Rumors

Secretly Married to Lee Byunghun

It had been only a few days since I had first met Byunghun’s friends; that strange hodgepodge of a group. Ever since then I couldn’t help but to see Byunghun differently than I had before. I had to admit, they made the situation seem far less terrible then I had been feeling it was. Not to mention they were far less annoying than I had expected them to be. No harsh feelings meant by that of course. It was mainly just the fact that guys like them are notoriously not my kind of people.  Things had come pretty far in the short time since that awkward day in the park. It had to have been the fact that they outnumbered me by five that had made the prospect of meeting them seem so horrible in the first place. After being stuck next to them for a while I found myself laughing along with their jokes and actually enjoying the conversation that was bubbling all around me. It was strange; I had never really met a group of people quite like them in my life. I had come to the conclusion that the six of them where nothing more than your everyday gullible, nonsensical idiots.  It was nice in a way to be able to be around them. They were so carefree and kind; just like friends should be. It was hard not to feel like you belonged when you were with them.

When I really thought about it, there was no way I could say that it was their fault that everyone had glorified them to a point on excess. Every other thing you would hear out of most of the students’ mouths had something to do with this group of six boys. It seemed that every day the stories they passed around grew more and more extreme. One day the story would be they were dating an older woman, the very next day they would be talking about how one of them was the leader of a gang or something like that. It was more like a game to these people. Whoever made up the most extravagant story won. From what I could tell, none of them had ever asked to be anything more than who they were. They mostly ignored the stories. Sadly, this world finds it hard to ignore a pretty face.

“Yah! Are you even paying attention to me right now?” Daye waved her hand in front of my face, a hint of irritation peppering her voice. I snapped reluctantly out of my thoughts and looked to her. She had been a better peeved all day at nothing in particular. My suspicion was that she had stayed up too late studying the night before. I was tried my best to seem interested in whatever it was she was talking about.  It was something about a small scandal of some sort. It wasn’t something either of us was ever very interested in, but today Daye’s eyes gleamed with a certain mischievous glint as the story flurried from her lips.

“And apparently she married this guy,” my eyes shot to meet hers as I felt my heart nearly jump out of my chest.

“What?” Clearly mistaking my terror for the shock of the story, Daye nodded her head energetically.

“I know! Can you even believe that? And what’s even worse is that the two of them have been trying to keep it a secret,” she shook her head lightly as to say that she thought the subjects of the story to be ridiculous, “I’d hate to be those two right about now.” I could feel all the color flush from my checks as I let the words sinks in.

*There’s a good chance that this has nothing to do with Byunghun and me…* my hand shakily wandered to the ring still dangling from its chain; still just out of sight for the rest of the world.

“Hey Daye,” I put on my calmest voice as I spoke, “Where did you hear all that from? Does anyone know who they are?”

“Oh, everyone’s been talking about it recently. How haven’t you heard about it? It seems like it’s all anyone has been talking about. Mostly because everyone wants to be the first to figure out who these two are. Say, do you have a guess?” Daye looked around the cafeteria distractedly, not really waiting for my answer.

This was bad. This was really bad. What if someone had figured out what had happened between Byunghun and I? No. Why was I letting myself get all worked up over something that could turn out to be nothing more than rumors started by some first years for fun? No one even knew who these stories were supposed to be about. I would bet almost anything that it would die in less than a week.

*Even with that it would be best just to not think about it too much. That would only cause more trouble* But my mind was at odds with itself.  After five minutes, the noise of the cafeteria started to become too much for my racing mind. I stood up, my tray in my hands. Daye looked up to me with a worried look.

“I’m sorry. I’ve been bothersome. I didn’t mean to annoy you,” she looked to me apologetically.

“It’s not anything like that,” I shook my head with a light smile, “It’s just this place is a little bit too much for me today. I think I’m going to go to the library until the end of break and study.”

“Do you want me to go with you,” Daye was about to jump to her feet when I shook my head quickly.

“No, no; you stay here and enjoy your lunch. I’ll you see you in class, ne?” we nodded to each other before I rushed out of the cafeteria. I could feel more than a few sets of eyes following after me. Suspicion and fear crept through my mind as I hurried down the halls and up the stairs to the solitude of the library. At least I could get a bit of peace there…

~~~

After far too long I have finally returned to writing this story. I have been thinking about it for a while now. (For like a year) And now I'm finally free enough to actually do something with it. I hope that you still find this story worth reading. Or if you've just found it, I hope that you have enjoyed the story so far. Please look forward to the next chapter!! As always, please feel free to leave a comment~

(( I've gotten a bit lazy so I'm just going to use the title picture from now on I think. Sorry ^^" ))