Meeting My Roommates.... How Fun....

Living With Seo Eun Kwang: Will Love Succeed?

         I couldn't care less whether or not I hurt Eun Kwang's face. The blondie deserved it. I mean, come on, you NEVER grab a girl from the waist and expect her to act all calm. Maybe he was used to the girls here doing that but I wasn't. I have standards, dammit. I unpack everything and just lay there on my bed. Well, I didn't exactly "lay" there. I more or so just lingered. I wasn't sure what they use this bed for and I don't want to find out. After I got up to turn on the television set and boy is that baby huge, I hear a few shouts from the living room.

"Eun Kwang-ah!~" the most adorable voice I have ever heard in my entire life sang.

"Hyung! Min Hyuk says he needs you to go on a blind date with a girl he just picked up. Her ugly best friend is -blocking," a masculine voice shouts.

"HELL NO!" Eun Kwang says as he opens his bed room door. I'm guessing they saw his face or they just found a sorority girl laying face down in a pool of soju. I'll have to go with choice number one.

"Holy crap! What happened to our leader's face?" one of the boys, who I presume is American, shouts in English.

"Yah! I don't speak English well. idiot! Speak in Korean or Chinese! Wait, your stupid doesn't know Chinese!" Eun Kwang yells in frustration.

"Oh, shut up. If it weren't for Peniel, you wouldn't have been able to ask out that foreign exchange student last week," the same cute voice from earlier clicks his tongue.

            Surprisingly, Blondie stays quiet. My curiosity takes over and I stalk into the living room. The boys haven't noticed me yet or they're probably just ignoring me. Each of them are surprisingly handsome, even Eun Kwang. Wait, what am I saying? The dude d me IN PUBLIC. What the heck is wrong with me? His hair, those eyes, those lips. I wonder if he's good-Hwang Mi Seok! Shut up!

"Yo, Mi Seok. Mi Seok! Snap out of it," Eun Kwang's slender fingers greet my face and grab my attention as I snap out of my impure thoughts. "Out of your illusion? Yes? Good. I thought you were going to have a seizure." I knee him in the thigh. "Ow," he says, flicking my forehead.

"Looks like we'll be having a couple soon," a muscular looking boy whispers in my ear. Apparently, he just came back home from who knows where. Sorority slumber party perhaps? He does smell like cheap liquor and slu-I mean tutti fruity perfume. I catch Eun Kwang shoot him a glare and as he sees this, he raises his hands and stalks into his room, giggling I may add.

          The other boys snicker and tease the both of us for our childish, HIS childish, behavior. "Mi Seok, meet your roommates and my group mates. The one who just came in is Lim Hyun Shik, our main dancer and one of our vocals. The boy, I mean MAN, who has weird lips is Yook Sung Jae, our youngest member and one of our vocals. The Shin Dong look-a-like is Lee Chang Seob, one of our vocals and our aegyo representative," Eun Kwang sighs deeply then continues. "The one you see watching that American movie," he pointed towards the guy with the shapely face who was laying spread eagle on the futon, "is Peniel Shin. He's from Chicago. The squirrel doppelganger is Lee Min Hyuk. Obviously, he's the "face" of our group. Everyone loves him and the one you see sitting on the couch is Jung Il Hoon, our main rapper. Aren't they daebak?"

          Ignoring Eun Kwang's gestures, I decided to introduce myself. By the time he was done explaining who was who, I managed to gather everyone's phone number and class schedules. Stalker-ish, you ask? Why no. I like being organized and I won't have a bunch of bozos messing that up. Eun Kwang noticed this and grabbed my wrist. As soon as he did that, I stomped on his foot, gave the "mehrong" face, and stalked to my room. You could just sense the tension that was hanging in the air, much like the odor of an old curtain in a poorly ventilated area. Then followed the one I believe is Peniel.

"Hey, he likes you, just saying. So you shouldn't give him a hard time," he says as he snoops through my Hello Kitty snack bag.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"I smell fruit jellies... I like them so I want one."

"Why don't you just ask?"

"Sorry, I forgot. Found it! Can I have it?

"Yeah sure," I motion for him to leave.

"He likes you, you know. You remind him of his mother. She passed away a while ago," he says in between bites.

"Then he should show it. He acts like a douche."

"No seriously... Forget it."

"Sure."

         What an awkward converstaion. Drama would just so happen to show up only 10 minutes into your stay at Han Yang. It always did he you moved around. Something puzzled me. Why did Peniel keep saying Eun Kwang liked me and why did he have to say that right after we had a quarrel? In the midst of my pondering, speak of the devil, Eun Kwang showed up in my room and told me to help with the cooking. I obeyed and walked out with my head down. I swear he was laughing.

        As soon as I walk out I see a couple of skimpily-clad girls in the living room giggling their butts off about how handsome the boys were. They even dared to speak to me. They looked so inappropriate that I didn't even want to speak to them. (A/N The girls wore something like this)

"Hi! You must be looking to get initiated," the blonde one with a very annoying voice said as she slapped my hip.

"You touch me there one more time and your hair will be stained red," I glared at her.

"Calm down, jagi," Eun Kwang hugs me from behind and ignores my protests. "No, she won't be initiating. They can't play around with her because she's mine."

         Then he does the unthinkable, he leaves a freaking hickey on my neck! Okay, honestly it felt nice to have someone hug me but a hickey? Does he know how much make up it takes to cover that up? The girls squeal in protest and ask why is an ordinary girl with him and when they don't look, I elbow him in the well, you-know. He grunts but then fakes a pleasant smile while I leave. Our roommates give me thumbs-ups and snickers fill the air. Han Yang University life is definitely going to be interesting!

 

THE NEXT DAY:

         I woke up at three in the morning but there was something or rather, someone putting its weight on me, constricting my airway and placing me in a very compromised position. As I tossed and turned to get out of the thing's grasp, it just restricts me even more by pinning my wrists down and using its legs to squeeze my abdomen. Then, I make a guess as to who or what this person was; EunKwang, it just had to be EunKwang. Failing to get out, I drifted off to sleep once more. Again, it was constricting my airway.

"Good morning, sunshine!" EunKwang smiles with a plate of whatever-he-made-that's-supposed-to-be-breakfast; as I hear his voice, I jolt up and angrily stalk towards him.

"Good morning? You have to be kidding right? Are you crazy? You bastard! You were in the room, weren't you? I'm going to kill you," I grab the lamp on the desk to my right.

"Ya! Calm down! I never went in the damn room! What the hell! I'm not a ert!" he yelled, hands up in defense.

"Then who the hell was it? A freaking ghost?! You ert!" I attempt throwing the lamp in his direction but he manages to catch my wrists and pins me towards the wall; this was not the feeling I had the night before. Maybe he wasn't the one who pinned me down in my own bed.

"Um... Mi Seok?" Peniel whispers from the doorway, wide-eyed as he sees our position, our faces barely an inch away.

"WHAT?" I accidently yell.

"I think that was SungJae... You see, he sleepwalks and well, if he's dreaming something, anything in his way will be a part of it. Seeing he pinned you down and put you in a chokehold, he thought he was wrestling," Peniel blushed.

"Oh... EunKwang, I'm sorry."

"Whatever," he walked out of the room. Were those tears in his eyes?

         I'll figure out what is wrong with him later. He seems to be a little sensitive. The others ate quietly; they knew EunKwang was in a horrid mood and they didn't speak to me because they knew I was a part of it. They knew he was angry with me and I could understand why. Or did I? Whatever, it's time to record my thoughts anyway.

 

Dear Journal,

The strangest thing happened today, I swear EunKwang was tearing when he left the room. Did I really do something wrong? I mean, he is a douche and all but I don't like when I make people cry... Anywho. The dorm is cozy but I can't help but feel uncomfortable. There is something wrong here. I don't know what it is but I feel as if something bad will happen; nothing scary just... Heartache? I don't know b ut hopefully these two years fly by and I'll be a trainee.

Love,

Mi Seok

 

True love can only be achieved if both sides realize they cannot live without one another; they must both realize each other's true feelings rather than force it.

-Anonymous