Chapter 1: Dreams to Be Told

Living With Seo Eun Kwang: Will Love Succeed?

          The sun's ray finds it way into the room, shining upon everything in sight. The gleam hits my alarm clock and as if the ray of light were the trigger, the alarm sounds, bringing everything in the room to life. My body springs up, ignoring the dream siren's call. "Wow, another day of Senior Year. It feels no different from the last one," I whisper to myself and the stuffed animals in the room.

"Mi Seok! Breakfast! You'll need the energy today!" My father souns a bit more excited this morning than ususal. Is it someone's birthday? Is it my birthday? No. Mine was two months ago. Why is the old man so excited today? Did Mother put extra sugar in his coffee or something?

          I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. Five minutes or so and brushed my teeth. Well, brushing my teeth was a bad idea. Haha. I'd be drinking orange juice in a little while. I'm stupid. My father just wouldn't stop calling me so I get dressed for school and rush downstairs to see why he was so excited. When I got downstairs, I am greeted by tewnty people. Yes, twenty people are in my living room. None of them seem to be my friends. They're all business colleagues. actually.

         You see, my parents own two companies. One is an electronics company that is more advanced than Apple Incorporated and the other is a baked goods chain. Both companies are named after our family: Hwang Electronics and Hwang's Feel Happy Bakery. On top of that, I am the successor to them as long as I keep my mind on school and business but little do they know, I can't just stick with the business. I have other dreams, other goals. I don't want to be in an arranged marriage with a jackass who goes by the name of Song Chan Ho. He's a stuck up guy at our high school and I want nothing to do with him. Also, I don't want to take on the company. The responsibility is a burden and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

         I awake from the daze I threw myself in only to find myself being stared down by Mother and given strange looks by my colleagues. Embarrassed, I start up a converstaion with the jack-I mean, Chan Ho and go from there. The distraction went smoothly until I remembered I didn't know why they were all so happy this morning.

"Um. Why are you all here?" I asked, being as monotone as possible.

"Why, Jagiya. It's your acceptance celebration,"Chan Ho hugs me from behind.

"Call me 'Jagiya' one more time and you'll be seeing stars," I whisper so that he can only hear. Everyone else seemed to take it as a romantic moment, they all just "awed" at us. Gross.

"I will be seeing stars, in your bed," I felt him smirk.

        With that being said, I nudge him in the stomach and turn around. I smile sweetly and peck his cheek. "Mianhae, jerk. NOT." He just scowls at me and plays it off as an abdominal cramp.

"Congratulations on making it into Columbia," Cris says, petting my head.

"Ah. So that's why they were so excited?"

"And you're not? You made it to an Ivy League school on full scholarship even if your parents had the money to pay for it. I'd do anything to be in your spot!" he yells quietly.

"Yeah, well. All they care about is the company and how I will run it one day. I should tell them about my other dream," I whisper back to him.

"Well, you better tell them when we all leave or your mother will have a cow," he winks and leaves.

"Damn, you."

         The party boke up a while ago and for once, I actually missed one day of school but that didn't mean I didn't have another schedule. It's my Senior Year and I'm still busy as hell. My parents are killing me, man. I took the silence as an opportunity to speak with them.

"Mother, I need to speak with you both," I poke my head into their bedroom.

"Honey! Mi Seok needs to speak with us!" she yells towards the bathrrom.

         As soon as they both step in the living room, my business face takes over. The discussion took a while. I knew they were going to be mad but not that mad. Big mistake.

"I want to become a singer in the Korean industry," I blurt, awaiting a smack from my mother. Instead she balled her hands into fists. Not good.

"Excuse me?" Father asks, looking rather disappointed.

"I'm still going to Columbia but will transfer to Han Yang University later," I pull a schedule and a plan from the desk I keep everything precious to me in.

They were shocked that they never saw that and yelled, "When did you develop this, this dream of yours? Do you know how stupid you are?"

"Call me stupid again and you'll never hear from me again," I grit my teeth.

         This time, I became angry and said everything I've been thinking for the past 17 years. "How am I stupid if I made it into Columbia? How am I STUPID if I was the one that helped the company get back on it's feet after the lawsuit against you, Father? And lastly, how am I STUPID if I stopped you two from getting a divorce over a fling you BOTH had? Tell me, am I stupid?" I put emphasis on eberything that needed emphasis.

        Their reactions were something to be expected. Mother raises her hand to me but Father catches it. I didn't flinch. I stood my ground. Just then, the maid comes into the room and starts vaccuuming.

"We'll speak later," Father whispers. We never did.

         A week later, I packed for Columbia, happy that I was getting away from them. My parents were no longer abgry because they thought it was all just a phase. They were wrong. I waved goodbye and got into my car. This was going to be a long two years.

 

TWO YEARS LATER

        Chan Ho hugged me and apologized for the night before. I am actually starting to like this idiot. Not like like but just like. LOL. I told him it was okay and got onto my plane, he winked at me and told me he'd see me in his dreams. What an idiot. Yeah, an idiot. I didn't change much over the past two years. I managed to keep a 4.0 G.P.A. and keep in touch with sports and student council. Yeah, I'm the best. Haha. As the plane took off, I fell asleep.

        The plane lands and I jolt awake. My Korean senses tingle and I believe it landed in Busan. I would have to take a taxi to Seoul. Damn. I get my bags and whistle for a taxi, as it approaches, the man looks me up and down and speaks in Engrish.

"Fowhena. I tink?" he winks.

"Geokcheonma. Ara hangeul," I just put words from dramas together. LOL. He went quiet.

        I get out of the taxi and take in the scenery of Han Yang and look over the students. Wow, they were all pretty. The boys were prettier than the girls. How does that even work? Haha. My excited runs to the admissions office, ignoring the stares my action receieved. I approach the young boy over the counter and ask him for my single dorm key. The llok in his eyes when he checks his laptop says that there is a problem.

 

"I'm sorry, ma'am but we don't seem to have you in the records for a single dorm. You'll have to move into the co-ed houses," the boy only a few years older than me mumbled, only making me frustrated.

"No. I paid for a SINGLE dorm. Not a CO-ED dorm. Why the hell should I be living with DUDES?" I enunciated every single word.

"Check for yourself... It says your credit card was cut," he says shyly, positioning his laptop towards me.

Oh, hell no. Those two actually cut me off! Just for coming here for college? Are you kidding me? How the hell did they even remember? I'm going to murder Secretary Jang, I swear. 

          I looked at the screen in anger and maybe disbelief. I had to live with other men now. Alone. In a frat house? I'm going to get ! Are they crazy? In the midst of my mini-tantrum, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder but decided to ignore it. I was doing a pretty good job until the donkey said something out of bounds.

"Ah, JunHyeon-ah. Is this the new roomate? We'll probably know each other very well by the end of the week."

"Get your hand off of me!" I slapped it away, earning a slight frown from the blonde guy.

"Nice way of greeting your sunbae," he muttered angrily.

"I'm sorry, I don't speak to rapists," I retorted and walked to my new home.

            I looked at my surroundings. It was filthy. Not like dirty ot anything but you can just tell from the looks of it all the guys were players. They'd probably have girls over every night. Oh my god. Somebody kill me.

Then, I felt someone grab me by my waist. "Now, let's try introductions again," a familiar voice growled.

"D-don't d-do anyt-thing," I managed to mutter. I was shocked, what do you think I'd say?

He let go of me and frowned. "I'm Seo Eun Kwang. It's no pleasure to meet you and it looks like we'll be roomates for the time being. Your room is on the far end. It's messy as hell because Min Hyuk had a girl over last night and the boyfriend found them sleeping and tried beating the hell out of him. The bed frame is in shambles and so is the television. Good luck with cleaning up."

"That son of a donkey," I mumbled. To get payback, I waited until he stalked to his room and I ran. I hit him in the back of the head and locked myself in the room. He wasn't joking. I had a crap ton of work to do. They're dead for sure when I'm done.

"YOU WANNA DIE?" I heard him roar and slam his door shut.

"Yep."

 

A/N: I'm sorry if this seems like a small update... It took me an hour and seemed longer. Haha. I hope it meets your standards and you'll e seeing some actio real soon. Her activities and auditions are coming up. Is that a love triangle you already smell? Or maybe even a love decagon? LOL Haha. Please comment and subscribe!~ Love you!~