Eternity

Drabbles

 

Eternity

                The river twisted off, seemingly into eternity, disappearing in a sharp point against the horizon.

                Along the bed was a slim boy, dressed in tattered clothing and carrying a heavy, likewise ripped backpack. He had no particular goal in mind as he first started followed the never-ending body of water, his feet carrying him until the sneakers gifted to him by the only man he had ever loved began to fall apart at the very seams, the hard rubber being replaced by soft skin by weathered skin. He still kept walking, and would until the dark river petered out and all that before him was a vast field—and Kyungsoo.

                There was no concept of time in his trance, one second blending seamlessly into the next until there was no tomorrow or yesterday. It was only an endless now, from which he almost couldn’t escape.

                And in the moment that he began to doubt an end would ever come, the fog cleared, though he had never before noticed its existence.

                His steps faltered, as though he could no longer support his own body. Pain, long forgotten pain, echoed through his body as he closed the distance between him and the dark silhouette at the river’s head.

                “Kyungsoo….”

                “Jongin,” the man smiled, deep wrinkles crinkling from the action. Jongin blinked, looking down at his hands, surprised to see they were no longer smooth and clear, wrinkles and deep scars marring the body he once remembered. He looked up with wide eyes at his once-lover, realization hitting him hard as the other kissed him softly for the first time in decades.

                After all this time, it hadn’t been he who was waiting to return to Kyungsoo…. It had been the other way around.

 

My drabbles seem to resolve around death lately ㅠㅠ But if you read “Lock and Key” (not making assumptions; I’m not that conceited, just saying) than you may know that I haven’t been in a fluffy mood recently =__= At least this one ended kind of happily :) Reunited~ Yes, Kai died. Unlike with “Falling” (which I honestly loved, I don’t know why) I don’t want to explain everything. So make your own inferences besides that :)

And I think this was my first KaiSoo…. I don’t know where it came from, but it was two sides exactly of a 7.5”x5” paper. Like all things I write, it all started with the first line. Everything just developed from that initial image.

Feel free to comment or not. I know there’s not much to say, so I won’t feel bad :)

If you want, you could give me prompts. I really want to use this collection to help me get back into writing, because I miss it x(