Thirteenth

Secretly Married to Lee Byunghun

“Hey Myeongji” Daye’s voice cooed to me half a second after the final bell rang.

“Hm?” was all I answered as I hurriedly shuffled all of my notes from today’s lesson together as neatly as possible. I was more than ready to be home. It was a long day full of boring lessons and massive developments. I was still wondering about what Byunghun had said earlier, and what exactly was so important about it... I had plenty of time to figure it out now that the school day was over. Not to mention, it was finally the weekend. The very best time of the week- meant for rest and relaxation.

“We’re still on for tonight, right?” I froze on the spot, my eyes flashing to Daye as I registered the meaning of those words. What kind of friend was I to forget something like that?

“I’m so sorry, I can’t believe I forgot. I feel so bad, please forgive me” I could feel a pair of curious eyes watching us as I groveled. Daye just sighed lightly.

“It’s alright. I’m not upset. We can go to my place- if you don’t already have plans?” She watched my face uncertainly. I could swear I saw her eyes flash behind me to where Byunghun’s desk sat.

“Your place it is then” I smiled to her as brightly as I could manage, “I’ll be over after I make a quick trip home.” Byunghun could manage on his own for one night. Besides, with all that had been going on recently I hadn’t had any time to actually hang out with Daye. We studied together twice a week, but I wouldn't exactly call that fun.

“Great! I’ll see you later then,” she threw a smile and a wave my way as she headed out of the room.

“What was that all about?” Byunghun asked groggily. He had, no doubt, just woken up from what must’ve been the world’s greatest nap. He had fallen asleep halfway through the lesson and hadn’t moved until the bell rang. I stopped trying to wake him up a long time ago. He would just go right back to sleep every time.

“Daye and I always get together to watch a movie one night a month. I forgot it was my turn to host,” I answered with my back to him, busily filing everything into my backpack.

“Can I go?” he asked so energetically I nearly jumped out of my skin. 

*Where did all of that energy come from?*

“What? No way! Daye would definitely kill me” I scoffed as I slung my bag over my shoulder, “You must think you're still dreaming.”

“Ahw, come on” he pleaded as he followed me down the hallway, “I’m fun.” He smiled to me encouragingly.

“That’s not the question here. I just don’t think Daye would want you there. It’s usually just the two of us.” Byunghun was quiet for about a second before he chimed back in.

“What if I bought dinner?” he watched my expression hopefully.

“She has a staffed kitchen; we don’t need you to buy dinner.” I answered him matter-of-factly.

“But what if I made dinner?” he added as if that would solve it all.

“That doesn’t sound safe.”

“Stayed quit?”

“As if you could.”

“Sat outside?”

“Nope.”

“Stood on one foot while juggling apples?”

“What?” I stopped walking, completely taken aback,” Now you’re just being ridiculous.”

“Please, oh, please! Why can’t I go?!” he was all but throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the sidewalk.

“It’s not up to me,” I shrugged my shoulders, “Why do you want to go so badly anyways? It’ll just be me and Daye sitting around watching bad movies.”

“I just do.”His answered simply. I looked at him skeptically,” The house will be all lonely if you’re not there… so you should let me go.” I sighed heavily. When would he just give up on this?

“I can’t just take you with me, Byunghun.” He was acting like an absolute five year old. I definitely didn't sign up for this

“What if I asked Daye if I could go?” he asked.

“I guess I couldn’t argue with that, but how do you intend on asking her now? She’s probably half-way home by now.” He stopped and thought for a moment, before turning to me with a strange look.

“Your phone, I need to borrow it real quick.” Before I had time argue he was rummaging through my bag.

“H-Hey! Who do you think you are?!” I tried to push him away as best I could, but he just ignored me. All of my attempts did about as much harm as a butterfly trying to knock over a glass of water.

“Your husband; now stop moving around so much.” That word shocked me into silence. We never actually said those words out loud: husband and wife. Hearing it said so bluntly just sounded completely absurd. I just stood there dumbly as he stole my phone and called Daye.

“Aish” he looked at the phone as if it had insulted his mother, “no answer.” I snatched the phone out of his hand before he could dial the number again.

“Oh well, better luck next time. Why don’t you go hangout with one of your friends or something?” It isn’t like he doesn’t have anyone to call. Out of five people at least one of them had to be free.

“I guess, I could do that…But where’s the fun in that?” he huffed like a child who didn’t get what he wanted for Christmas.

*I hope he doesn’t turn into a child on me more often… Still, I should probably do something about this* 

“How about tomorrow you and I do something, just the two of us?” I spoke the words with a cheery smile, "We can go anywhere you like: you decide." He looked to me with a mischevious smirk.

"Anywhere at all?" I nodded my head lightly. 

"Just do me a favor and don't get too crazy with it."

 

~~~~~

Two chapters in a night!

This one is not as good as I hoped it would be,

But I should have the next chapter up tomorrow night!!

I hope you have enjoyed the story so far.

If you have any suggestions or comments feel free to leave a comment below.

I would absolutely cherish the input!

~♥~