Changed..?

Between Two

"This is not happening!"

 

Jieun rolled like a buffalo on her queen sized bed. She couldn't believe what just happend this morning. Her mind worked hard to process the information that Ms. Kim said, but that didn't bother her that much. What made her brain cells to explode and die any minute is the new transfer student.

 

Or should I say straight-to-the-point, the handsome lad ------Park Sanghyun.

 

"And wow! Eunhyuk oppa is 100% right..." Jieun gasped, with a shocked expresssion on her face.

 

 

"Miracles happen, Jieun. You'll see them very soon..."

"Miracles happen, Jieun. You'll see them very soon..."

"Miracles happen, Jieun. You'll see them very soon..."

 

 

Well, to be honest, she didn't expect what Eunhyuk said during breakfast will come to life that fast.

How is that even possible? We're seperated for almost 7 years! Eunhyuk oppa is not some sort of witch or fortune teller or...

 

 

Jieun blew her bangs. The memories of Thunder, Yoseob and her during their childhood days flew to her mind. The three of them spending time together playing in the playground, when suddenly Jieun cried over......

 

How I missed those days... A smile formed on Jieun's face without her noticing.

 

 

"Is that really Thunder? C-Cheondoong?" Jieun kept asking herself that question over and over again while rolling back and forth. 

 

It's obviously him you idiot. B-But he's...changed...He's not the cheerful Thunder I know... And obviously, he's avoiding me... 

 

 

She let out a sigh as she halted her RLAB. She sat up straight and glanced at the clock.

 

11:13 PM.

 

 

"Ugh, I haven't done any of my assignments..." Jieun grunted.

 

"Jieun-ah! Please start on your homework! We don't want you to be scolded by those cranky teachers!"

The pile of Biology, History, Geography and some other books that were placed neatly on her study table are begging for her to accomplish them. They won't be done if she keep rlab-ing all day you know.

 

5232147589901641 assignments How fustrating is that? 

 

 

Jieun's head ended up meeting with a soft pillow as she sigh yet again.

Suddenly, her mind wondered to the scene where she hold a conversation with Sanghyun in school this morning... 

 

***

"Cheondoong-ah!"

After the school bell rang, Jieun finally call out for her long lost childhood friend, Sanghyun. He's been quiet since their first eye contact during their class. Sanghun stopped at his tracks, but was hessitant to turn around and face Jieun. She was relieved when Sanghyun noticed herheard her call.

 

"Jieun-ah! We're heading home now! You're not joining us?"

Luna pointing Jiyeon and herself with her index finger. Looks like Jieun almost forgot about her two bestfriends. 

Then, she gestured her buddies to go home without her and said, "Um, I'll see you guys later, okay? I think I need to..."Jieun stole a glance at Cheondoong, who was fixed to the ground on where he was standing, his back facing her. "Nevermind, I'll explain later."  

Luna and Jiyeon glanced at each other, before eyeing Jieun suspiciously. With a quick nod, they head out. Left only Jieun and Sanghyun in the classroom.

 

Jieun's lips went dry and her mind suddenly went blank. What should she say to him? She breathes in and out to shrug of the nervousness off her shoulders. Sanghyun, on the other side, clenched his fist which Jieun didn't even noticed.

 

Finally, she said, "Cheondoong, I'm glad-"

"Don't call me with that name."  Jieun was stunned for a moment. She took little steps towards Sanghyun. This was her childhood  friend. Was. She swallowed a lump in .

 

"Cheondoong, what are you talking about-"

"I said, DON'T call me that!" Sanghyun said and turned around, now facing the shocked Jieun. The rising tone in his voice sent her stumbled backwards. Silence.

Jieun stared at her long lost friend for awhile, studying his face. Still the same good-looking face, but his coldness made her shiver. She saw the anger in his eyes. Real anger.

 

"It's like-"

Before Jieun could finish her sentence, he was already leaving. 

 

***

 

A sigh escaped from Jieun's lips. She sat up, rubbing her eyes. Glancing at the clock, and then her assignments. Jieun didn't realised she drifted to sleepland. But she had a dream. She woke up from a bad dream. A bad dream about Park Sanghyun.

"It's like I never know you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At least my writing improved slightly...Yay.. .___.