Falling

Drabbles

 

 

                Little white flakes fell softly from the dark grey sky, turning the ground into an endless blank canvas and staining his hair white. He didn’t move, couldn’t move, as the turned colder and colder, the wind picking up its pace and sending the fallen dust into a majestic dance incomparable to any other.

                Night fell with little ceremony, and soon morning rose once again. Still he didn’t move, the silhouette of his hunched back the only feature of his visible in the growing flurry.

                Tears plunged to the ground, the warm drops eating greedily through the cold wet ground. Chanyeol’s caramel-colored hair aged slowly as he stood before the plot of land that held meaning only to him. The wilted petals grabbed hastily from their old rosebush fell to the earth in the same manner as the snow had in the preceding days, polluting the ground a repugnant red and brown.

                A choked “I love you” escaped his lips as he studied the heart wrenching contrast between the dead petals of the flowers He had loved so much, and the frosted Earth which had caused His death a year ago to the date. Legs no longer capable of holding him up, Chanyeol fell to the ground, sobs echoing through the empty night sky.

                The black silhouette stood from his perch on the fractured wooden fence, tears staining his cheeks. “I love you, too,” Baekhyun whispered before his temporary body exploded in a glittering arc and fell to the ground, joining the millions of snowflakes covering the Earth’s floor. Becoming just another extension of it, just as he had the day he died.

 

I don’t know where, exactly, this came from, but at literally one in the morning, I saw this image and I needed to write about it. It was of a single figure, perched on a broken fence as snow fell around, the white flakes sticking to his black hair. 

EDIT: I got a request for clarification, so here it is: Baekhyun died a year before in a car accident because of a snow storm. It's his spirit at the beginning, sitting on the broken fence (the one his car impacted), locked in time, in that final moment before he died. Chanyeol comes to grieve on the anniversary of the accident, bringing with him the dead petals of their rosebush, which Baekhyun had loved. The red and brown against the pristine snow is symbolic (because of reasons, one of which being that blood is red but brown when it dries). And the sight finally cripples Chanyeol. Baekhyun's spirit is unable to take the sight of his lover like that and starts to go to him, but he can't because he isn't there anymore. His "temporary body" doesn't really exist, and thus it is destroyed, becoming just another part of the earth. The whole scene was about falling, the falling snow, falling tears, and the falling feeling you get when you realize that someone really isn't coming back.

(And my author's note is almost longer than the actual drabble now, but whatever)

Also, I deleted my first drabble on here because it was absolute crap and maybe I’ll try writing it again someday, but I’m so so sorry for putting people through that ㅠㅠ I wrote it on my phone (which I’m never doing again) and the format was ed and it was poorly edited. So yeah. That’s where “Baths… are Nice” went.

(This is drabble sized, right? xD They won’t all be this short, hopefully <_<)

(Credit to owner for chapter image)