Junho and Chansung…”

“What?” Wooyoung exclaimed. “If we do that we’ll never get to eat. Let Junho bear the consequences of the bottomless pit.”

It was Nichkhun’s turn to laugh as he rested his chin on Wooyoung’s shoulder. “Meanie. He’s your cousin’s cousin.”

“Exactly. And I know him best. Maybe we can catch him on one of those rare days when he’s not as hungry. Or maybe after Junho has emptied his wallet feeding him. In the meantime,” he added, leaning his head sideways against the older boy. “What do you want to do?”

Nichkhun closed his eyes. “Can we decide later? I don’t want to let go.”

There was a brief pause. “I don’t want you to either,” Wooyoung agreed softly.

Back hugs are the best aren’t they?

The End.

* * * * *

Does anyone remember this fic? I'm sorry for the delay, but here's the end. Thank you for staying to read! ^_^