XLIII: Hesitation

Ms. Opposite and Mr.Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Architect ~~~!” The receptionist greeted with relief.

 

“Hey, Taehee, am I late yet?” you asked as you approached her briskly and laid out your hand for the folder containing the files you’re going to present for today’s meeting.

 

“No, Wonder Group’s Director hasn’t arrived yet.” Taehee handed you a thick black folder. Across it in bold letters was W.G. BUILDING PROPOSAL

 

“Thanks.” You smiled at her gratefully and proceeded to enter the big conference room.

 

“Good Morning.” You greeted and shook the hands of the men sitting on their respective positions at the long conference table.

 

You placed your warm coffee on top of the farthest side of the table and settled comfortably on the revolving chair. While waiting for the other members of the meeting, you carefully reviewed the outlines of the project stated on the papers inside the folder and mentally recited the lines you’re going to say in your presentation later.

 

A few minutes later, the huge wooden doors opened—revealing a tall and handsome man wearing a gray coat over his black suit. He is Wonder Group’s heir, Director Hyun Bin.

 

Everyone stood up to give their respect. He bowed courteously. “Forgive me for being late.” He apologized briefly as he sauntered gracefully to the other end of the table and sat while tugging at his blazer.

 

“Shall we start?” He gestured with his hands, looking directly at you.

 

“Ah, ne.” You stood up from your seat and climbed up to the platform.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, ~~~ imnida. So today, I am here as a representative of Aidea Firm and will propose to you our building plan for Wonder Group’s soon to rise 8-floor shopping mall below a luxurious 100-floor condominium residence.” You started up as an introduction.

 

The presentation went very well. Everyone seems to be pleased with the proposal as they nodded satisfyingly at the screen displaying the three-dimensional of the proposed building. They were also impressed with the reasonable cost despite the sturdiness of the materials that will be used and the modern aspects of its architecture.

 

At the end of your proposal, everyone in the room clapped. Before stepping down the platform, you bowed in acknowledgment and smiled gratefully.

 

“Very great job, Miss ~~~.  I’ll be looking forward to working with you.” Director Hyun Bin congratulated you.

 

“Kamsahamnida, Director Hyun Bin.” You bowed once again and shook his hand.   

 

~

 

You entered the passcode to your temporary apartment and pushed the door open when it unlocked.

 

“Surprise!” The lights flicked open and the sound of loud popping sounds came along with streamers and confetti.

 

Myungsoo and Ji Eun stood in front of you while holding a “Welcome Back” banner.

 

“Guys!” You breathed out with a huge smile on your lips.

 

“Wow, Miss FBI agent no more…” Ji Eun  shook her head happily. She approached you and locked you in a very tight embrace. “You’ve changed so much! Look at you!” She released you and urged you to spin around to flaunt your new look. You did it willingly.

 

“Again, again.” Ji Eun gestured for another twirl with her fingers. You rolled your eyes but submitted to it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter