The Pains of the First Day Round of Classes (Part 1)

Living With Seo Eun Kwang: Will Love Succeed?

          After I ate the "breakfast" EunKwang made for everyone, I ran out of the house hoping I wouldn't encounter those two bimbos again. I didn't realize how large the house was until I looked around last night; the exterior looked so dainty and fragile but it really wasn't. This home was the home of the seven dwarfs and I was Snow White but this was in no way a fairy tale. I walked all the way to the courtyard; the campus was beautiful. The red-tinted brick walls looked magnificent; it was straight out of a movie. The students were like the ones you only saw in movies too. All the female students were pretty and in shape but I was the only one that stood out; after all, I was from the U.S. Apparently we were the most unfit country out of all the others on the Earth. Honestly, I couldn't argue with that; we had a Mc Donald's restaurant around almost every corner you could find. Enough about food, I'm getting snacky. Haha, if snacky is even considered a word.

         The dorms around the campus were beautiful too. Everything was just so beautiful or maybe it was me, I was just so in love with my new school. Colombia University was pretty and all but Han Yang University was where my parents both attended and coincidentally, this was where they met. Ah, I loved coming here every summer. They would relive their college days and I would just sit there and watch as if it were a movie. I miss my parents. I miss the U.S. The people here are so cocky.

         As if fate desired it, a student bumped into me; quite hard I may add. Honestly, I was about to yell but when I saw his face, I couldn't help but to giggle. He was super cute! His hair was tousled, as if he just had gotten out of bed, which was a possibility. The sun's rays kissed his blonde hair, making it shine like Sailor Moon when she transforms. His lips were quite kissable, plump and curved in a way that could make any girl swoon. His eyes, oh, his eyes; they were so beautiful, almost cat-like and piercing but in a gentle way, if that even makes sense. He was built too, like, his muscles were showing through his soft blue button down; the impact seemed to have opened one of the top buttons and revealed his alluring collar bone. Is it bad I wanted to bite it? Ah, hormones, go away! 파리 가!

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I was on my way to," he never finished his sentence, he just stares at me. I liked it.

"Huh? Oh no, it's fine. Hehe, um. I'm new here," I snap out of my daze and blurt out the news.

"Oh. Welcome to Han Yang. I hope you like it here. I'm HyeongKon by the way. Kim HyeongKon," he smiles sweetly, making me melt on the inside.

"Hello! Wait, I said that already. Haha. Forgive me, I'm tired. I'm MiSeok," I extend my hand and he kisses it lightly. I think "EEEEEEP!"

"Maiden name?" he asks, his head cocked to the side.

"I don't give out my maiden name. Not to strangers anyway," I smile.

"I see. Well, I have practice, can we spe-" he's cut off by a guy behind me.

"Hyeong Kon. What the hell are you trying to pull?" Min Hyuk asks, sounding angry.

"What's up, MinHyuk? Long time, no see, bro," he smiles mischievously.

"I'm not your brother. MiSeok, leave."

"What if I don't want to?" my hands immediately find their place on my hips.

"Then you'll regret it," he turns away from Hyeong Kon, a fiery glint appears in his eyes.

"If you threaten her one more time MinHyuk," HyeongKon doesn't finish.

"You'll what? Kill me? Ha! You only want to get in her pants," he smirks.

          I didn't want to into their fight but when it came to my dignity and image, I had to step in. I just had to. He probably won't understand. They all wouldn't. At least HyeongKon was being kind to me and I didn't live with him. I lived with these donkeys.

"Are you trying to call me a , Min Hyuk?"

"No. You came up with that on your own, Mi Seok; but if the shoe fits."

"You son of a firetruck!" I yelled, stomping away; the bell ringing in the background.

"Ya, if yo can't take the heat, step out of the kitchen," he yells after me.

"Screw you! If I weren't already late, you'd be slapped."

         HyeongKon followed me. MinHyuk was left in a state of shock because he saw I had the balls to stand up to him rather than kiss him like all the other girls. I wasn't like that; I never will be like that.

"I'm so sorry about Min Hyuk," I said as I bolted to class.

HyeongKon had no problem keeping up. "No, I should be apologizing. He wouldn't have acted that way if I didn't speak with you," he replied, almost regretful.

"Why does he even care? What happened?"

"What's your class? And I'll tell you later," he changes the subject.

"Uh, Microbiology. Yours?" I avoid asking more.

"Same. With Mr. Choi? He's chill but we have 30 seconds to get in our seats before he bursts."

"Okay."

         We run into the room as if we were being chased by a pack of zombies, we did not fail to grab the attention of the entire class; we even earn a few giggles.

"MiSeok, introduce yourself to the class then we'll get started," Professor Choi calls on me while reading his newspaper.

         As the good girl I am, I get up and stalk to the front of the class. The students look at me with excitement boiling over in their eyes. One, who looked a lot like Myung Soo from INFINITE glared at me. What did I do? Oh yeah, he was sleeping when I bursted in, haha. I earn a few snickers from the girls in the front row; their eyes glazing over with thoughts of how to haze me or something. They were typical queenkas or whatever the hell they were called here. In California, we just called them (and forgive my crude language) "es", "". and even "plastics". Well, they did look like Barbies but with horrible personalities. Even if I didn't know the girls, I knew what type they were right off the bat.

"Ya. 상년. 파리," the brunette in the skimpy skirt called out to me. She was obviously stupid. Why would I transfer to a Korean University if I didn't know Korean? Only a few of the people giggled at her. Translation: , hurry. Yeah, she called me a dog. She needs an internal makeover. Just to prove my point, I whispered to the teacher if I could write it out then vocalize it. He agrees but gives me a strange look right after.

         I write very clearly so she can see it. Yes, I was doing this just for the brunette and the people that snickered. "안녕하세요 학생 슌배님들. 황미석 입니다." Honeslty, that's all I wrote just to prove to her I could write. She also needed a reading lesson. I'm surprised he teacher didn't say anything to her. Strange. Then, I began my introduction. All the people who thought I was stupid immediately became awe-struck.

"Hi, I'm Hwang Mi Seok. I am from the U.S. As you can see, I transferred from the IVY League University, Colombia. I'm proud to have been able to transfer to Han Yang without any difficulty. Please be kind to me. And yes, for those that do not know, I'm half-Korean and half-(Insert other ethnicity here), which explains my "strange" appearance. Thank you." I bow respectfully and go back to my seat, Hyeong Kon gives me the thumbs up.

         After Microbiology came English. I fell asleep in that one and so did HyeongKon. Did I menbtion he was smart? After English was World History; EunKwang took HyeongKon's seat and bothered me the entire time.

"You'll be cooking dinner right?"

"Whatever."

"You'll be cleaning, right?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"You'll be quiet when we bring our dates over, right?"

"Shut up. As long as YOU keep quiet, I will be."

"I'm not promising anything. The sorority girls are all screamers."

"God, you're a ert."

"No, I'm a man."

"Shut up."

"No."

         The argument went on and on for two hours, the ahjumma didn't even notice. She just kept lecturing. Thank gosh it was my last class and I could go sleep. HyeongKon also promised me he'd carry me home. Come on, we got close quickly and I like him. He was practically my best friend already. Eun Kwang kept pestering and thank gosh, the bell rings! I am FREE AH!.

"Mimi!" HyeongKon swiftly puts me on his back.

"Nae Hyeongie?" I giggle at how cute he seems.

"Ice cream?"

"Sure." EunKwang saw us and I swear I saw jealousy flash over his eyes but as soon as a girl from the sorority hit on him, it went away just as quick as it came.

 

A/N: Mwuuahahahahah... I keep you hangin' for now. ^^ What do you think will happen with you and HyeongKon? ^^ Nothing dirty... Not until chapter... IDK but it's a loooooong way... This love story will have a slightly dirty chapter unsuitable for those who are either too young or too innocent. I'm no byuntae but it would be kinda boring if there wasn't a moment where MiSeok and someone have an intimate time. THERE WILL BE SUBSTANCE to the scene, trust me. I HATE when the parts don't make any sense or give substance to the story. Anneyong!