We Met in a Church

Secretly Married to Lee Byunghun

"You told them what?!" my eyes widened as he spoke. This guy was really something else. First he pulls me away from Daye, who by the way just might kill him later, and then he tugs me halfway across the campus behind a random school building. But better than that, he brought me all the way here to tell me something like that?! He might as well of just told them we got married. One of them was bound to be smart enough to put it all together at some point. Well, that was actually a bit questionable, but still!

"That we met in church," he repeated nonchalantly before going on, "Well, it wasn’t' a lie was it?" He had me there. There was no way to get around that fact.

*This must be what I get for not telling him what to say,* but what could I say? It could’ve been worse… And honestly I was expecting it to be.

“What exactly did you say?” if I was going to play along I would need to know what our story was at least. The last thing we needed was to get caught in our lie.

“To summarize it, we both happened to hiding from the rain storm in the church’s sanctuary. We were the only two there. The two of us sat there alone together even after the rain cleared,” he smiled to himself as he finished. It looked as if he was laughing at some personal joke.

“Is that all you told them?” I asked suspiciously. The way he was smiling made me think there was more to the story.

“That’s all,” he gave me an innocent look.

“Nothing extravagant or wild?” I raised one of my eyebrows and crossed my arms. It was inevitable that he was going to over sell it at some point.

“Would I lie to you?”  Before I even had time to think of a response the shrill sound of the bell called us back to the classroom.

*Better hurry* I sighed as I turned. Just as I was about to take a step forward he grabbed my hand. The sudden contact made me freeze in place.

“I wouldn’t you know…,” his voice was different than it had been before. It was soft and pleading. The sound of his voice melted my heart. Was this even the same Byunghun?

“I know…,” there was no thought. The words slipped from lips in a simplistic flow. I wanted to trust that voice; I want to trust him. Truly and sincerely, I did. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t escape that feeling.

“In a way, I wish that story was true… I can’t help feeling things would be different for both of us…,” he spoke in that same lulling way. His voice was almost hypnotic. I turned to watch his face. His eyes seemed so sad as they met mine.

“I think you’re right,” somehow those words seemed inadequate. His grip on my hand loosened as I heard him sigh.

“We should probably get to class if we don’t want to be stuck here after school,” I could almost hear the smile in his voice. Maybe he was different than I thought… Only time would tell.

~~~

Hello there again!

Just finished writting and going through this chapter. I hope you all like it! ^^

Feel free to comment!~