The Pains of the First Day Round of Classes (Part 2)

Living With Seo Eun Kwang: Will Love Succeed?

 

Hyeong Kon practically drags himself to the newly opened Tutti Fruitti and honestly, I feel really bad. He is carrying me on his back.

 

“Yah, let me down if you’re tired. I didn’t want to do this in the first place. I said you were going to be tired as heck. You’re not a pack mule, let me down,” I say near his ear, practically a whisper.

 

“No. I went to the army, Mi Seok. I can hold you. I’ve carried more before, so just enjoy the ride,” he replies, out of breath.

 

“Dang it. Let me down if you are going to have some sort of asthma attack. Oppa, jebal?” I wasn’t expecting aegyo to work but it does.

 

“Fine. Suit yourself.”

 

        We enter the store and the array of flavors surprise him but he goes straight for the mango one. I, on the other hand, choose the soybean flavor. The flavors didn’t seem to hold his attention very well because as soon as he sees the toppings, he flips a lid.

 

“Woah! How is it possible to have so many things on one cup of ice cream?” Hyeong Kon’s eyes practically bulge from their sockets.

 

“We had this in L.A. too. It’s not that great. What’s the matter with you?” I laugh half-heartedly.

 

“Well, honestly, I recently came out of the army and well, I haven’t had time to really you know,” his smile turns into a cute pout. For someone that went to the army, he acts like a child.

 

“Oh, well, I didn’t know. I’m glad you chose me as your first friend!”

 

“I’m glad too. Now, pick your stuff so I can pay.”

 

“We should be worrying about your choices. Did you not pay attention to your reactions? They were adorable.”

 

“So, you think I’m adorable?” his eyes light up and he tries to tickle my stomach.

 

“Yes, you’re adorable. If you tickle me, you die.”

 

“Fine. Haha.”

 

         Hyeong Kon is such a sweetheart. Whenever he eats, it’s the cutest thing ever. When did he become so adorable? Haha, what am I thinking? We’ll be best friends; I know it.

 

“Mi Seok. Mi Seok?” I didn’t realize he was calling me.

 

“What? Huh?”

 

“Are you okay? You spaced out for a second.”

 

“It’s just stress. It’s been a while since I’ve had to work so hard for just one day.”

 

“How so?” He sounds genuine.

 

“Well, I am smart and all but not as smart as the people here. Um, wait. What’s the story with Eun Kwang?”

 

“Oh, you remembered?” his eyes lower.

 

“Well, yes… I have to see them as soon as I go home so I want to know what happened,” my voice is annoyed, I didn’t mean for it to be.

 

“Fine, I’ll tell you part of it.”

 

“Go on.”

 

        Hyeong Kon seems very uncomfortable whenever I bring the others up but he tells me part of the story anyway. Apparently, he isn’t as innocent as he seems.

 

“The story is like this, I practically used to be their “big brother” or “hyung” if you want; at least I was until Eun Kwang got his first girlfriend.”

 

“How long ago?”

 

“Seven years ago, I believe?”

 

“Ah, I see. Go on.”

 

“Well, her name was Kwon Mi Hyuk. She was one of the most beautiful women I’d ever laid eyes upon and at the time I was around seventeen at the time and she was fifteen. Let’s just say, I stole her from him. He was so in love with her, I deeply regret it,” he looks as if he were to cry.

 

“You…. Slept with her?”

 

“Yes, and well, Eun Kwang was supposed to be her first. I was, not him.”

 

“I understand why he’d be angry. I would have too but it still doesn’t explain why he’s so cocky and rude.”

 

“Is that why you hate him? Haha! He was a spoiled kid, he acted like that with her too and she hated it. As a matter of fact, you remind me of her,” he smiles softly.

 

“Ah, how ironic. I remind Peniel of Eun Kwang’s mother.”

 

“You’re exactly like her, I see why. Eun Kwang was super close with his mother too. They were practically inseparable until she died in a car accident.”

 

“I’m so apologetic towards him now.”

 

“Don’t be. He’s not over it but that is no excuse for him to be such a di-, I mean, a nappeun namja.”

 

        The atmosphere grows darker by the minute. Why do I feel Hyeong Kon is hiding more? Why do I feel as if he is the bad guy instead of Eun Kwang? No, he isn’t. He can’t be.

 

“You’re thinking I’m the bad guy, huh? Everyone does,” his slight smile immediately turns into a long frown.

 

“No. Actually, look, I don’t know. I’m so sorry.”

 

“No, don’t be. Ah, we need to go back to class.”

 

“Damn. Okay.”

 

        We head towards the exit and speak of the devil, Eun Kwang is there. As soon as I take a step out, he grabs me by the arm and drags me home. Hyeong Kon was too shocked to do anything; I don’t blame him.

 

         Despite my many protests, he trudges on, the air seemed thicker, almost suffocating. We reach our doorstep and he lets go. He’s not fuming but he does seem upset. Is he freaking bipolar?

 

“Mi Seok, listen. I don’t want you hanging out with him,” he calmly says. I can smell his breath; he’s been drinking. He’s been drinking a lot.

 

“And if I disobey?” His face darkens at the words. “He told me everything. Why weren’t you man enough to go up against him or more importantly, why weren’t you man enough to tell her you still loved her?”

 

“It’s more complicated than you think,” he’s grinding his teeth, he’s even balling his fists.

 

“You’re kidding right? If I were you, I would have stood up. I don’t care if you were fifteen, I would have stood up to him and told her I loved her, are you that much of a coward? And on top of that you’re sleeping around to ignore the pain? Do you really believe you’re man enough for them? Do you believe you can order me around?” I came off angrier than desired.

 

        The other six members were just a block away. Their faces seemed as if they had just come from a fraternity party but they turn grim as they see a drunken Eun Kwang arguing with a naïve me.

 

“Do you believe you’re all that? I barely transferred and all I get from you guys is stupidity! Seriously, grow the hell up!” I held in my frustrations for too long and as a result, I was taking it out on a guy with emotional problems. I am prepared for the worst.

 

          His face twisted into an angered state; he had enough. He had enough; he actually slapped me. The impact left a large red palm-print. Fire accents my face, it stung so much that I whimpered. My whimpers echoed in the night and as if that wasn’t enough, those drunken bastards just laughed an told me I deserved it.

 

            Eun Kwang wasn’t laughing. He just stood there, shocked by his own action. I, for one, ran into my room and locked myself there. I just wanted to leave but I knew I took the whining too far; however, it was still no reason for him to hit me.

 

“Mi Seok! Open the door! I’m sorry,” Eun Kwang knocks relentlessly half an hour later.

 

         Silence fills my room. I’m too upset to move. The others tell him to give up because they knew it’d be ugly if I did come out. I only forgave them because well, they didn’t hit me. Eun Kwang did.

 

“Mi Seok. Please.”

 

          Giving up, I crack the door, “If you don’t leave, I’m reporting you to the D.A. You’re in need of therapy.” Just like that, he’s quiet and the house hears nothing but crickets.

 

Dear Journal,

Eun Kwag hit me. He hit me. I know what I said was wrong but he hit me. That bastard.

All I know is that only Hyeong Kon is forever a friend. He never will be.

Never say never.

-Mi Seok

 

AUTHOR NOTE: Ooh. Eun Kwang hit you. >.< LOL, I'm so sorry HoneyMelodies. Just felt like there should be even more drama. If it doesn't make sense, I'm sorry. ^^ But I updated, yay! Enjoy. Comment and subscribe, please!